Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interplay wins the lawsuit

Ausir

Arcane
...against TopWare

On September 24, 2010, the Company initiated a lawsuit against TopWare Interactive, Inc., in the United States District Court for the Central District of California over TopWare's infringement of the Company's Battle Chess trademark. The Company's lawsuit alleges various violations of federal trademark laws, as well as state claims for unfair competition. The Court granted a preliminary injunction against TopWare, precluding further use of Battle Chess or any confusingly similar title by TopWare, its officers, directors, employees, attorneys, affiliated companies, and anyone acting in concert with them. Interplay will continue to enforce its intellectual property rights against potential infringement.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh good, it's not the Fallout one. I was about to get pissed.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Shame it's not the Fallout one. Bethesda acted like total idiots so far, so seeing Interplay win would be priceless.

Sceptic said:
Shame it's not the Fallout one. Bethesda acted like total idiots so far, so seeing Interplay win would be priceless.

yeah, well about Betheshda... was it their choice to allow Obsidian to do New Vegas? Much as I dislike FO3 it's not all bad. I'd have a sense of gratitude towards them for reviving the franchise and making NV possible.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Fuck, does that mean Herve gets more money?

Motherfucker.

As for FOOL, I want Interplay to keep the rights, make a fucking shitballs awful MMO, taint the everloving fuck out of the 'franchise' so Beth drops its steaming pile of their version and it either dies, or goes to a house capable of bringing it back to its Fallout Roots. Mind you, I think Beth has a section in the contract that if they think it will harm the 'franchise' they can shitcan the project.

I want Herve to suffer, motherfucking frog cunt.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Xor said:

Same here.

As far as I hate Beth's games since oblivion I do however feel some gratitude for allowing NV to happen.

They can make as much shit as they want as long as they will allow Obsidian to make more Fallouts.

torpid

Liturgist
Too many peasants groveling and thanking their master for giving them some scraps in this thread

Battle chess Let's see
battle-chess_1.png

This game right? I remember playing that a long time ago.
:love:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Xor said:

Why? At least with Interplay Fallout stayed dead, instead of being raped senseless by Bethesda and Obsidian.

relootz

Scholar
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Battle chess Let's see
battle-chess_1.png

This game right? I remember playing that a long time ago.
:love:

This was a very cool chess game. :salute:

Dyskolos

Cipher
I can't believe I'm saying this of anything but I wish they'd release the original or a remake for a mobile platform. You can't fuck chess up and I now want to play it on the morning commute.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:

You clearly don't know all the shit Interplay has pulled under their current management. They deserve to die. Horribly. Interplay is nothing like what it once was, and any goodwill they had saved up from the old days has been completely erased. They are the worst gaming company around, living off French tax laws and whoring out old franchises to stay afloat. They were sued for not paying their employees a few years ago and AFAIK they still haven't. They cancelled Van Buren in favor of Fallout PoS, a game that is far, far worse than Fallout 3. And now they're trying to make an MMO to get a quick buck off the now-revived Fallout license. No dice, Herve. I will side with Zenimax here any day of the week, they are clearly the lesser of two evils.

Xor

Arcane
Yes. I am mad. What of it? Do you even realize where you're posting? This is RPGCodex. We get mad about everything. Anger is the fuel which keeps this site going. The Codex has been raging at the decline for years now, and you...you are just a newfag troll. Or a Drog alt.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Xor said:
You clearly don't know all the shit Interplay has pulled under their current management.
I do. It's also been what, 7 or 8 years since all the stuff you mentioned? Not that it makes what they did any better, but I've had time to get over it. And I was taking the lawsuit in itself: Bethesda were being complete dicks by suing Interplay, not to mention they were also completely wrong (they claimed Interplay had done nothing on the MMO; Interplay proved that they had). As much as I'd like Herve to go bankrupt, watching Bethesda fumble the preliminary injuction was hilarious. I mean, their attorney was saying the kind of stupid stuff we've always associated with Interplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom