Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is my opinion wrong?

Wanna Risen series quickie?

• Yes, more than one opinion matters

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • No, fuck off konjob

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I don't care and I want to vote

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I already have a risen KingComrade

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I write quickies. The first was a laughing matter, and for the right reasons. It was a turd. Don't get me wrong, I still did not change my opinion about Dragon Age 2, but overall quality of the review was shit. It was a good lesson for me though and I learnt from that. In consequence I could write for you a Pathologic, Prelude to Darkness and The Void quickies - that I hope were of better quality and you enjoyed them.

Recently, I've written yet another quickie. This one is about the Risen series. These games were previously reviewed by Darth Roxor and - as far as I know - the codex moderation is not pleased to post it. One of the reasons is that they are indifferent (old games, who cares!), another is that it was already reviewed previously.

I speak to you, Codex, do you want to read such a quickie? As a quickie it is not in-depth review, it attempts to tell you in brief what it fun or good in the game, and what is not. You won't learn from it all the aspects and technicalities of the game, just which main aspects are well-developed and which are trash, and based on which you should either play these games or not.

Tell me, dear 'dex. Through private messages I have heard some praise for quickies that some people appreciated they are not tl;dr reviews and could quickly tell you if the games were something worth bothering to waste your time on, but were these messages just a drop in the water and quickies are waste of a news-post or would you like another Risen series review?

Dear 'dex, either tell me the moderation is right in ignoring my quickies so I just abandon them and not waste further time, or press them to post what you would like to read. Thank you.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I write quickies. The first was a laughing matter, and for the right reasons. It was a turd. Don't get me wrong, I still did not change my opinion about Dragon Age 2, but overall quality of the review was shit. It was a good lesson for me though and I learnt from that. In consequence I could write for you a Pathologic, Prelude to Darkness and The Void quickies - that I hope were of better quality and you enjoyed them.

Recently, I've written yet another quickie. This one is about the Risen series. These games were previously reviewed by Darth Roxor and - as far as I know - the codex moderation is not pleased to post it. One of the reasons is that they are indifferent (old games, who cares!), another is that it was already reviewed previously.

I speak to you, Codex, do you want to read such a quickie? As a quickie it is not in-depth review, it attempts to tell you in brief what it fun or good in the game, and what is not. You won't learn from it all the aspects and technicalities of the game, just which main aspects are well-developed and which are trash, and based on which you should either play these games or not.

Tell me, dear 'dex. Through private messages I have heard some praise for quickies that some people appreciated they are not tl;dr reviews and could quickly tell you if the games were something worth bothering to waste your time on, but were these messages just a drop in the water and quickies are waste of a news-post or would you like another Risen series review?

Dear 'dex, either tell me the moderation is right in ignoring my quickies so I just abandon them and not waste further time, or press them to post what you would like to read. Thank you.
What are you trying to say?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
My impression of your Risen series article was that it didn't really feel like it differed all that much from Roxor's conclusions.

Anyway you can always just post these as a thread in the forum itself. :M

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems that codex moderation doesn't care about the people here. THey only care to share their shilling and edgy reviews for cool points.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It really is just your ego dude. You could make a thread but you just want the props. Granted that is not a bad thing but the props are often taken by propmasters already and they don't like handing them out unless there are LIVE ROUNDS IN THE PROP.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
If he wants his review to get onto the main page he should review something recent and not yet reviewed, easy peasy

Bigg Boss

Arcane
That is the kind of attitude that will probably get you writing reviews for them for real. Kudos. Another poster would have flipped out and rated everyone in the thread cuck and killed himself.

Konjad

Patron
What's the difference between a quicke and a review?
Reviews are tl;dr MORE WORDS = BETTER

Quickies are brief. LESS WORDS = BETTER

I just checked one of the roxor's risen reviews and it's about 5500 words. Assuming the other two are the same, that's 15000+ words. My quickie describes these games in 4477 words.

So it's whether you want in-depth opinion and elaborate descriptions, or you want the gist of it with brief opinions how it feels.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
What's the difference between a quicke and a review?
Reviews are tl;dr MORE WORDS = BETTER

Quickies are brief. LESS WORDS = BETTER

I just checked one of the roxor's risen reviews and it's about 5500 words. Assuming the other two are the same, that's 15000+ words. My quickie describes these games in 4477 words.

So it's whether you want in-depth opinion and elaborate descriptions, or you want the gist of it with brief opinions how it feels.

So Roxor is a storyfag?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
It seems that codex moderation doesn't care about the people here. THey only care to share their shilling and edgy reviews for cool points.
I wrote a quickie for Railway Empire and it was so bad it was not published, so the shilling and edginess only take you up to a certain point.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In general, yes, your opinions are wrong.

But at least you look at the facts, think honestly, and come up with a shit opinion. That deserves some credit.

Most of the "staff" just cut straight to the shit opinion and act smug about it, completely embarassing themselves *cough* Crispy *cough* Scruffy *cough* Morgoth *don't know if he's staff but he's certainly retarded enough to be* cough *

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Incidentally, "I don't care and I want to vote" is also my political stance.

Konjad

Patron
I flew in to Poland with my private jet for a quickie with Konjab (ref: see shoutbox logs).

It wasn't worth it.
Sorry, I was busy that day with your mom, so I sent a gypsie to replace me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom