Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kotick still pimping. 25 dollah horsie.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If any of my pals who play WoW buys this, I'm going to bury myself alive.

Hory

Erudite
25$ for a model... which doesn't even have a texture on most of its surface. :lol:

Joghurt

Augur
You know I actually respect Blizzard (or whoever came up with the idea) for this thing. I mean $500,000 an hour is impressive. What is more impressive is the fact that the money was made with little or no effort. I mean come on...

entertainer

Arbiter
Joghurt said:
You know I actually respect Blizzard (or whoever came up with the idea) for this thing. I mean $500,000 an hour is impressive. What is more impressive is the fact that the money was made with little or no effort. I mean come on...

The sad thing is the people that bought this for 25$

Joghurt

Augur
entertainer said:
Joghurt said:

That's not sad. That's the beauty of it. That just proves there are millions of dumbfucks who will pay for any crap. Just gotta come up with something that the sheeple will pay for when I finish college. :)

Mortmal

Arcane
Really respect to be able to make that much money without any effort at all. 25$ for a spiderweb game or kotc ? no way man too expensive, pay 50$ for a game , no way we will just not remove it from an inventory as you say proudly , but then they come in drove to buy a wow mount...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Zed said:
You're clearly the type of person Blizzard catered for with the expansions. WoW is (was?) a fucking kids' game. We were kids playing it. We were up to 4AM most days, barely had any school cuz we were (most of us) on last term in high school (swedish equivalent). Then the game got popular, got new types of players and Workin' Joe and Family wanted in on the super popular game and Workin' Joe thought "why are all these little non-employed virgin 13-yearolds more powerful than me what is this shit I'll have you know I work 8-9 and got kids and I DEMAND AS A PAYING CUSTOMER THAT BLIZZARD GIVE ME STUFF WITHOUT ME PUTTING ANY EFFORT INTO IT because this is just a fucking GAME and I'll have you know!!!"

I just played the game because I enjoyed it not because I derived some sense of accomplishment from it. The only 'effort' required of WoW either then or now is simply time.

I think we can all agree that just playing MMOGs is pretty pathetic so I don't see why you even jumped onto that subject.

Actually I don't agree with that at all. I find it hilarious lots of people here find it necessary to denounce certain types of games when they just play another type of game. I don't see why a guy who plays an MMO is inferior to some guy who replays Fallout forty-eight times, often one-handed while he jerks off in the other. WoW is a fun game that has its flaws and I don't feel the urge to bash it to join the club and cash in some Kodex Kool Kids points.

Secretninja

Cipher
Wyrmlord said:
Two million dollars in four hours.

Twelve million dollars per unit of day.

4.38 billion dollars per annum, earned in four hours.

The yearly rate is completely irrelevant.

Simply wait at this page - do not close or refresh your browser

estimated time: 5 hours

Once you reach the checkout, you will have 15 minutes to complete your transaction

crying%20child.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
i rather spend 25 bucks on a boxed copy of Daggerfall or Wizardry 7 then a fucking horse you can only use on the internet.

Arcanoix

Scholar
entertainer said:
Joghurt said:

Wrong. It's the fact that someone that sad works for a company and that company gets a tax break for hiring someone so fucking retarded.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
So this is what 2 minutes with a texture program or whatever game artists use can do ...damn, but that IS pretty fucking impressive. Whoever thought of that, must have gotten a hell of a raise. :respect:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I gotta say, I really admire the business program over at Activision. Bob Koteck has really managed to find a great way to make cash for the company.

Paperclip

Liturgist
Actually many Asian MMOs have been like this for a long long time.

It's not that the players are "stupid" either, when you think that the majority of people love fashion. There's a more fitting word for it, what's it called?

Joghurt

Augur
Paperclip said:
Actually many Asian MMOs have been like this for a long long time.

It's not that the players are "stupid" either, when you think that the majority of people love fashion. There's a more fitting word for it, what's it called?

People don't stand in huge queues to buy the same same dress/pants/shirt because that would be stupid. Fashion is all about wearing something that nobody else has so that you are unique.

1eyedking

Erudite
Joghurt said:
People don't stand in huge queues to buy the same same dress/pants/shirt because that would be stupid. Fashion is all about wearing something that nobody else has so that you are unique.
Peasant1.jpg

was born yesterday.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom