Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Infinity Wars - TCG

Holy Cow

Anybody playing this? I did a search on the forum and couldn't find anything. Jaedar introduced me to it, it's free on steam.

es a card game with simultaneous turns and some cool mechanics like 2 types of hitpoints, morale and health, and it has four 4 different types of zones u can put units in. the sweetest thing is the simultaneous turns, tho. very mindgamey.

also has draft mode.

also cool art, cool factions, significant SP content (that is intredasting instead of mindless grind like DoC/HS) and the game seems p ok with giving u lots of booster decks for free if u do certain things. the only drawbacks is that cards that u get as prizes can't be traded: only cards u buy with gold or real money can. it's kinda stupid imo but apparently it's supposed to be a tradeoff to the fact that u can get shittons of good cards by just doing quests and stuff and they didn't want to break the economy (?) since u can trade with other players.

anyway, it's on steam. check it out.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257730/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I cannot confirm or deny that this game is deeper than HS yet, but even the starter decks has lots of combos and synergies that are really cool. Preliminary Jaedar seal of approval is granted.

Disgruntled

Savant
I tried it out a few months ago in the beta. Didnt like the artstyle or the gameplay.
The whole infinite model felt like :gumpyhead:. Spamming the same cards 10 times, seeing the damage per turn grow to absurd numbers. I prefer a more focused tcg.

Teremus

Barely Literate
Hi Root,

You may recognize me, but if you're in-game for a while you'll definitely see me. I'm Teremus, Community Manager for Infinity Wars.

I was being a bit silly and googling what people were saying about Infinity Wars and I came across this post back in the pages. Just wanted to come by and say hello, glad you're enjoying the beta. Let me know if you, or Jaedar, have any questions.

Disgruntled, I apologize I'm not sure what you're referring to with the Infinite model. The only cards that can have more than 3 cards in the deck are Unlimited characters, which are also the very base of a factions capabilities and not actually used for any strategic gain. Also, there's been quite a bit that has changed in the last few months, we're still in beta so you can usually expect quite a few changes and additions. If it's not your style of gameplay, well it's not your style of gameplay. It's certainly not for everyone. ^.^

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I played against rootokun. His verore deck is a bit better than mine(dat removal), but I really like the exiled. Forcing both players to discard their entire hands and then playing your cards from the graveyard at a fraction of their real cost is nice :M

I really need to do some quests for free boosters and build up my card pool a bit.

I'm really digging that this game has a "manabase" mechanic that allows you to mix cards from different factions. This is something I have not seen in a digital card game before and it is very interesting. Should allow for a lot of potential decks.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
In an effort to provide general information: Master/apparentice system gives you free 3 card boosters for every 15 minutes you play together(so about 1 per game).

I still find this game pretty cool. I wish it didn't take so long to get enough money for boosters(prob 30 games or something). It's not as bad as it seems because you get a bunch of free boosters from leveling and free cards from quests, but still. At least boosters have a very good value, and there are really no cards I'd say are unplayable.

Also, Its funny how there's a card that costs 4 mana more than the 'maximum' and if you cast it it typically makes the game crash because its so good :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
B14B4D330E1FFBF31B4EC2AB69708DA5A2967E18

You jelly root?

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
I discovered this game in March and pretty much stopped playing Hearthstone ever since then. It does have several major flaws though.

Pros:
-Innovative mechanics like simultaneous turns which allows for various mindgames
-Excellent card design, probably the best of all digital TCGs right now
-Fun deckbuilding, lots of interesting decks to build
-The luck factor is relatively small, skill matters a lot
-Has card trading
-You get a lot of free, possibly good cards (see Jaedar's post)

Cons:
-Buggy as fuck (the main reason I didn't make a thread about this game on Codex)
-Relatively small player base
-Farming for packs is kinda slow
-The company likes to pull gratuitous Star Trek crossovers out of their asses

My in-game name is Hyakusiki.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
So i've noticed that after i've beaten the cheating AI in the final missions of each tutorial tier, i'm not being rewarded any points. Is that intended?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
So i've noticed that after i've beaten the cheating AI in the final missions of each tutorial tier, i'm not being rewarded any points. Is that intended?
the final missions in the tutorials is broken and doesn't register being completed.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
yeah the first two are a problem, although the bugginess seems to be lower now. player base is still small and I'm p sure i played against you twice, my ingame name is LoveOfMoney. hope they turn up the marketing or some streamers pick it up, their subdreddit is essentially abandoned too

farming for packs gets slower as you level up but at the start you get shittons of stuff pretty fast tho
Yep, I've played two hyper games against you just today.

When I talked about farming packs I was actually talking about farming IPs to buy packs, since this is the only way to obtain non-soulbound cards. (Technically you could play drafting, but come on. Drafting in IW is pretty much a meatgrinder right now)
I think you're supposed to play the first 3 missions again to obtain the reward. Not quite sure about that though, you probably want to ask for help in the global chat.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Are the starter rewards randomized somewhat, or does everyone get the exact same shit for completing a bunch of campaign missions? I got my first Epic already, Dragon Project, and I'm wondering if it's actually rare or one of those fake rarity bullshit things that everyone gets.

Game seems pretty fun, I was enjoying the tutorial campaigns a lot just for the novelty of the card abilities until the game suddenly kicked me out and informed me it was doing server maintenance for an indeterminate amount of time.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Are the starter rewards randomized somewhat, or does everyone get the exact same shit for completing a bunch of campaign missions? I got my first Epic already, Dragon Project, and I'm wondering if it's actually rare or one of those fake rarity bullshit things that everyone gets.

Game seems pretty fun, I was enjoying the tutorial campaigns a lot just for the novelty of the card abilities until the game suddenly kicked me out and informed me it was doing server maintenance for an indeterminate amount of time.
Some quests have fixed rewards, whereas others reward randomized booster packs which can contain any card. IIRC The Dragon Project isn't a reward for any of the quests, so you probably got it in a randomized booster. However The Dragon Project is in fact a bit less rare than other epics, because it's found in the purchasable Genesis deck in the store.

Also The Dragon Project is terribad and I have never seen anyone play it and not lose immediately afterwards.
How often is this game updated with new content?
New card sets are released every 4 months or so.

Damned Registrations

Played some more. Got another epic, which seems much more useful and is actually rare, after looking at the starter decks. Though maybe not terribly useful, since it costs 14 to play. I'm having a hard time imagining not having won by then. Maybe if you focused on resource acceleration, but then you'd still need to draw the damned card.

Tried the drafting. First go was a dismal failure, lost 3 games in a row, everyone seemed to have much better cards (one guy had a legendary, didn't realize those even existed), reward was pitiful. But the second attempt is so far 3:0. Zombies are OP it seems. I had like 5 chances to get that guy that raises your whole graveyard at once, and if you have him and a bunch of cheap fodder it's pretty hard to lose.

Damned Registrations

Not virus, it's some spell that summons every beast in your entire deck. I forgot the name.

As for drafting... as I mentioned, I've only drafted twice so far, but I can say that drafting a single faction seems to be a major advantage. Much more likely to get synergy in your deck that way. Also, my original plan with the zombies was to just get a ton of the unlimited card, but I only ended up with like 3. They're really uncommon for some reason, even in a mono deck. OTOH, you're practically guaranteed to see a similar number of a lot of the commons. Having more than 3 of the zombie that automatically pops into your hand from your deck on turn 1 is insanely good. You can discard on the first turn to put something from your hand straight to the grave if it's beneficial, and obviously it's huge card advantage and secures your tempo. I'd imagine other factions have some good stuns to pull too.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
I've only done one drafting run with a 3-purity FD deck. After ending the run with a 0-3, I swore I would never bother with drafting again until I reach golden rank.

Damned Registrations

Oh man, I wish my screenshot had actually worked. I got to see this today:

Agent Coyle (some derp title)
Cost: 1
Purities: none.
Pay X: Use an ability.
3/3 (or something weak, I forget)
LEGENDARY

And here's the abilities:

2: Gain +3/+3 permanently.
4: Attack twice this turn.
6: No single source can deal more than 3 damage to Agent Coyle this turn.
8: Agent Coyle automatically destroys anything he deals damage to this turn.

:lol: Oh yeah, balanced card is balanced as FUCK.

Edit: Found a pic, the wiki is buggy as fuck: http://infinity-wars.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_Coyle,_Alpha_One

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Alpha One is pretty bad actually. Too small unless you invest tons of resource on him, and very vulnerable to removals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom