Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is the UK Arcanum censored?

Zeus

Cipher
Heya,

This has been bothering me for a while but I never got around to asking: I bought Arcanum off GoGamer. It's the UK edition, in the DVD case. (The one that's "ELSPA OK!").

Does anyone know if it's censored? I've heard some RPGs have children removed for the UK edition and whatnot, so how about Arcanum?

Double Ogre

Scholar
I have the same edition. It's identical to the US one. There's also a nice PDF manual on the disc, but unfortunately it's missing the table of contents, just like the original paper one.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, a nice manual that IIRC neglects to mention the descriptions of various stats and some important key bindings. On the other hand it has a rather witty introduction and was a pleasure to read. Troika created their manuals like their games.

Zeus

Cipher
Indeed! I wish I had a printed copy of the manual.

It's funny how often that thought crosses my mind these days -- I just discovered the web-only Civilization Revolution DS expanded manual and wished I could print it.

(Fans complained the Nintendo-regulation-tiny manual wasn't enough, so they made a monster .pdf with tech trees and stuff that rivals the console Civ Rev manuals.)

I can't absorb information while alt+tabbing between a game and .pdf manual. It's just not the same. Whenever I really got into a game, if I had to run to town or something, I used to bring the manual along just in case I had some time to catch up on skill trees and class types and stuff. Those were the days.

Now I'd need, like, an iPhone or Kindle or something to read the .pdf file. =P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom