Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Jon Shafer's At the Gates

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Dominions AI is and always has been just to give you some initial practice about the basics of how the game works. Theoretically they could have put a lot of effort into the AI and what kind of armies they deploy, etc. but they intended it to be a multiplayer game where a small group of turbonerds play against each other. It's kind of like ARMA where they write the code and expect the community to do everything else.

My problem is that I don't want to organize a game with a bunch of guys, be stuck doing no more than one turn per day, but being obligated to do that every day. It's the worst of both worlds. Suddenly you just added a chore to my daily routine that interferes with my real life but I can't sit back and relax at it when I have spare time.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Dominions AI is and always has been just to give you some initial practice about the basics of how the game works. Theoretically they could have put a lot of effort into the AI and what kind of armies they deploy, etc. but they intended it to be a multiplayer game where a small group of turbonerds play against each other. It's kind of like ARMA where they write the code and expect the community to do everything else.

My problem is that I don't want to organize a game with a bunch of guys, be stuck doing no more than one turn per day, but being obligated to do that every day. It's the worst of both worlds. Suddenly you just added a chore to my daily routine that interferes with my real life but I can't sit back and relax at it when I have spare time.
This is absolutely my problem with PBEM stuff. Its too slow to engage but its a hassle that you have to do every day. Its like daily quests in MMOs. Ugh. Best case you have RL friends or people who are above and beyond turbo nerds who would be willing to do like 8 hour sessions or w/e but even then its got a lot of engagement breaking pauses as various people take more or less time to move.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom