Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is anyone optimistic about Eschalon ?

Jora

Arcane
BTW, one of the interesting things posted on the Basilisk boards is that they like the old school Lands of Lore/Eye of the Beholder type of engines and will make a game like that in the future.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Jora said:
BTW, one of the interesting things posted on the Basilisk boards is that they like the old school Lands of Lore/Eye of the Beholder type of engines and will make a game like that in the future.
Cool!

And yes, I'm interested in the "will definitely try the demo" sense.

Atrachasis

Augur
Cautiously optimistic. I am quite enthusiastic about what we have heard about gameplay so far (dialogues, quest design, cartography...). What I have seen of the setting (high fantasy, magic, goblins) does little to excite me, but I guess that is part of what they refer to as "old school", and it does not bother me either. And at least there are no elves.

I just wish we were told a little more about the main plot than "conspiracy and betrayal". Still, as far as it goes, that sounds promising.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
It depends on how their TB/RT combat hybrid is going to turn out.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Very optimistic. Thomas promised me a preview copy, so expect a Codex preview.

Ladonna

Arcane
Make sure you don't ruin any sales with that preview.

Professional VD....remember?

Twinfalls

Erudite
Good God yes! How can anybody watch that trailer and not be optimistic? Depth and polish, those star-crossed lovers cruelly kept apart for so long...

Elwro said:
<snip>
...yes, I'm interested in the "will definitely try the demo" sense.

Elwro's thinking along the same lines as I.

It certainly looks interesting, but, as most of you probably know, looks can be deceiving.

(OT: Holy crap! I actually spelled deceiving right on the first try! Woot!)

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yes.

What's this RT/TB hybrid talk? I thought it was purely TB.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jora said:

Yes yes yes yes yes yes please yes.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Very excited about this game. Its about the only game that is exactly the type that I love that is currently being made.

Quite amazed at the polish for an indy demo, I didnt expect nearly as much as was done with the effects and animation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom