Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is quoting against the rules ?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm that is not true,quote pyramids are mostly conversations between two or three people on a topic that find interesting. You do know that you could do both,right ? It is a human judgement to see if there is a need to quote or replay lol.

The point is that quote pyramids are pointless and annoying. Why can't you quote just the part you “replay“ to?

Whether a thread ban is justified for that is another question though.
You could argue that they are annoying if you are caught in the conversation,but is something that happens in forums and had accepted. It is not annoying for the people that have the conversation,it have very different function than replay. Replay is for when you want to replay to someone's post and move on. Quoting is for when you want to have multi phased conversation with someone on a topic you find meaningful. As you could see in the pic,four of us are having a nice conversation on a topic we find meaningful. So who did this quote pyramid offended ? So in the end we got banned from a thread for having certain opinions or just out of spite.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Overly long quote pyramids are annoying. I usually manually select the relevant part I want to quote rather than quoting the behemoth.

That said, thread bans are a bit harsh.
How are they annoying? We are just having a conversation and responding to each other. I doubt that anyone in the quote thingy got butthurt and reported the rest. That is like going to the pub and seeing a bunch of chaps having a nice beer and having a good conversation,then you go to them and tell them to respond only in short answers,not looking at each other and doing it one at a time.

Often the quotes in the pyramid aren't relevant to the discussion. It ends up tagging people unnecessarily (which is only a minor thing) and creates clutter in the thread.

Considering the Codexian love of going off on random tangents, the relevancy of replies is very often nil.
Yeah,but that is just something natural to forums in general. Banning people over having a conversation is pretty retarded thing. Also as you could clearly see from my screenshot,all of it is on topic. Tho maybe you didn't know that the thread it got banned from was about chink land and butthurt kwans. In the end we didn't go off topic and we had a regular conversation in a threat that mostly only we visit and have that conversation 10 times per week :lol:. It is more like banning people from their conversation.

Young_Hollow did you get banned too ?

Yeah fair enough, I was just making a general point about quote pyramids. If it's all relevant then it's fine. Also I think banning on account of that is dumb regardless.

Quote pyramids are the worst!

Nonsense, they are a time-honoured tradition here in the Codex.
unless you hold the not right opinions :lol:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Let me remind you, that on this forum, 99% of ALL posts are pure, undiluted trash, which is quite frankly annoying to sift through

Poor bastard being forced to sift through the Codex on a regular basis. My condolences.
Let me remind you, that on this forum, 99% of ALL posts are pure, undiluted trash, which is quite frankly annoying to sift through

Poor bastard being forced to sift through the Codex on a regular basis. My condolences.

It's a burden you could alleviate by hanging yourself.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Not surprised to see the supposedly "radical rebels" coming out as mods' bootlickers and cuckolds in this thread like Lady Error , defending the most ridiculous shit like bans based on the amount of "annoying" things in the post. Let me remind you, that on this forum, 99% of ALL posts are pure, undiluted trash, which is quite frankly annoying to sift through. At least fanta has the gracious courtesy of posting non-trash posts, unlike the rest of the forum. Following the logic on banning "annoying shit" posts, 99% of the people should be banned this same instance.
It is funny how the codex had changed in the four years i have been here. When i joined people were mocked for having thin skinned and whining,now people are banned for someone reporting them or being annoyed at something they did. Just shows you how weak liberal's convictions for muh free speech are. In the end i do feel very validated from this whole thing,it just reinforces my believes about the idiotic notion of free speech.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In the end i do feel very validated from this whole thing,it just reinforces my believes about the idiotic notion of free speech.

So why do you complain that your free speech is being infringed upon, Wumao?
:deathclaw:
citations needed,where did i complained about? I asked if quoting is against the rules and asked for clarification from the admins. When i got it,i mostly mocked the flimsiness of the believes of the people that preach free speech. So you either didn't read anything i posted and just want to be contrarian bitch or your reading comprehension is in negative levels. Both are pretty reasonable options,since you are a woman.:smug:

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Doing shit forum etiquette on purpose isn't a free speech issue. It's not your speech what's getting banned. Don't be a dumbass and cry "muh free speech!" when you're being detained for shitting in the middle of the most frequented street in Bulgaria.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
citations needed,where did i complained about? I asked if quoting is against the rules and asked for clarification from the admins.

Well, you got your answer:

Only when you do it.

And if free speech is an "idiotic notion" for you, why are you on a free spech forum and not somewhere else? You truly are a Wumao moron.
:lol::lol::lol:

LoL you are one dumb cougar for sure. You are just validating my point lol,so free speech for me but not for thee. The fact that du think that i should have the right of free speech as other members on his site,just shows you there is no thing as free speech,there is always acceptable and unacceptable speech.

Speaking of tags,when are you getting your name back,lady retard ?

Doing shit forum etiquette on purpose isn't a free speech issue. It's not your speech what's getting banned. Don't be a dumbass and cry "muh free speech!" when you're being detained for shitting in the middle of the most frequented street in Bulgaria.
:lol:
Yes it is you dumb npc. We have a friendly discussion between four people on a topic we find interesting,we didn't get anyone outside tangled in,we just got a conversation. Yet some of us got banned from the thread. If you can't understand what i am saying then you need to stop wasting oxygen and go plain wall with your measly brain,fucking faggit.

PS; Who the fuck are you,some butthurt tranny that crawled out of the lurker coast ?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Still waiting for your answer, Wumao:

If free speech is an "idiotic notion" for you, why are you on a free speech forum and not somewhere else?

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You got your clarification from the very moderator who did it, but that apparently wasn't good enough for you.

At this point what is anyone reading this supposed to conclude other than that you're complaining?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

It's a burden you could alleviate by hanging yourself.

You should get off the Codex and spend your time doing something worthy of your superior intellect and calibre. If nothing else, your therapist will be thrilled.

Last edited:
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Overly long quote pyramids are annoying. I usually manually select the relevant part I want to quote rather than quoting the behemoth.

How are they annoying? We are just having a conversation and responding to each other. I doubt that anyone in the quote thingy got butthurt and reported the rest. That is like going to the pub and seeing a bunch of chaps having a nice beer and having a good conversation,then you go to them and tell them to respond only in short answers,not looking at each other and doing it one at a time.

Often the quotes in the pyramid aren't relevant to the discussion. It ends up tagging people unnecessarily (which is only a minor thing) and creates clutter in the thread.

Considering the Codexian love of going off on random tangents, the relevancy of replies is very often nil.
Yeah,but that is just something natural to forums in general. Banning people over having a conversation is pretty retarded thing. Also as you could clearly see from my screenshot,all of it is on topic. Tho maybe you didn't know that the thread it got banned from was about chink land and butthurt kwans. In the end we didn't go off topic and we had a regular conversation in a threat that mostly only we visit and have that conversation 10 times per week :lol:. It is more like banning people from their conversation.

Yeah fair enough, I was just making a general point about quote pyramids. If it's all relevant then it's fine. Also I think banning on account of that is dumb regardless.

why not just cout out the middle of the quote pyramid instead of making it ever larger, more glorious and erect?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

why not just cout out the middle of the quote pyramid instead of making it ever larger, more glorious and erect?

If you continue doing this, Crispy will ban you from this thread.

lol Crispo is already getting butthurt with ratings :smug: IDK if its autism or what,I guess it fits with Infintron the poz kit spammers. Lot of crazy people!

Fantadomat just explained though,the mass pyrmaid quoting is useful to keep all of one conversation visible in a single block of text,otherwise it gets split up by the other topics in the tread. So actually quote pyramids are good.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

lol Crispo is already getting butthurt with ratings :smug: IDK if its autism or what,I guess it fits with Infintron the poz kit spammers. Lot of crazy people!
No need to bring infi in that shit,he is the most principled of the staff for sure. The whole different thing is that his principles are jewish ones :lol:. But at least the man is upholding them and stands by his ideals.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fantadomat just explained though,the mass pyrmaid quoting is useful to keep all of one conversation visible in a single block of text,otherwise it gets split up by the other topics in the tread. So actually quote pyramids are good.
Look now,that doesn't make sense to crispo because nobody wants to have a conversation with him. All the quote pyramids he had been part of ,have tagged him in by accident. He doesn't know the pleasure of a good banter/conversation.

Vatnik Wumao
Look now,that doesn't make sense to crispo because nobody wants to have a conversation with him. All the quote pyramids he had been part of ,have tagged him in by accident. He doesn't know the pleasure of a good banter/conversation.

So Crispo is acting up because he's lonely?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Only on the codex: a retard who believes in "science" and past life regression.

That is some serious IQ 80 Paki zinger right there. What "science" and when did I ever talk about past life regression?

Dude who knees towards a black cube several times a day thinks he can scoff at other people.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

So Crispo is acting up because he's lonely?
Well it is more out of spite at this moment,loneliness does turns in to spite after enough time. Nothing good comes out of being liberal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom