Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Iron Tower Merger Deal

Collywobbles said:
" a devestating war "

Is this the kind of quality introduction I had to blow Vince for? I will not pay money for this game.

It could've been a gritty devestating dark war of maturity.

Andhaira

Arcane
ITS should also take Basilisk Games and Spiderweb Software into the fold.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Etienne_the_Guardian said:
I wonder how that would work out, though. NN and Vince are complete polar opposites when it comes to how RPG's should be done.
That's the best part.

Collywobbles said:
" a devestating war "

Is this the kind of quality introduction I had to blow Vince for? I will not pay money for this game.
I copy-pasted what Gareth typed at 3am. Could have been a lot worse.

Collywobbles

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
I copy-pasted what Gareth typed at 3am. Could have been a lot worse.

Yeah I guess if Gartehy wrote it, I'm surprised its not three or four pages.

Durwyn

Prophet
Führer VD did an anschluss of SoW...

Seriously... nice news. Boner inducing.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
So der Führer stretches his tentacles out into the void to grab new meat. Building an empire, huh?

I hope it will provide delicious drama when they start to fail.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Gareth said:
Vince is a skilled marketer
I should hope so given it's his fucking job. :P

I'm still not certain what this actually means though. From what Gareth is saying it's more like he's just signed up a publishing deal with ITS, rather than it resulting in much "pooling of resources".

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Lol, thanks for the support all. And the random gifs and tomfoolery, there is no place like home. :lol:

SoW won't be changing it's design focus, don't worry. Think of it as a sharing of marketing, community and PR efforts rather than a publisher/developer relationship.

I'm still not certain what this actually means though. From what Gareth is saying it's more like he's just signed up a publishing deal with ITS, rather than it resulting in much "pooling of resources".

It means that Vince is good at drumming up interest and attention, a role traditionally played by advertising and hype. Mainly by talking plainly about AoD and his views on RPGs and the industry. It sounds simple but it isn't easy to be an interesting enough speaker to draw attention, to keep it and to grow it over time.

The difference between a good salesman and a bad salesman isn't the product, it's the presentation. It helps to have a good product though. ;)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Things are going very well for ITS...

gm_buttes0031-1.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Mergers? Wow. Not as independent now. This is the first step on the path to corporate whoredom. R00fles!

kris

Arcane
Etienne_the_Guardian said:
I wonder how that would work out, though. NN and Vince are complete polar opposites when it comes to how RPG's should be done.

I am sure this isn't an issue for these two games as it is about sharing resouces, not merging the games. As for future games, who knows?

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Gary's Mod is so delicious if it brings us things like that. I can't tell if it's more funny or terrifying. Because it is a lot of BOTH.

Also, grats to parties involved and Mazeltov! and suchlike :)

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Annie Carlson said:
Gary's Mod is so delicious if it brings us things like that. I can't tell if it's more funny or terrifying. Because it is a lot of BOTH.

Insulting colleagues. ts ts ts.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
BethesdaLove said:
Annie Carlson said:

Insulting colleagues. ts ts ts.

No seriously, I DO love Gary's Mod, and I honestly can't tell if that picture is more funny or more terrifying. It is like the marble cake of scary and hilarious, wherein the two are BLENDED you see.

And Vault Dweller knows I give him props. Up high!

/highfive

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom