Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers - now with Aftershock DLC

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I look forward not only to the new expansion's levels but the "remix" of the original campaign with the new enemies and weapons and whatever else they add to it.

geno

Savant
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/562860/view/3122689629911497250
We're hard at work on the Aftershock expansion pack for Ion Fury, and we wanted to give you a little update on what's going on. Unfortunately, unforeseen delays have pushed back the release beyond our initial projections, but we're committed to not sacrificing quality in order to hit any specific deadline. Additional development time is needed to polish the new content and make sure it meets the high standards set by the base game.

We know how much everyone is looking forward to Aftershock and we appreciate your patience as we work to make the expansion another memorable experience. In the meantime, continue to enjoy Ion Fury and keep an eye out here for more information about Aftershock in the coming months.

For now, we can reveal that Aftershock will feature
13 all-new levels, one entirely new weapon, new inventory items, and several new enemy and ammo types.
There's also
Arrange Mode
, an amped-up remix of the entire original campaign with mirrored levels and modified enemy and item placement that introduce the enhanced loadout and enemy variety into the base game. And finally, by popular request, we're adding a
brand-new skill level 5
to ramp up the difficulty level even further for the most hardcore players.

For now, here are some screenshots of Aftershock in development!

498d4caf69ed91ae70c77d1faa6589c48b8a82cf.png

0d0327d5340844b7d53bf00d13cb803e33902047.png

30f4faae7c90f8c510e16f9e358e21cba532fd44.png

8a83a95a14f57ab35532efa45cab28849bc6b2bc.png

Thank you all for your support of Ion Fury – we hope you've enjoyed playing it as much as we enjoyed making it and we can't wait for everyone to experience everything that Ion Fury: Aftershock has to offer!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I was glad to play the whole game and get to the end, but none of the level design was so outstanding or memorable that "even more of the same" sounds worth my time or energy.
Years later, I'm starting to feel like I could revisit this world. I wouldn't play through the OC again but a new story might hold my interest for a playthrough.

HansDampf

Arcane
I thought I'd revisit the game and see how it has improved. First time I played it shortly after release, before the first patch came out, and I had a lot of complaints even though I like the game overall. There were just so many issues that annoyed me and drag it down from :4/5: to :3/5:. Some of those issues should have been addressed by patches if the changelogs are to be believed.
Well, not really. In fact, it seems even worse than I remember.
  • The AI is broken. Enemies frequently get stuck in corners, and it's as bad as it's ever been. Every fight has like 2 or 3 cultists that get lost somewhere and are effectively disabled. Sometimes I find a few of them 30 minutes later while I'm backtracking and looking for secrets.
  • The Loverboy is broken. Marking enemies with the secondary fire sometimes doesn't work. I think it has something to do with how the maps are divided into sectors, and you can't mark enemies from one sector to another? I don't know, I'm not a mapper. It also happens during hectic battles, of course, when I'm swiping the crosshair back and forth over an enemy like a retard, and it just won't lock on. Considering how useful this weapon is throughout the game, this is a major issue.
  • Platforming is broken. The engine often eats my jumps, and I don't know why.
  • Weapon switch isn't buffered while firing. You have to wait until the firing animation has finished before you can press another weapon key. But you can cancel reload animations by switching weapons. I don't get it.
  • Annoying enemies with tiny and janky hitboxes. You could just remove all spiders and propeller skulls, and Ion Fury would be a better game. Especially the propellers because the "best" way to get rid of them is the broken Loverboy.
  • The flying torsos with their homing missiles also still suck. The patch notes say they've added sound effects for the missiles so they won't surprisebuttsex you anymore. I'm not sure I've noticed any differences. But it wouldn't help much anyway. These enemies just suck. The AI wants to keep as much distance from you as possible, so they always end up hugging the far wall everywhere. Then they're hard to see because they blend in with the background. Or they disappear into a corner like the cultists and you have to dig them out. What a pain. Another problem is ...
  • Poor feedback when taking damage. I get hit by a barrage of missiles that obliterates my entire 200 mega armor and I'm down to 30 HP. But I barely notice anything. Pain sounds? Screen flashing red? Any other effects? Virtually nothing.
  • Despite being a powerful weapon, the crossbow looks, feels and sounds like a plastic toy that shoots hot air.
  • Only a minor complaint because it's optional, but can we please get rid of all press-E-on-random-wall-to-reveal-one-medikit secrets? I'm beginning to hate them in Doom maps as well. Give me just 2 or 3 big secrets max per level. Then I'd be more motivated to look for cryptic hints.

Sorry. I feel better now. Can't wait for the DLC.
:d1p:

geno

Savant
Voidpoint made 3 tweets (with media) this week. Considering these are the average number of tweets they make yearly, I think it's safe to assume that they will give us a final release date today at the Realms Deep show.

EDIT: Will I ever get tired of being wrong?

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Voidpoint made 3 tweets (with media) this week. Considering these are the average number of tweets they make yearly, I think it's safe to assume that they will give us a final release date today at the Realms Deep show.

EDIT: Will I ever get tired of being wrong?

Replace that faulty crystal ball of yours.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
'Member when the release date for Aftershock was Summer 2021? I 'member.
They need to get this shit out the door pronto, the Fortune's Run demo was a much needed old-school shooter injection but it's not the 100% pure crystal meth that a real Build Engine game is. I know it's being so slow because "3D Realms" is a fucking scam company that's even worse than Bethesda the publisher were. Heard they don't even give these kids any money but just puts it out on the market when they get it done. I'd hate to see this one end up like WRATH: Aeon of Ruin once everyone has given up hope that it's ever going to be released and the devs leave one after another. In stark contrast to the shitty UE5 pixelshit by the numbers Phantom Fury (Did CDcuckprojekt steal the Phantom part trough corpo espionage or something? That's one weird fucking coincidence.) Aftershock looks dope as fuck.

Last edited:

axx

Savant
Aftershock and Silksong devs must be staring at each other like "You release it first!", ... "No, after you!", ...

toughasnails

aftershock more like afterthought
Really though. Given how we now know about Phantom Fury and how it seems to have been 3DR's focus for a while, maybe that explains why so many other projects (whether this or other stuff like Kingpin remaster) seem to be more or less stalling.

geno

Savant
aftershock more like afterthought
Really though. Given how we now know about Phantom Fury and how it seems to have been 3DR's focus for a while, maybe that explains why so many other projects (whether this or other stuff like Kingpin remaster) seem to be more or less stalling.
I think Tempest Rising was the main focus for 3DR. It is basically the CEO's dream game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom