Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of Light - historical action-RPG set in 7th century Iraq - now available on Early Access

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anything else is unknown to your average consumers. An indie dev need to consider consumer's level of interest.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FFSUHDFOH UFOJBL FUHK OJJOGHGLL:RWGWKÖM;ÄM_ÖSgäs

For a second here I thought my prediction was wrong, then they showed the combat. In that moment I realised it was time to double and triple down that this game will be terrible.

>bargain bin dynasty warrior with a mix of awful assassins creed combat
>hulk smash, but in red and it pauses enemies attacking
>enemies take turns attacking
>most of the enemies in the video are ignoring the player attacking and just walking past
>enemies stop so you can hack away at them

source.gif

From the gameplay to the feel of it, the devs seem to want an Egyptian Dynasty Warrior, yet it's without anything egyptian, more like. Okay, more like Ottoman Dynasty Warrior.

The problem is, DW series has the support of billions of Chinese along with asian players. If making one, the dev know the size of potential customer base as well as actual paying audience.

Eyptian? Not so much. Ottoman? Again, not so much. That period is something of a niche even among historical-orient audience. Kinda like Holy Roman Empire.
----
That aside, they are making a critical mistake when intending a Dynasty Warrior-theme game:

A zero presence of female characters. lack of tits and asses.

Sure, it might be historical accurate. Maybe. But the actual effect is that a DW game without female curves~ And we all know what a DW game without females is like: aka boring shit.

Historically accurate? First of all, I did not see ANY big tittie jailbait slave harem.

I also did not see any clashes between Sasanians and Muslims, in the 7th century Iraq was a battlefield between Muslims and Sasanians. Everyone is dressed the same, only difference between enemies is the color of their tunic. I didn't see any Zoroastrianism shit in any of the trailers, nor war elephants - both are disappointing. Most of Sasanian army were spearmen, but for some reason most of the weapons are straight swords/ knight’s sword. To top that off, they're swords with round pommels instead of egyptian falchions/leafshaped. This matters because straight swords didn't come around until the 8th century and round pommels only in 9th centure. Assuming they went for knight’s swords, that's even dumber since those came around in the 14th century. None of the armors shown really match Sasanian armor nor Rashidun armor.

The historical accuracy is a buzzword. It's supposed to be 7th century Iraq during the muslim conquest. I wouldn't have guessed unless I had read their shitty pitch, this threads title and the video description.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom