Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingcomrade Best Games of 2014 Thread Thread

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Gud list men. You should definitely check out Shovel Knight and Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes for games from 2014. As a fellow Rising-fag I think you would enjoy these titles.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why exactly you posted essentially the same thing 4 times. It's none of business, of course, I'm just confused.

As for the list, I haven't played any of the games you mentioned at a considerable length so I can't really judge.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
edit- Had to remove the first bit. The thing is, I know exactly what is going on in the head of the retarded mod who is moving my threads. In his mind, he's doing a good service, fucking lel. Perople are uselessas fuck and it never ends.
Anyways, the list is limited to what I actually played blah blah

Valiant Hearts (artsy fartsy but fun and good)
This War Of Mine (A very good game. It's subject matter is a bit...like, they melodramatize the idea of morality in a situation like that, in reality most people aren't actually assholes no matter what the edgy teenagers like to believe, but the best thing was that there were mechanical consequences for being an asshole which require you to deal with, THAT is what games can do if we go down the games-are-art avenue, it's what they have to offer)
Stanley Parable (I played it in 2014, suck my balls, but I love the game, it's a meta-game about games without being up its own asshole and it's funny)
Talos Princple (This game certainly is a bit up it's own ass, but it's still a great production and I enjoyed all the time I spent with it, I think it was a good idea the company that made it did well, and was a good idea)
Binding of Isaac Rebirth (I love the game, it's a matter of taste about how you like games like this, but honestly even though Ih ave 20 games I have on Steam and Origin that need to be played, I keep going back to Rebirth just because it's engaging, I'm also one of the few people who isn't turbo-butthurt about the new soundtrack, I like it)

Bayonetta 2 (I finally played this game because during my Christmas vacatiion my family bought a Wii U so we could play Mario Kart 8 together, and I got this because I desperately wanted to play it since Platinum made the best game ever made MGR: Revengeance, and it was honestly pretty great. It's actually pretty fucking hard, you can win even if you're bad like me, but if you care you can learn to be better, I can see clearly how that happens. It's so fun. However, the dialogue and story bits are painful to watch, just skip them.)

Mario Kart 8 (of course, every mario kart game is always good)

Transistor (Yeah it's not as good as Bastion, but it's still pretty great)

FTL: Advanced Edition (Except for the final boss, FTL is always fun to play)

Prison Architect (Surprisingly enjoyable city-builder sort of game, I actually found myself spending a ton of time playing it recently, it's like Startopia or Theme Hospital in the way it works)

Wolfentstein New Order

The best game of 2014:
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (It's the best game of every year. No game will ever top it, so as long as I am on this forum I will claim it's the best game of that year)

Worst Game of 2014:
Planetary Annihilation (fuck the people who made this. This is the one early access swindle I fell for in my whole life. Other people want to try and say it's not so bad, just not very good, but I think it's a poorly designed piece of shit, they did a terrible job and fuck them for taking a dump on Total Annihilation. Never again)

I have other games I've bought but not played yet, actually kind of a large backlog now. Having a real job sucks in that way, you don't get to play games all day

Last edited:

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The mod who has such bad judgment, PM me, i will explain that you are not actually doing anything valuable to anyone. I genuinely hope you do.

I thought I posted this a few days ago, I log in and apparently I just closed my browser without pressing submit, or something. edit- nope, not a moron, the moron is the mod who just pasted my new thread into an old thread. Good job, moron, you added negative value to the forum. What mental processes lead to bad decisions? Only Codex mods can answer.

Anyways, the list is limited to what I actually played blah blah

Valiant Hearts (artsy fartsy but fun and good)
This War Of Mine (A very good game. It's subject matter is a bit...like, they melodramatize the idea of morality in a situation like that, in reality most people aren't actually assholes no matter what the edgy teenagers like to believe, but the best thing was that there were mechanical consequences for being an asshole which require you to deal with, THAT is what games can do if we go down the games-are-art avenue, it's what they have to offer)
Stanley Parable (I played it in 2014, suck my balls, but I love the game, it's a meta-game about games without being up its own asshole and it's funny)
Talos Princple (This game certainly is a bit up it's own ass, but it's still a great production and I enjoyed all the time I spent with it, I think it was a good idea the company that made it did well, and was a good idea)
Binding of Isaac Rebirth (I love the game, it's a maaatter of taste about how you like games like this, but honestly even though Ih ave 20 games I have on Steam and Origin that need to be played, I keep going back to Rebirth just because it's engaging, I'm also one of the few people who isn't turbo-butthurt about the new soundtrack, I like it)

Bayonetta 2 (I finally played this game because during my Christmas vacatiion my family bought a Wii U so we could play Mario Kart 8 together, and I got this because I desperately wanted to play it since Platinum made the best game ever made MGR: Revengeance, and it was honestly pretty great. It's actually pretty fucking hard, you can win even if you're bad like me, but if you care you can learn to be better, I can see clearly how that happens. It's so fun. However, the dialogue and story bits are painful to watch, just skip them.)

Mario Kart 8 (of course, every mario kart game is always good)

Transistor (Yeah it's not as good as Bastion, but it's still pretty great)

FTL: Advanced Edition (Except for the final boss, FTL is always fun to play)

Prison Architect (Surprisingly enjoyable city-builder sort of game, I actually found myself spending a ton of time playing it recently, it's like Startopia or Theme Hospital in the way it works)

Wolfentstein New Order

The best game of 2014:
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (It's the best game of every year. No game will ever top it, so as long as I am on this forum I will claim it's the best game of that year)

Worst Game of 2014:
Planetary Annihilation (fuck the people who made this. This is the one early access swindle I fell for in my whole life. Other people want to try and say it's not so bad, just not very good, but I think it's a poorly designed piece of shit, they did a terrible job and fuck them for taking a dump on Total Annihilation. Never again)

I have other games I've bought but not played yet, actually kind of a large backlog now. Having a real job sucks in that way, you don't get to play games all day

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Even thought i played a lot of BOI:Rebirth i wouldn't vote for it, because theres nothing new about it, it's the same game with better graphics/fps
I really don't know on this one, all choices given me seems shity, maybe im starting to get saturated by games.

On second hand, i freaking loved Shovel Knight, did it came out this year? I don't remember.

1f27737fd79bdcb48ac1fdbaedfc5a5c39f68b70_full.jpg

Since it will take some time until the ban command makes its way to Brazil through the intertubes, I will use those last moments to post an old piece of mine denouncing the unbearably corrupt leading chaste of this noble cybertown

fmYiFI.jpg

Farage

Arcane
Patron
where the fuck is the other thread?
also, Shovel Knight gets my GOTY, i guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom