Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland inXile's Wasteland 1 Re-Release

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
We have Deep Silver helping on all of that stuff so shouldn't be an issue. We'll see, I'll probably know more closer to release. Old-school box is old-school box.

Stabwound

Arcane
Yes, the "look it up" text should be patched in.
Paragraph book texts will be integrated into the game.
Fucking awesome.

This is some great incline out of nowhere that I never would have expected. :incline:

Where will this be available? Is it going to be the version given to all WL2 backers? I want to get my hands on this new version, fucked up portraits or not.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What do you people have against reading paragraph books, that was fun

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Where will this be available? Is it going to be the version given to all WL2 backers? I want to get my hands on this new version, fucked up portraits or not.
It'll likely go out on GOG and Steam. All WL2 backers get this version, yes.

This doesn't instill confidence... your PR skills are lacking on this one
I'm not PR.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

True, when you have the actual printed paragraph book. Alt+tabbing isn't a whole lot of fun though.

Plus it shows they've actually invested some effort into this rerelease and not just redrawn the portraits and added a new Mark Morgan tune. I hope they fix the bugs as well while they're at it. (And introduce some surprise easter eggs of course so I have the reason to actually replay the game. :P)

Stabwound

Arcane
There is really no good argument for having the text in a booklet that you have to read. The only purpose it serves is copy protection, and it's a sheer fucking annoyance today. It doesn't add anything to the game at all, especially these days when any version of the game you can buy comes with a thing in PDF format.

Name

Cipher
There is really no good argument for having the text in a booklet that you have to read. The only purpose it serves is copy protection, and it's a sheer fucking annoyance today. It doesn't add anything to the game at all, especially these days when any version of the game you can buy comes with a thing in PDF format.

Also memory limit/disk space limit supposedly.

True, when you have the actual printed paragraph book. Alt+tabbing isn't a whole lot of fun though.
You people play those games on full screen?
It's more beautiful that way with scaler lol.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm not specifically talking about the difficulty (even though it's pretty easy) but about how it plays in general. Once you set a couple of macros for the most used functions, you're done.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It'll likely go out on GOG and Steam. All WL2 backers get this version, yes.

So by backers do you mean just the Kickstarter backers, or do you also include those who pre-ordered/backed from the website?

Multi-headed Cow

Oh, neat. I was getting kind of cranky that Inxile hadn't bundled Wasteland with Dosbox and stuck it on Steam and given me a key yet, but Enhanced Director's Diamond of the Year Wasteland 1 is possibly worth the wait.

4too

Arcane
Rusty Skill Sets

Grauken said:

Will not embed this Youtube 'feature' by Bunny Hop, almost a half hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XLaWSlJbFU

Watch if you like, 5 to 10 minutes.

Politely smirk as two couch astronauts show up at a 1980's era video game (pardon the sports analogy) 'with out their socks pulled up'.

They did do some home work, but were not ready to play the game @ 110%.

Flat line in the fundamentals? Skill set rusty or ... never nurtured?

Spoon feeding 101, read the rules, and then WORK at your play.

YES, that was / is book work, that was / is part of the game,

the hidden 'pay to play' that one dealt with or you don't leave the bench.

Never get beyond the flashing DOS cursors ... sat and watched the world go by. ;)

4too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom