Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Katawa Shoujo: I love you just the way you are...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Music: Whiterun College

Mutou sensei, probably realizing he doesn't know anything about me, ends up saying my name wrong again, and asks me to write it on the blackboard.

I do that, and turn back to face the class, feeling awkward.

Guardian.png
Poor, poor avatar....

I listen to the teacher as he drones about getting along while letting my gaze sweep across the classroom.

Everyone seems to be listening to him intently and when he's done, they clap their hands again which feels like a weird thing to do.

ED: It appears we have found nomask7's secret schooling style which he spoke of.

The first row girl claps on this ground, with her one hand against her other wrist that ends in a bandaged stump.

ED: Why, god, why.

It makes me feel a little bad.

ED: A little?

08.jpg

ED: This part ...makes me hate the game, so so much. Or maybe the LP, cause I really want to get the whole emotion displayed properly to my dear readers. As I've did before in Mass Effect. I try to capture the character's angry face, sad, or happy. But at least this time they're static.

me.jpg
Yeah, it's fine with me.

ED: Play nice, Dovahkiin.

muto.jpg
That's good, you can work with Hakamichi. She is the class representative.
muto.jpg
She can explain anything you might want to know. And who else would be able to do that better, right?

How could I know?

The teacher passes out the day's assignments and announces that we will be working in groups of three.

It hits me that I don't know who Hakamichi is. Slow. The teacher seems to catch my helpless expression.

ED: Jesus, Dovahkiin, just follow the quest compass FFS. Or ask for rumors. I heard it helps.

muto.jpg
Oh, right. Hakamichi is right there, Shizune Hakamichi.

FUS!

09.jpg

ED: I don't like pink hair, sorry. :(

me.jpg
Hey, I guess you're Hakamichi, right? It's nice to meet you.

10.jpg

ED: My guess is that she's mentally retarded. Or she is the bastard child of Sengoku Rance. Or both.

What? I'm caught off guard by her laughter.

mi-grin.jpg
It's nice to meet you, too! But~! I'm not Hakamichi, I'm Misha! This is Hakamichi. Shicchan~!

11.jpg

ED: .....flat chest. :(

She has short, yet carefully, neatly brushed hair, a pair of oval-shaped glasses balanced on the tip of a dainty nose, and dark blue eyes that seem to alternate every few seconds between analytical and slightly bored.

me.jpg
It's nice to meet you.
12.jpg

ED: Good start.

She immediately looks at Misha, who smiles and makes a few quick gestures with her hands.
Hakamichi nods and makes a few gestures of her own.

ED: ....Oh god. She's mute?

I start to wonder if the teacher was messing with me, saying things like "you'll be able to talk to people" and "who better to explain things to you."

ED: (Intelligence) It's obvious intelligence is Dovahkiin's dump stat.

mi.jpg
I can see you're a little confused, right? But, I understand why you would think I was Shicchan!

ED: Cause you're the first one to come on screen when her name is called? Seriously?

mi.jpg
Shicchan is deaf, so I'm the person who translates things back and forth for her.
mi-grin.jpg
I'm like an interpreter~!! She says it's nice to meet you, too!

ED: You ARE an interpreter. FFS.

shi-smile.jpg

ED: That's three deep ellipses man. I am totally drawn to Shicchan already. Totally not.

mi.jpg
You're the new student, aren't you? Well, Shicchan, of course she is! If he wasn't, he would have been standing up there for no reason, right? Right~!

ED: Now I know how Luke Skywalker felt when he's chatting with C3PO and R2D2. It's like they're having their own conversation, and you're just there for the ride.

Misha looks at me with a weird expression, then continues.

mi.jpg
We don't know much about him, but maybe we'll find out later.

Maybe I shouldn't introduced myself after all. Anything would've given a better first impression than the teacher's drone and fumbling with my name.

Guardian.png
YES AVATAR, THAT IS EXACTLY THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

mi.jpg
We knew there was going to be a new student, but we didn't know you would be here today. So soon! Hicchan, right?

ED: No, but you can call me Shepard.

Hicchan?

mi-grin.jpg
Yup~! It fits, doesn't it?

Did I say it out loud? It's just a surprise. I've never liked that nickname.

me.jpg
I don't really see how.
mi-grin.jpg
It fits~! You look just like I imagined!
13.jpg

ED: ...... is she laughing at me? Is dat deaf bitch laffing at me?

mi-haha.jpg
Hahahaha~! Yeah, you look just like a Hicchan!

ED: I should've...introduced myself properly and not get stuck with retards like this. That pakist girl in the front row looks so fine right now... :(

me.jpg
I wonder why everyone seems to think so...

ED: ...that's not the right question; WHAT IS A "HICCHAN?!"

shi-glass.jpg

Guardian.png
Poor, poor, Hicchan...

Hakamichi taps her fingers on the desk to get Misha's attention. They gesture back and forth to each other excitedly, their hands a blur.

ED: I foresee great times with their hands in the near future.

Misha seems a little overwhelmed.

mi-grin.jpg
Ahaha~! Er, sorry about that!
mi.jpg
Shicchan wants you to know that she's the class rep, so if there is anything you need to know, feel free to ask her.
shi.jpg

ED: And she will answer me, without you translating the whole sign language, right?

mi.jpg
Do you like the school so far? We can show you around a little if you haven't had the time to walk around and...fami- familiarize yourself with it!

Misha stumbles with the hard word a bit, making it stick out in her otherwise fluid translation.

ED: The fuck - oh. Sign language. Anyway, no thanks. I had enough of you two already!

mi.jpg
Thanks, that would be pretty helpful. Yeah, I just kind of came straight to class today.

ED: Nooooooo.

shi-glare.jpg

ED: What?

mi-haha.jpg
Hahaha~! That's no good! You should always try to learn as much as you can about where you're going before you go there. Not just with school, either~!
mi-grin.jpg
Always! Even if it's a trip to the convenience store! Really, Shicchan? Hahaha~!

ED: You control freak. You stay away from me!

Learn about where you're going? I guess I didn't bother to do that, or just didn't care enough to do so.

I didn't look forward to this,

ED: The right words are... "I didn't ask for this."

even if I committed myself to go along with it half-assedly, but anyway.

I don't say anything, and Misha signs something that ends in a shrug. What was that? It seems like it was about me.

I feel like slumping over in my seat. Both of them are smiling, but that shrug hit me unexpectedly deep.

ED: Misha uses Shrug! It's effective! Dovahkiin takes 9 emo damage.

mi.jpg
You look down, are you okay?

ED: I just got shrugged.

shi.jpg

ED: Don't look at me with pity!

mi.jpg
Don't take it the wrong way, please~! I hate it when people are afraid to ask questions! That's how people learn things, by asking~!

ED: Oh.

mi.jpg
Asking for help is perfectly normal, as much as needing help! Stop looking like you just failed a test!

ED: OH.

mi-haha.jpg
WAHAHAHAH~!

ED: OH!

me.jpg
Alright.
shi-glass.jpg

ED: Oooooh.

mi.jpg
Ah, and another thing, you don't have to call Shicchan something so formal like 'Hakamichi' or 'class rep' all the time! Just call her Shicchan~!
shi-blush.jpg
!

ED: Shizune uses Blush! RK47 is not impressed. Shizune lost a turn and influence.

mi.jpg
Ahah~! Okay, maybe that's too casual. Maybe 'Shizune' would be more appropriate?
shi.jpg

ED: Whatever.

mi-grin.jpg
Yup, yup~! 'Shizune' is fine!
me.jpg
Heh. Okay, that would be a lot easier for me.

I feel a lot more at ease. Both of them seem so friendly, so I feel like an idiot for being so apprehensive earlier. Especially about Shizune, who I assumed would be all business.

Well, she still seems like that. Just less so, I guess.

ED: Don't lower your guard, Dovahkiin.

shi-glare.jpg
...!
mi.jpg
Huh? Oh right, we haven't even touched the assignment! We should start work now, or Shicchan will get mad.

ED: Let her.

me.jpg
The assignment is also kind of long, so we should start now if we want to finish it before the end of class.
mi-haha.jpg
Wahaha~! That too!
shi-frown.jpg

ED: What now?

Shizune glares at the two of us impatiently. I don't need to know sign language to understand that.

me.jpg
Okay, okay. I get the message.
shi.jpg
mi.jpg
After class, we can take a walk around the grounds together. It's a nice day today! Okay~?

ED: Yeah, maybe I'll take the opportunity to escape from these two once we're outta here.... Nice going, Dovahkiin!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
RK47

Finally the warp has overtaken you. Nothing good could come from LPying both Mass Effects and then going the path of inanity in Fall from Heaven 2.

As I am pitying your doomed soul I grab some popcorn. We'll see how this will turn out. :starts reading first update:

RK47

Patron
It's on! Kono DAI-Katawa Shoujo No Marathon! Subarashiii ne? Honto kimooochiiii~~

We have four hours before midnight and Ashery's ISP for Terraria server is fucked at the moment! RK47 Forges Onward~!!!!!!!!!!!

KINGSTONEEEE FLASHHH!!
00.jpg

Previously, Dovahkiin has schoolwork to do, thankfully, the class rep and her interpreter is around to help out! Let's take a look at these abled youth, shall we?

01.jpg

Still, we finish it a few minutes earlier than anyone else in the class, despite our late start. Shizune and Misha are really capable.

ED: It was a team effort.

They're quite different, though. The class rep is as calm and professional as she looks, while Misha is a lot more playful and girlish. Not to mention a little more easily distracted.

ED: So Misha suffers from .... Attention Deficit Disorder?

To be honest, the two of them did most of the work. I feel guilty about that.

ED: Don't be. I'm just left clicking to the next interesting scene.

The clock tower bells ring, signaling the end of the period. Time for lunch.

Without knowing what else to do, I follow Misha, who is beckoning me into the hallway and down the stairs.

We descend even below the lobby where I met Mutao, down to the bottom floor.

02.jpg

Its big windows open to the courtyard, towards the main gate.

mi-grin.jpg
It's the cafeteria~!

Her enthusiastic statement of the obvious makes people around us stare, but Misha doesn't seem to care so we proceed to the line.

There is a rather long list of menu options, which seems great until I realize that many of them are to accommodate students who need special diets.

How nice. It almost feels like I'm back at the hospital, eating portions measured with scientific precision to meet the needs of the patients.

ED: Gee, Dovahkiin - you're with girls! Come on! The nurses you were with did not even give you a hand job!

I pick something at random and follow Shizune to a table, sitting opposite of her.

As I nibble indifferently at the food I'd rather not eat, Misha pokes in the side to get my attention and points to Shizune.

ED: Oh?

03.jpg

Ed: Oh! What is it?

I don't understand sign, so the point escapes me.

Maybe looking at a person who "talks" to you is proper and polite?

mi.jpg
Do you want to know something?

ED: Yeah, when do we get to the ecchi parts?

me.jpg
What?
mi-grin.jpg
About anything! We're your guides so you should ask if there is something~!

ED: Oooooooh! Ooooh! OOOOOOH! Ask them about...

04.jpg

Hmmm....

Destroid

Arcane
She reminds me of Emi from Tenjo Tenge. Japanese must have something about pink/red hair in that style.

u2NLa.jpg

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I've noticed a torrent of this game on BitGamer and immediately thought "God, please! Don't let anyone from the Codex learn about this game"!

Why, God, why?!

:cry:

Well, we've had a DA2 LP, didn't we? It actually takes serious effort to sink lower than that, even with VNs. And even though it's easy to go "lololo cripple fetish wtf man", the game is supposed to be quite tasteful about the subject matter.

:smug:

Archaeon

Scholar
Yeah I spotted Pink Sasquatch over there too. What.The.Fuck.

anyway you can see his dick... :hmmm:

RK47

Patron
Final update of the night!

05.jpg

ED: I guess not asking anything is a little bit stupid. Might as well ask about the library.

me.jpg
Oh, yeah. Is there a library in the school? Lately I've gotten into reading a lot so I'd like to check it out.

Misha gives the kind of frown that makes it clear she doesn't consider reading a healthy hobby, but then picks up her smile again.

mi-grin.jpg
There is! It's in the second floor, we can show it to you sometime!
me.jpg
Thanks.

I return to my food while the girls talk between themselves.

Misha and Shizune sign back and forth very animatedly, throwing sideway glances at me but Misha refrains from translating. Maybe they are talking about secret girl stuff or something.

I quickly notice a conversation in sign is not enough to fill a silence.

We arrive in the classroom early, but we're not the first.

06.jpg

ED: Oh gawd, kill it with fire!

07.jpg

She shrinks deeper into her seat. I can feel her tension all the way from here, as if she were slowly turning into stone just from our presence.

Misha and Shizune either don't notice or don't mind it, as they walk directly past her to their seats and begin to converse.

ED: Guess nobody cares about her. :(

I'm left wondering about her, even when the classroom slowly fills with other students and finally, the teacher.

ED: Dovahkiin cares. He cares for the abandoned.

Getting into the rhythm of school feels strange; it's as if my brain remembers how this is done, but my body doesn't.

Towards the end of the class I start yawning and counting the minutes left.

I shouldn't be this tired of my first day of school.

Maybe it's the long time spent in the hospital that made me like this. I'm even feeling physically weak and lifeless.

Before long , the final bell rings.

FUS!

School is finally over for the day.

Beside me, Misha and Shizune are having a short conversation. After a bit of deliberation, Misha turns to me.

08.jpg

ED: What?

mi.jpg
Unfortunately we can't stay and show you around today, Hicchan. We've got to hurry already, since there is a lot of work for us to do.
shi.jpg
mi.jpg
You'll find your way around here, I'm sure of it.
me.jpg
Ah, wait! The teacher said I'd have to see the nurse. Where do I have to go?
mi-grin.jpg
Is that so? We can at least show you that much~!
mi-grin.jpg
Come on, the nurses have their own building, so we have to go outside.

We join the flow of students making their way down to the stairwell and outside, with the girls pointing out other senior classrooms in the same hallway as ours.

When we get outside, the girls make their way to the smaller building right next to the school.

It's built in the same style, so it looks like it's actually a part of the main building.

shi-smile.jpg
mi.jpg
This is the auxiliary building here. There's a lot of official and important stuff inside, like the Yamaku Foundation office and all the nurses' offices. They even have a swimming pool!
me.jpg
How is that official?
shi-glare.jpg

ED: You mad?

mi-grin.jpg
Don't be silly, Hicchan! It's for physical therapy of course.
mi.jpg
Anyway, all the nursing staff facilities are in there too. The head nurse's office is on the first floor.
mi.jpg
You'll be fine from here, right~!? We'll be going, then! See you tomorrow!
me.jpg
Yeah, thanks. Bye.

ED: Good riddance!

A whole building for stuff that has nothing to do with the actual education?

I guess it's necessary for a place like this.

09.jpg

On the white door on the left is a green cross with the text "Head Nurse" and a nameplate.

A voice from inside responds to my knock almost immediately, but I can't quite make it out.

It sounded a bit like an invitation to open the door, so I invite myself further in.

ED: Can't wait to see the nurse..maybe she's changing now and we get to fu fu fu fu fu-

FUS!

10.jpg

DAH!

ED: A man?!

11.jpg

He is young-looking and sort of rugged, but the dimples in his cheeks wash that impression away when he smiles.

me.jpg
Erm, are you the nurse?

He smiles like a person who has heard this very same question hundreds of times.

nurse-grin.jpg
Why yes, I am. It says so on the front door, no?

ED: You can stop smiling now. It's creeping me out.

nurse-grin.jpg
You can call me by my name or just 'the nurse' like everyone else.

ED: So..you examine the girls as well?

Of course. I shake off my confusion, realizing I probably should grab his extended hand. His handshake is rather firm and friendly.

ED: No homo.

me.jpg
Right...err, I'm a new student and my homeroom teacher told me to come and meet you. My name is Hisao Nakai.

His eyes light up with revelation and he snaps his fingers.

nurse-wink.jpg
Oh you're THAT Nakai. I was just reading your file in the morning.

ED: getoutgetoutgetoutgetout

nurse-wink.jpg
Some kind of chronic arrhythmia and related congenital heart muscle deficiency.

He gestures me to sit down in a vacant armchair in front of his desk.

me.jpg
Eh, yes.

nurse.jpg
Good. Well, you've probably been briefed about the school enough, so I'll just go over this quickly.
nurse.jpg
We have all kinds of facilities available, mostly physical therapy and such.
nurse.jpg
There's always someone from my staff around, even at night, so never hesitate to call us if there is a problem.

The famous twenty-four-hour nursing staff.

ED: Well, can't have a kid dying at night alone, can we?

me.jpg
Wow, this like a hospital.

ED: Wow, you're SO smart!

nurse.jpg
Well, not exactly. For instance, we don't do brain surgery here.

ED: HA HA. Ha ha. Ha. Ha?

His joke feels so out of place that I'm left thinking why he even said it.

me.jpg
Yeah...just that it's really weird to have so many medical people at a school.
nurse.jpg
You'll get used to it.

I'm not sure of that myself but I don't let the nurse know it.

nurse.jpg
Now let me just find your file again...

While he searches for something from his computer and shuffles stacks of papers around, I let my gaze wander around the room.

It's the epitome of generic, I'd like to say.

ED: This is a nurse office, not Skyrim. FFS, Dovahkiin!

Beige walls and ceiling, dark gray laminated flooring, and all the equipment you'd expect from a school nurse's office.

Even the ridiculous education posters are hanging on all four walls, reminding me to eat properly - three times a day and from all the food groups.

Smiling, the nurse draws a thick file from a stack of similarly thick files and opens it.

nurse.jpg
So, you already have medication for the arrhythmia, just remember to take your pills every morning and evening or it won't be much help.
nurse-wink.jpg
Apart from that...do you have any sports? Rash stuff like...I don't know, boxing?

ED: I love to LP.

He grins to his own joke but I don't.

ED: There's a joke there?

me.jpg
Eh, well. I played soccer occasionally with some classmates.
nurse-wink.jpg
All right, I'm afraid I'm going to have to recommend you refrain from doing that. At least, for the time being.
me.jpg
Oh.

My lack of reaction makes him raise an eyebrow, but really, I'm not too bothered by him forbidding me to kick a ball around.

I guess I never did it out of burning passion for the sport. Just to have something to do.

nurse.jpg
Any kind of concussion might be very dangerous to your heart and risking another attack is not a good idea.

ED: Damn right, we should hide the Halbech missiles somewhere safe. Oh wait, wrong game.

nurse.jpg
Was the previous one caused by a sudden concussion to the chest area? There is no mention of the cause in your papers.

ED: A girl's confession did it. XD

me.jpg
Err...not exactly.

I sidestep the question acceptably, and he glances at me over his papers, with a more serious expression on his face.

ED: Fuck's sake, Dovahkiin, what if another girl confesses to you in this school? Why don't you tell your doctor?!

PSA: You should ALWAYS tell your doctor what caused your disease, not matter how embarrassing it could be. It might be the key to save your life. Also, don't put flaccid cocks in plastic bottle and expect a great pleasure to come out of it. That's all.

nurse.jpg
Still, you need to keep your body healthy so some exercise would do you good.
nurse.jpg
We have physical therapy and such available as I said, but I don't think you really need such heavy measures.
nurse.jpg
Just get some light exercise regularly.

ED: Hand jobs would be sufficient.

nurse.jpg
Brisk walks, or even light jogging, jumping rope, that sort of thing. Swimming, maybe? There's a pool there.
me.jpg
So I was told.
nurse.jpg
You were? Very good.
nurse.jpg
At any rate, and I'm sure you've been told this before, you just need to take care not to overexert yourself.

He wags his finger to emphasize the point. No need really, I've heard this a thousand times already,

nurse.jpg
Absolutely no unnecessary risks. Take care of yourself.

ED: No sex?

me.jpg
Okay.

He goes over my papers one more time and sets them on the desk, obviously content.

nurse.jpg
Good, that's it, then. Come meet me if you ever need something.

I'm ushered out before I even realize it. A quick visit, indeed.

12.jpg

It's the first real look I get at the other students, so I watch people coming out of the school, going towards the gates or the dorms.

Everyone seems to know where they are going.

ED: .....This is...just inane.

And I still keep thinking that most of them don't look too special for being students at a special school. Then again, neither do I.

Does that make me one of them?

FUS

One of us?

ROH

DAH!

I should go somewhere too, to prevent me from getting lost.

It's around dinner time, but I feel tired instead of hungry.

The weariness in me only grows as I trudged towards the dorms, set a little way apart from the main building complex.

13.jpg

It dawns on my tired mind that the smell feels novel because I haven't been outside at all for so long.

14.jpg

15.jpg

ED: My god, visual novels are so descriptive. I wonder if I should read more. Or try to narrate my own experience of using a toilet. Would make for some interesting reads.

me.jpg
Room one-one-nine.

ED: If you reverse...it's... :tinfoilhat:

Despite the ornate exterior, the inside of the dorm is fairly new, functional, and boring.

Just like in the main building, the halls and the doors are wide to accommodate wheelchairs. the same goes for the elevators at the end of the hallways.

ED: Hopefully the elevator doors are strong enough to withstand the fury of a wheelchair bound Korean. God bless his soul.

I poke my head around the corner of the common room.

Inside, a few students are watching the TV.

One nods and gives a quick "hello" before turning back to the TV.

Seems that only the girls around here are sociable. I suppose that's perfectly fine with me.

I climb the stairs to the upper floor.

16.jpg

Each of these minor halls seems to have a toilet and shower, as well as four rooms.

About halfway down the hall, I spy room 119.

The name plates of the rooms adjacent to mine are blank. I guess there are just two of us here.

Light shines from below the door of room 117, so I knock lightly.

me.jpg
Hello, is anyone home?

FUS

From inside, I hear a few movements, then the cliicking of way more locks than I thought these doors had. After a few moments, the door squeaks open.

17.jpg

kenji.jpg
Who is it?

Blind? No, at least not completely, why would he have eyeglasses if he was?

ROH!

18.jpg

DAH!

me.jpg
Hisao Nakai...I'm moving into the next room. I thought I should introduce my...

His face suddenly brightens in realization, and he stands back upright, thrusting his hand out in a smiling greeting, almost straight to my diaphragm.

ken.jpg
Oh, 'sup dude? The name's Kenji.
me.jpg
Ah, hi.

I take Kenji's sweaty hand and shake it, still a little rattled by the sudden change of attitude and vehement welcome.

ken.jpg
There were some suspicious-looking people going in and out of your room earlier.
me.jpg
It was probably my parents.
ken.jpg
Your parents? You sure? 'Cause they could've been some other people, too. You can't judge a book by its cover.

ED: The fuck? This guy must be suffering from some paranoid disorder.

His out-of-place proverb is left hanging between us awkwardly as I try to think of some way to respond.

me.jpg
I'd say the chances are high enough.

He shudders and makes some exaggerated hand gestures.

ken.jpg
You're a brave man, Hisao.
ken.jpg
Me, I don't think I could trust the chances.
ken.jpg
The only one I trust is myself.
me.jpg
Does that mean I shouldn't get to know you, either?

ED: Real smooth, pal. I can't wait for the cyanide pill he slips into your water in the morning.

He thinks about this for a while.

ken.jpg
A wise decision.
ken.jpg
Damn you are smarter than you look.
ken.jpg
Probably.
ken.jpg
What do you look like? I hope not smart.

ED: I got nuttin'.

19.jpg

ken2.jpg
Never mind, it doesn't matter.

With that, he turns, fumbles around for a moment in search of the door handle, and shuts the door behind him.

I slide the key into the lock of the door marked 119.

20.jpg

It's no one's room; impersonal, like my hospital room was.

My bags are sitting at the foot of my bed, looking a lot emptier than they did this morning.

The closet is sitting open, stocked with my clothes.

Also, it seems that there are a number of school uniforms hanging there as well.

A note is pinned to the sleeve of one of the shirts.

21.jpg

ED: Aww, thanks, middle-aged man and woman! Now on to our adventure! How about we spank the monkey while thinking of the -

Well at least I don't have to worry about unpacking.

ED: You're so goddamn fun, Dovahkiin.

I kind of hoped I would have, then there would be something to do.

ED: WHY NOT WE DO-

It's still too early.

I put the note down on the desktop and lie down on the bed, feeling drained.

Lying there makes me want to read something, but I have nothing with me.

I wonder if the hospital conditioned me for wanting to read whenever I have nothing to do.

The restless urge just keeps growing until I have to stand up.

ED: It's ON!

Maybe it's stress or something.

ED: Gawd I haven't done it today as well. Just playing this game....FFuuuuuuuuus!

I was pretty nervous about it before coming and for the entire day today too. I still am, I think.

Damn, I have to distract myself somehow, so I won't be this unnatural all the time.

Tomorrow, I'll go borrow some books from the library.

Yeah, I'll do that.

But for now....

ED: Are we? Doing it? Now?

22.jpg

I pick one and shake it just to hear the contents rattle inside, and then read the glued-on pharmacy label.

23.jpg

ED: OH!

It doesn't really say that, but it could just as well.

It's kinda twisted, having your life depend on chemicals like this. I resent it a little, but what choice do I have?

With a sign, I begin my new daily ritual taking the right number of pills from each bottle, being careful to check the correct dosage.

I lie down again, feeling hollow and uncertain, and after that I keep staring at the blank, unfamiliar ceiling for a long time.

ED: Can I just sleep then? Fuck's sake it's midnight and you won't even do anything interesting!

24.jpg

The sheets feel slightly more comfortable, warm and nest-like against the chill that passes for room temperature here.

Soon the lighter shade of darkness that is the ceiling looks like every ceiling does at night, and it becomes the only thing I recognize anymore.

ED: The inanity.....*holds head* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The night beckons me to sleep, and I feel the coldness of unfamiliarity and fear creeping up my spine once again.

I keep drfiting further away from the world I knew.

25.jpg

guardian.png
Yes, rest, Avatar, so that you may restore your strength to face the challenges before you. Pleasant...dreams.

26.jpg

DAH!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I added it in myself. FU FU FU FU FU FU :smug:

JUST. AS. PLANNED.

TZEENTCH CAN YOU HEAR ME NAO?!

IAMSLEEPING! TAKE ME! TAKE MEEEEEE!

Exactly. Poor bastard. What did they do to you? :(

spekkio

Arcane
Ehem.
Maybe some mod should report RK47's case to his local medical authorities?
I'm starting to worry about the guy...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Shit, I gotta...I can't hold it in...argh...

We accept her, one of us. ONE OF US, ONE OF US, WE ACCEPT HER WE ACCEPT HER. Gooble-gobble-gooble-gobble.

ED: My guess is that she's mentally retarded. Or she is the bastard child of Sengoku Rance. Or both.

Ahahaha.

Ok, I'll admit the writing doesn't seem too bad, but there's no way this game isn't a trainwreck.

Yet if anyone'll make it work, it's RK47. You're a mommafucking genius, dude. Roll with it. :brofist:

ED: WHY NOT WE DO-

It's still too early.

I lolled.

PS: a male nurse? In a porno? That shit's just wrong.

Repressed Homosexual
I wonder where all the college pictures are coming from.

Did they just get some Japanese guy to sneak into a random college and take them without being noticed?

I don't think any college would mind. Apparently the pics don't even include people (save for the guy in yellow jacket at the front door, but he's far away).

About the male nurse, I'm wondering if he takes advantage of the girls. Though if the game is at least pretending to have a shred of seriousness, during exams the girls are taken care of by one of the females on his staff ("There's always someone from my staff around, even at night, so never hesitate to call us if there is a problem.")

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Why is it that protagonists are never hungry in these games? Also, I don't buy him having life-threatening arrhythmia and no one knowing about it in the slightest.

Over-realistic nitpicking aside, I shall be following this thread and weeping for your sanity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom