Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JA2 question

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Right, so I'm playing it for the first time now, and bloody bleedin' blimey, it's fucking awesome.

But I have one question: if I recruit random people on the road and then fire them, do they disappear completely or do they stay somewhere and wait for you to recruit them again?

I was liberating the Tixa prison when I found this 'Dynamo' guy, who was all very 'thanks for freeing me brodawg, lemme join you, I have scores to settle with the evil queen'. So I take him, realise his stats suck donkey balls and fire him, whatev.

But then I liberate Alma mine and the foreman tells me I should spring Dynamo from prison so I can get the miners' trust. Now, that's all fine and dandy, but I already freed him, yet the quest is still unsolved, and talking to the foreman again after rezoning or something doesn't help, so I guess I have to bring the guy there. Yeah, but he's nowhere to be found. Checked the prison again - nope, empty as I left it.

Did I fuck up or not? Regardless, I guess that's no big deal either, since training some militia and removing nearby patrols of soldiers is enough to get the mine operational anyway, but I was still wondering if I could finish the quest one way or another.

As far as I know the Non-AIM/MERC contractors say goodbye to Arulco when fired. So, no, you won't be able to finish this quest. But as you already pointed out it doesn't really matter, so carry on and finally spray some bullets into that queen bitch.

Also, wrong forum. ;)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think they wait a while and can get killed if left n a dangerous zone.

Dynamo is dead man.

spectre

Arcane
Yes. You can tell JA2 isn't a rpg - it doesn't have shitty gameplay enough to qualify as one

patriot.gif

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Jagged Alliance 2 is not an RPG because it focuses on a tactical turn-based combat experience with player-developed and manually equipped characters instead of gay romances and navel gazing

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Everything done by Sir-Tech. Everything else is just lookalike bullshit :smug:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Blackadder said:
Isn't Dynamo a freebie? If so, why sack him? Use him as a trainer if nothing else is available.

No way, he wants 50$ per day, and I'm too jewish for that (even though I'm drowning in cash and have nothing to spend it on) :x

And well, aside from that, I just don't like having too many useless people around. Clogs up my interfaces and shit. Ordnung muss sein.

Yeesh

Magister
Darth Roxor said:
Blackadder said:
Isn't Dynamo a freebie? If so, why sack him? Use him as a trainer if nothing else is available.

No way, he wants 50$ per day, and I'm too jewish for that (even though I'm drowning in cash and have nothing to spend it on) :x

And well, aside from that, I just don't like having too many useless people around. Clogs up my interfaces and shit. Ordnung muss sein.
Jeez, Dynamo's a great deal. He's a mechanic for $50 a day. You leave him in town fixing stuff while you go off sightseeing.

Unwanted

Scream Phoenix

Unwanted
Load the game and hire him, just let him train militia in towns or something and stop being so cheap :x

if you having cash problems i feel bad for you son

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I actually hired both Dynamo and Shank. For move on the capital, I put together the "All-Arulcoan" team. Shank actually made a decent sniper after a long period of training under a high-class merc, and Dynamo was handy with a mortar.

ironyuri

Vaarna_Aarne said:
I actually hired both Dynamo and Shank. For move on the capital, I put together the "All-Arulcoan" team. Shank actually made a decent sniper after a long period of training under a high-class merc, and Dynamo was handy with a mortar.

Fucking LARPer! :x

ironyuri

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Never gonna give it up.

Always be true to yourself, BRO.

:brofist:

Incidentally, I made an "all-black" team rape-gang in JA2 once, using Gus, Magic and Blood. I'd send them in at night with knives machetes and scoped rifles.

Deidrana's men saw nothing except their smiles as the knife machete came down. :smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Reminds me how me and Gus infiltrated the warden's office in my last campaign to knife that bitch in the face many times.

And then I realized the warden's switch released just smoke and not lethal gas.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Does the above "discussion" mean a RPG is a game where a tank has stats like fire control, armor, and penetration? You know stats...

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
If JA2 isn't an cRPG then most of old-school party-based cRPGs aren't cRPGs either.
It just happens to be a good RPG which is confusing for a lot of people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom