Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let us languish in Sanitarium (completed)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

lightbane

Arcane
lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

:salute: :salute: Awesome game, a shame that these type of mindfuck games nearly do not exist anymore on the current gaming market...

PS: What was "Evil Morgan" supposed to be here? Max's wild, souped-up Id or something?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Congratulations are in order, BN. :salute:

lightbane said:
PS: What was "Evil Morgan" supposed to be here? Max's wild, souped-up Id or something?
It was probably the side of him that wanted to give up.

I kind of figured this game would end on some surprise note. Like the entire game is Max' mind as he is going into shock and dying, this being an insane "life flashing before his eyes" or something. This is kinda...eh.
I agree. I also hoped for some even more mindfuck in the end, but I'm guessing that the developers went for the happy end in order to balance a bit all this desperation that was accumulating during the game.

On the other hand "I have no mouth and I must scream" offers no such release. I propose it for your next LP (you know you're hooked now)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
ghostdog said:
On the other hand "I have no mouth and I must scream" offers no such release. I propose it for your next LP (you know you're hooked now)

Hooked on Monkeyphonics!

I...dunno.

taplonaplo said:
Thanks for the LP! If only it didn't take a 0.5year brake.

I know. Sorry :(

ironyuri

:salute:

I played/finished this for the first time last year when I was down for a month with swine flu; reading your LP brought back some good memories of the game.

Thanks, Brother None!

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ghostdog said:
Congratulations are in order, BN. :salute:

lightbane said:
It was probably the side of him that wanted to give up.

I kind of figured this game would end on some surprise note. Like the entire game is Max' mind as he is going into shock and dying, this being an insane "life flashing before his eyes" or something. This is kinda...eh.
I agree. I also hoped for some even more mindfuck in the end, but I'm guessing that the developers went for the happy end in order to balance a bit all this desperation that was accumulating during the game.

I was thinking of "I have no mouth..." isn't there a very hard to get happy ending?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
LusciousPear said:
I was thinking of "I have no mouth..." isn't there a very hard to get happy ending?

Hmm, I think there was a really hard way to get a semi-happy ending to the story of a couple of the protagonists, but an actual happy ending, I don't think so.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The gauntlet tests also represent chapters in the game. There's the children from , below is a clown from, and we shall later see the chapters and make an appearance.

wat

Nice LP, though. And I mean for the game choice because I haven't really followed it as I want to replay this game for the third time at some point.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
FeelTheRads said:
The gauntlet tests also represent chapters in the game. There's the children from , below is a clown from, and we shall later see the chapters and make an appearance.
wat

Is what happens when you draft up stuff off-line and forget to fix it all when you finish it up online. Fixed.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
root said:
yeah there is and it's profoundly retarded, they de-aktivate AM and go live on the moon or some shit like that.

They don't 'go live' on the moon, but it's revealed that a human colony has managed to survive there.

I always wanted to play through I have no mouth and I must scream again... Good old Nimdok.

Hmm? Oh right! Congratulations on completing this LP, Sister nun. :love:

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I should just put an s3 account up and buy codexbucket.com for all your LP hosting needs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom