Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Last Dream

Delterius

Arcane
Aren't most JRPGs centered around a blob (like the pokémon trainer as opposed to crono from chrono trigger)?:troll:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
don't make me slap you.
anyhoo i'm serious. there's a first person grid based dungeons script and map editor for rmxp and its been out for like 4 years now and ported to ace as well... so where the fuck are all the blobbers?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
:necro:

I'm playing this atm and honestly I'm having a blast. It's definitely one of the best RPGMaker games I've played and a really fun jrpg in itself. The character customization is incredibly fun and rewarding and the game offers enough exploration to satisfy. It's balanced pretty well so far on normal, although I can see how someone who is inexperienced might screw up their character builds completely. Personally I love the idea of creating your whole party yourself altho that means that your characters don't have any kind of backstory to themselves of course - aside for your party leader.

Story seems to be quite clichéd but the game system itself makes up for it. Puzzles range from "LOL THIS IS A PUZZLE?!" to "ok took me 2 minutes" so far, so not very difficult. It spices the game up a bit tho. The only thing that is a bit annoying are the constant runs out of the dungeon to go to town for resting - but since I'm a notorious grinder it's not too much of a problem for me. Oh and I cannot imagine playing the game without a white mage even tho the game offers this option.

It's really well polished and there's a ton of stuff to do, as I said it's one of the best RPGMaker games out there. Heavily recommended, at least in a bundle or on sale.

Yeah I totally screwed my character build and felt betrayed and never played more. Definitely was a fun time though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom