Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KotOR 2 is one of the best games ever made

Lumpy

Arcane
Kreia has hot buttsecks with her father. It's said right there in the game, you just have to know where to look.

Binary

Liturgist
Darth Roxor said:
Binary said:
This is definitely more of an RPG than PST, since at least the stats have some influence in the game :-P

Did we play the same game? In PST if you didn't have enough constitution you couldn't even exchange your eye for the real one in the Smoldering Corpse among many other things.

Worst. Justification. Ever.

If that's what you thing statistics are good for, you FAIL at RPGs

snowballdemon

Novice
So I guess constitution should only refer to the amount of head trauma a character can suffer and NEVER AFFECT ANYTHING OTHER IN THE GAME WHATSOEVER LULZ. You sir are a dimwit.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Binary said:
Darth Roxor said:
Binary said:
This is definitely more of an RPG than PST, since at least the stats have some influence in the game :-P

Did we play the same game? In PST if you didn't have enough constitution you couldn't even exchange your eye for the real one in the Smoldering Corpse among many other things.

trolling?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
Jasede said:
HK - a comedy character who Avellone turned into an actual believable creature - much to the ire of Kotor 1 fans.
You know what's funny? David Gaider who created HK-47 didn't particularly think much of his character and was surprised by how popular he became.

when your entire party consists of walking stereotypes/recycled characters from previous Bio games - somebody like sadistic HK-47 will feel like heavan

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Quote Skyway Evermore: "BIo sucks; but I still play and buy their games forever 'cause my real name is Visceris!"

R00fles!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, that's the same thing you said after NWN. L0LLIGAGZ!

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
skyway you have been here less time than i yet you have three times the posts

:increases spammage considerably:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
he's trying very hard to fit in.
I don't know why people would go so far to climb the internet mountain and declare their hate / love for something and get surprised when someone disagrees or just tell them to stfu cause they're too loud.

DemonKing

Arcane
It was ok but I prefered the original...at least Bioware were allowed to finish their game before it was released.

Also KOTOR2 copies the same format as the original - just replace the STAR MAP with the JEDI MASTERS and the structure of the game is almost identical.

Kreia was great, but a lot of the other recruitable NPCs had little or no personality in comparison to those available in the first KOTOR. There was one guy I picked up (Barodur?) who must have had a half-dozen lines of dialog throughout the whole game! At least HK-47 made it back...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
DemonKing said:
It was ok but I prefered the original...at least Bioware were allowed to finish their game before it was released.

Also KOTOR2 copies the same format as the original - just replace the STAR MAP with the JEDI MASTERS and the structure of the game is almost identical.

Kreia was great, but a lot of the other recruitable NPCs had little or no personality in comparison to those available in the first KOTOR. There was one guy I picked up (Barodur?) who must have had a half-dozen lines of dialog throughout the whole game! At least HK-47 made it back...
KOTOR2 is nothing like the original KOTOR. Everything from the story to the writing style to the characters are completely different between the two games.

KOTOR2 is unfinished. We've covered that in this thread. It's hard to see how great the game is until you know what's missing.

What's similar about the plot of the two games? That you have an objective? You might as well argue that Super Mario 64 has basically the same plot as KOTOR, just replace STAR MAP with STARS!

It's hard to care about Bao-dur, sure. I think it's mostly because his influence dialog is really hard to get, and some other stuff about him was cut; this is especially obvious at the end, where he was supposed to play an important role IIRC.

Relayer71

Liturgist
While I agree both stories are different and the writing and quests are better in Kotor 2, both games still feel the same due to the overall structure. Why have the same "planet hopping" sequence?

In the first game it annoyed me that you get to five or six planets and in each one you just see a tiny portion - and much worse most of it takes place indoors. It didn't have to be a sandbox game with the huge environments of Morrowind but even with the amount of "planets" you visit the game feels small and the environements too artificial. It uses the Star Wars license but did it have to feel exactly like the films?

What they should have done for KoTor2 was have it take place in ONE really large city with indoor and outdoor sections and then have a few quests take you to two or three smaller locales. Instead of scenery variety they could have focused on character variety (no fat or short people in this universe??) and seperate branching main quest lines/endings for both Light and Dark side.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Binary said:
Darth Roxor said:
Binary said:

Well then, please take pity on the thick and tell us why you don't think that stats have any influence in Torment.

MetalCraze

Arcane
stats influence the whole ending of PST damn it and the integrity of the storyline depends on every single one of them

It didn't have to be a sandbox game with the huge environments of Morrowind but even with the amount of "planets" you visit the game feels small and the environements too artificial.
yes

What they should have done for KoTor2 was have it take place in ONE really large city with indoor and outdoor sections and then have a few quests take you to two or three smaller locales.
no
having many planets is a good thing but they need more territory and more variety instead of a 200mx200m copy-pasta. but KotORs are Xbawks games and thanks to 256 mbs RAM limitation and a poor geforce4 level gpu you have what you have.

Lumpy

Arcane
Okay, can anyone explain to me why the fuck I have to only have 2 followers active while the other floats in some kind of parallel dimension for me to summon them when I want to?
This was especially silly on the Telos portion where you have Bao-Dur. I chose Kreia and Bao-Dur, but Atton somehow also appeared at the final destination.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
OccupatedVoid said:
In the time of Star Wars, morbidly obese people have been weeded out by natural selection.

The Hutts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom