Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

It is undeniable that the forum was improved by shoutbox's death

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I'm of the opinion that DU should compile a monthly list of potential bannees and then roll a dice to see who gets the boot. It will instill fear and morale within the ranks and cause hilarious drama.
List would be like this Humbaba, Humbaba, Humbaba, Humbaba, Crispy, and 27 more Humbabas.
Why would this instill any fear

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
So when a person uses the nickname "Victor" in an open thread voluntarily on the internet it's bad if someone calls him Victor because ... because what exactly Crispy?
I think you're referring to a past incident where I may have sanctioned you for using his first name after he had changed it to something else, but you didn't bother to link the thread to remind me of its details thus I can't be sure whether or not I'm sounding like a hypocrite in this particular instance.
No it was his voluntarily created nickname for this forum that I used. So if that was his name, which it probably isn't let's face it, but "sanctioning" because of an alleged incredibly common first name would be like posting a selfie of half a face in every post and then people get upset about you using that selfie in another post.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
image.png

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

In the end the only thing is changed is that now who wants to chat with each other has already the means to contact people and chat out of the site in discord. At the same time people now are spared from the unending schitzo ramblings and absolutely gross self damaging drunks posts. So overall a small improvement for the codex and huge improvment for all!
The forum gained a lot from that.

oblivionenjoyer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I liked shoutbox, even if I rarely used it. I had easy access to a place where I cold talk to codexers uncensored. Talking to Codexers in Discord is weird.
In the end the only thing is changed is that now who wants to chat with each other has already the means to contact people and chat out of the site in discord. At the same time people now are spared from the unending schitzo ramblings and absolutely gross self damaging drunks posts. So overall a small improvement for the codex and huge improvment for all!
Unofficial forum-discords are by far the most cancerous shit I've ever had to endure. The only silver-lining is that Discord usually bans them every few months.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I liked shoutbox, even if I rarely used it. I had easy access to a place where I cold talk to codexers uncensored. Talking to Codexers in Discord is weird.
Unofficial forum-discords are by far the most cancerous shit I've ever had to endure. The only silver-lining is that Discord usually bans them every few months.
Yes tho you can also organize your group and invite your frienda that is the best thing and avoid annoyances. Comes also handy for gaming with friends in general.

oblivionenjoyer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yes tho you can also organize your group and invite your frienda that is the best thing and avoid annoyances. Comes also handy for gaming with friends in general.
Adding a couple friends off the forum is a different thing, yeah. I meant moreso servers where the only thing the userbase has in common is that they're a particularly degenerate subsection of the forum, and most of them don't even know or rather hate each other.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom