Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Julian Gollop and Jake Solomon get together

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Video is out for a while now....

All and all, Jake comes out as a huge bro that is embarassed by all the compromises he was forced to do, while Julian is being very polite and understands that Jake just hans't the same freedom he had in the old days.

Also, completly retarded interviewer saying "turn-based were made due hardware limitations"...

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Amazingly enough I don't see or read everything instantly. So, if you do spot something and think it should be on Tcancer lemme know and get yourself named on our front page. Oh, the glory of it all.

And yeah, he should be embarassed. Especially concerning he made the perfect Xcom successor but then had to change everything because apparantly the asshats at Firaxis didn't 'get' it. Seriously, if there is one thing that made me despair modern game development it was that article.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm sure no one is more upset about it than Jake itself... All those years working on it, then being ordered to dumb it down, and even worse, sit in front of the original maker of the game (your hero, for the first time in front of you!) and defend your dumbed down game for the sake of PR...

I wish we could see what they talked about AFTER the camera was off... probably someting like:

Jake: "Sorry man, I really tried to make a proper X-COM..."
Julian: "I know, I know... but what can we do in a time where even the 'professional game journalist' says that turn-based was made only due hardware limitations?"

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Julian Gollop declined heavily during the X-Com 3 times and went completely to shit in the later times and ended up designing shitty tactical JRPGs.

Oarfish

Prophet
Julian Gollop declined heavily during the X-Com 3 times and went completely to shit in the later times and ended up designing shitty tactical JRPGs.

He's been around long enough to decline and incline a few times. Lords of Chaos was popamole compared to the original.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
He's been around long enough to decline and incline a few times. Lords of Chaos was popamole compared to the original.
Did he make some remake or something? As far as I know he never inclined after X-Com3.

Oarfish

Prophet
Not played his Rebelstar DX game, didn't like Laser Squad Nemesis and after that he has credits on fail like Ghost Recon and Ass Creed 3. So no, no incline.

He's now fucked of to Bulgaria where you can live on potato and is doing a chaos remake on his own. The original chaos was one of his previous high points other than Laser Squad. There's a flash port here, was a superb multi player TB game released by Games Workshop on the Spectrum.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Not played his Rebelstar DX game, didn't like Laser Squad Nemesis and after that he has credits on fail like Ghost Recon and Ass Creed 3. So no, no incline.

He's now fucked of to Bulgaria where you can live on potato and is doing a chaos remake on his own. The original chaos was one of his previous high points other than Laser Squad. There's a flash port here, was a superb multi player TB game released by Games Workshop on the Spectrum.
Too bad he doesn't understand the value of harshness in graphics any more. Everything looks so neat and "sympathetic".

Dehumanizer

Educated

The "Ghost Recon" in question is a turn-based tactical game, with action points and all that (like most of his games are). Pretty decent, although the story (probably not by Gollop) is unoriginal and cliché-ridden. It was not an FPS, like the name "Ghost Recon" suggests.

Oarfish

Prophet
The "Ghost Recon" in question is a turn-based tactical game, with action points and all that (like most of his games are). Pretty decent, although the story (probably not by Gollop) is unoriginal and cliché-ridden. It was not an FPS, like the name "Ghost Recon" suggests.

Aha, did not know. Assassin's creed though..

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Oh guys,guys I have this great vision of what game I want to make that was totally old-school,complex and super awsum ,but then my boss scolded me so I had to make this consoled piece of shit.If he didn't though it would had been so old-school,complex and super awsum I promise guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom