Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Is Troika Dead?

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
:shock: Will the world come to the point where I'm actually rooting for Atari and Bethesda?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
EA's buying everything these days and they don't seem to have anything good to show for all the money they have. There are a couple of EA titles I'm looking forward to, though: The Godfather, and the upcoming real-time strategy game which Chris Taylor and that Gas Powered Games agreed to have EA publish for them.

He's calling the game what he wanted TA2 to be.

Kuato

Liturgist
riddle me this? what 2 things does the Godfather, Lord of the Rings, Catwoman, Harry Potter, Saving Private Ryan, and James Bond all have in common

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kuato said:
riddle me this? what 2 things does the Godfather, Lord of the Rings, Catwoman, Harry Potter, Saving Private Ryan, and James Bond all have in common

Ohh a riddle, I'll bite... uhmm... they all suck and Exitium is ghey?

Kuato

Liturgist
Kuato said:

heres a clue they demonstrate how when EA is completly lacking in original thought and just doesn't have the creativity, capacity, motivation or courage to come up with a new IP for a great game they can always exploit a movie and shoehorn it into a clone of someone elses game somehow and everything is just fine.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Exitium said:
They made a Saving Private Ryan game?
Well the Medal of Honor series has Steven Spielburg listed in the credits, so I guess he could mean that game.

Reklar

Liturgist
Perhaps Kuato is referring to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault's D-Day intro for Saving Private Ryan? I've never played the game, but I hear it's pretty realistic for today's technology. I'm not sure what the answer to the riddle is though, except for what was given as a clue. :)

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Kuato

Liturgist
Yes the very essence of Ryans Privates are melded into the fabric of the Medal Of Honor series in fact it was Steven Spielbergs idea in the first place who suggested the idea of a Saving Private Ryan game at Dreamworks many years ago which turned into Medal of Honor

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It wasn't realistic at all. It was a nice cinematic experience, to be sure, but all you had to do was to run from point A to point B and reload a lot because everytime you ran into the 'wrong direction' a mortar exploded in your face. Call of Duty's Stalingrad was a lot better, and had several paths you could run in.

Reklar

Liturgist
Exitium said:
It wasn't realistic at all. It was a nice cinematic experience, to be sure, but all you had to do was to run from point A to point B and reload a lot because everytime you ran into the 'wrong direction' a mortar exploded in your face. Call of Duty's Stalingrad was a lot better, and had several paths you could run in.

Call of Duty is also a lot newer than Medal of Honor, so it makes sense for the developers to learn from what's missing in related games. I agree that Call of Duty is probably a better experience overall, but I can only go by what I've read since I've never had the opportunity to play either game. However, Call of Duty was published by Activision so it's a moot point in relation to the riddle concerning EA. :)

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Kuato

Liturgist
is there a trend here?

Yeah I agree Movies are pretty damn linear Oh Im sorry I got confused are we talking about games or movies

Lemon

Arcane
> LIQUIDATION SALE
>
> After 7 exciting years, and 3 published games,
> Troika Games is closing its doors forever!
>
> EVERYTHING MUST GO!
>
> * Computers - P3 & up
> * Monitors 13" - 21"
> * Desks
> * Chairs
> * Conference Tables
> * Filing Cabinets
> * Cubicle System
> * Canon Copier
> * and much more!
>
> Saturday, Feb. 19th 9am - 1pm only
> 17991 Cowan in Irvine (Cash & Carry)
>
> Let our loss be your gain.
>
> Please feel free to forward this email to anyone
> that may be interested in the sale.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I just read the posts there and it seems most people believe it's a fake, just like I did. It has bullshit written all over it. Oh well.

Lemon

Arcane
dojoteef said:
LOL, nice attempt there Lemon.

I predate you nitwit.

I'll totally put my internet street cred on the line for this one Dojo, its from one of the fellows who worked on Bloodlines.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Lemon said:
its from one of the fellows who worked on Bloodlines.
So why do Odin (who posted the story) and Briosafreak say the message is completely anonymous? What, are you the one that sent that quote in, or are you just pulling this shit out of your ass?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom