Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Bounty:TL on GOG - WTF?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2008, lol, old, graphix sux im not gunna play thiz

Define 'old', because for many people 1 year old game is 'old'.

relootz

Scholar
King's Bounty : The legend is a great game, however it is turnbased strategy.

Post in the right forum, thanks.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
no itz erpeegee becus it haz statz.

Well, it's more rpg than ME at least

CrimHead

Scholar
this shit is getting ridiculous

and by this shit I mean drog's alts

seriously dude pick a username

Dny

Educated
GOG's business is in selling shitty games masquerading as "good" because they're "old" games. They got some gems, like Fallout, Jagged Alliance and Arcanum but most of the stuff they sell suck huge cocks. They even got FAR CRAP FFS. That's not old, that's just crap.

Bruticis

Donkey Balls said:
A 2008 game is now a "good old game"?

They should just rename their business to something more sensible.

You just zeroed in on this now but not when they tossed up Two Worlds? Or was that fact that Two Worlds was released in 2007 OK to slap the GOG tag on it? I'd argue that at least Kings Bounty is "good". None of the above even apply to Two Worlds.

Silellak

Cipher
CrimHead said:
this shit is getting ridiculous

and by this shit I mean drog's alts

seriously dude pick a username
Better idea: one of the site admins should arrange it so that if anyone creates a new forum account from Drog's IP address, they are given a custom title. Hell, the Codex could even vote on the title!

Problem solved to everyone's great amusement.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Bruticis said:
Donkey Balls said:
A 2008 game is now a "good old game"?

They should just rename their business to something more sensible.

You just zeroed in on this now but not when they tossed up Two Worlds? Or was that fact that Two Worlds was released in 2007 OK to slap the GOG tag on it? I'd argue that at least Kings Bounty is "good". None of the above even apply to Two Worlds.

WTF are you talking about? Two Worlds is fucking awesome if you like (unintentional) comedy in your arrpeegees :wink:

Also, like everything else, the definition of 'old' in the video game...er game, is left to user interpretation. Some kiddies won't even consider playing games more than 12-18 mths old.

1eyedking

Erudite
relootz said:
King's Bounty : The legend is a great game
riso4ielt5.gif
riso4ielt5.gif
riso4ielt5.gif
riso4ielt5.gif
riso4ielt5.gif

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I liked King's Bounty pretty much. Even more than the addon (which IMHO was just too linear due to the hard difficulty).

And two Worlds I never liked that much, but for 10$ with both addons included? Hooray!

They are both definitely not old games. But who cares as long as you get some fun without DRM for a low budget.

relootz

Scholar
I guess that summarizes the current state of discussion on on the codex.

1eyedking

Erudite
What's there to discuss? With HoMM III having happened, King's Bounty's existence is trivial by comparison.

relootz

Scholar
It can still be a great game even though others are more strategically challenging.

The game is addictive and fun, which happens to be the ultimate goal for any game for me. (fun)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom