Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

gogis

Scholar
Tried the demo. Realized that there is no option to initiate turn-based combat even in the presence of the enemies. In other words, you have to stealth kill multiple enemies fully in real time with no pause.

Did they even play their own game? Why is it so hard for them to just remake a 25 years old game with the same rules, but new graphics?

They were probably just too lazy to code so that the whole game could work both in the real-time and in the turn-based modes.

You guys keep talking about 1.13. It's not "original game". Original game was vanilla JA2

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Anyone playing this on PS5? Are the controls and performance good?
I heard the controls are decent since they did a controller patch for the PC version too and performance is fine. Some reddit people complained about some crashes but that is pretty typical for PC ports for whatever reason.

Latelistener

Arcane
Tried the demo. Realized that there is no option to initiate turn-based combat even in the presence of the enemies. In other words, you have to stealth kill multiple enemies fully in real time with no pause.

Did they even play their own game? Why is it so hard for them to just remake a 25 years old game with the same rules, but new graphics?

They were probably just too lazy to code so that the whole game could work both in the real-time and in the turn-based modes.

You guys keep talking about 1.13. It's not "original game". Original game was vanilla JA2
I am talking about original JA2, which didn't even need the button. It automatically switched to turn-based when you detect an enemy.

Never played 1.13.

Beowulf

Arcane
"More patches are on the horizon, promising further enhancements and expansions for both PC and Console players alike".

Fingers crossed for some decent content heavy DLC's

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'd prefer the reappearance of a beloved character from a previous entry in the franchise.
B157.png

Sentinel

Arcane
Isn't this game made by slavs? Why can I ask some random guy about a "soccer shirt" instead of football shirt?

Beowulf

Arcane
New update will come on 18th December
Update 1.4, codenamed 'Wolf,' introduces a significant mid- to late-game quest titled 'U-Bahn' (German for subway). Why the German name? Because you have the chance to uncover secrets hidden beneath Grand Chien since WW2, if you dare to confront the formidable adversaries protecting them.This new quest line comprises seven expansive maps within a laboratory complex. To complement the theme, update 1.4 introduces a new underground transportation system, ensuring the name's relevance.

But there's more – update 1.4 also includes numerous improvements, long-requested by the community. Such as Sat View improvements like a revamped Conflict Screen, multiselection in the inventory, sector stash overhaul, and tweaks to some Operations, as well as many other smaller fixes and adjustments.

u3K4Mgh.jpg

Sentinel

Arcane
Already seen 2 pretty big updates with community suggested reworks and changes.

Enough for me to spend full price on the game. I was waiting for a sale but fuck it. Congrats to the devs.

geno

Savant
Did they change the roadmap or is this the last major patch before the final one, the mod tools patch.

gogis

Scholar
Isn't this game made by slavs? Why can I ask some random guy about a "soccer shirt" instead of football shirt?
The writers are the only devs that are not Bulgarian.
Game have way too many Soviet cultural references to not being written by somebody born in Warsaw pact country. Like seriously, game is loaded with these (Chungachanga, Gena the crocodile etc)

Beowulf

Arcane
I really like that they decided to keep the fake Austrian accent for this potatoland character.

spectre

Arcane
Would be pointless otherwise, no? Since he's basically: we ordered Schwarzenegger from wish.com and here's what we got.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Steroid would have been very easy to not bring back at all for JA3. He didn't even exist in the original games. His voice lines are sadly VERY inconsistent here ... but the good ones are absolute gold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom