Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's demote some moderators

I would demote...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Well, jRPG posting happen so rarely there that it doesn't bother anyone, and a proper jRPG forum would be empty, but here we have way more desu content, so having a special jRPG subforum is nice to everyone; keeps gRPG clean of weaboo shtuffies and jRPG threads get less butthut posts about decline and baka gaijins. People that wan't to remove jRPG sub-forum have no idea how a dumb move that is...

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, jRPG posting happen so rarely there that it doesn't bother anyone, and a proper jRPG forum would be empty, but here we have way more desu content, so having a special jRPG subforum is nice to everyone; keeps gRPG clean of weaboo shtuffies and jRPG threads get less butthut posts about decline and baka gaijins. People that wan't to remove jRPG sub-forum have no idea how a dumb move that is...
Well, they obviously want to remove the subforum AND ban all jap related talk everywhere else. No spill over that way.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
I have no problems with how anything is being moderated. However, the question was about budget cuts, so I voted for everything in the General Discussion, Politics, Science, and the Public Library. Then you'll save money and can spread out responsibilities if your moderators are too overworked.

Jaesun would be hard to replace as he's spent a lot of time playing RPGs from the 80s to the modern years. I don't know who else you could get to run your most important forum, The Computer RPG forum, but he or she would have to have a lot of CRPG experience, time and patience. I wouldn't want to deal with a moderator who doesn't know crap about the topic.
As Jaesun already proved with excessive moderation(of irrelevant things), personal bias and just plain incompetence, being a conoisseur of old rpgs does not make you a competent moderator. Maybe it would be a win-win situation if he actually spend more time discussing the RPGs of oldies rather than moderating 4 forum sections.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As Jaesun already proved with excessive moderation(of irrelevant things), personal bias and just plain incompetence, being a conoisseur of old rpgs does not make you a competent moderator. Maybe it would be a win-win situation if he actually spend more time discussing the RPGs of oldies rather than moderating 4 forum sections.
Did he send one of your oh so precious tangents on a quick trip to /gd/-land?

Mantiis

Cipher
I am still bitter over DefJam101 becoming a mod instead of me. That was 3 years ago.

Back to lurking.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Hooo boy, how could I have missed this baby of a thread? Tiiiiime for some D-R-A-M-A, 'dexin style!

First, Jaesun gets unnecessary flack. Yes he's a fag, but he doesn't seem to be in on the gay agenda aka the zionist neo-marxit liberal rothschild plot that is gripping the world today. (Or maybe he's really good at hiding it. Who knows. )

His choice in crpgs is A+, with only a few exceptions and IMO that is very important. A mod of the gaming section of these forums must be a fan of and have played the gems, preferably when they were first released and thus have witnessed the decline firsthand and thus be properly jaded with lots of supressed rage.

The only issue I and many others here had was with the thread merging's. I do believe if we make a private thread and involve Jaesun + an admin in it we can come to a solution. It MUST be a private thread though with select members, because a public thread will devolve into a toilet bowl with a broken flusher really fast. IMO the first and most important solution I would give is to merge Console Gaming with GRPGD. So then we just have GRPGD and JRPG discussion. This makes sense for a lot of reasons. If you cannot understand why, you really must be stupid and I don't want to waste time typing out why for you.

Bottom Line: Jaesun is a fine mod for the gaming forums and he should stay. His homosexual inclinations should not matter because he doesn't judge/merge threads based on his sexual leanings. Furthermore, most of the old gems were made in the Kwa by Kwans, so I think it is only fitting that a Kwan gets to mod the forums with those games.

:salute: to Jaesun the fine young lad who is also a good samaritan who helps little old ladies with their housework.

Regarding Crispy, I made a long post to him in his drama thread in GD, so go look it up there. Basically, Crispy is a BRO and should remain as mod and a codex regular. If all the chillax peeps with a sense of humor and great one liners/longer posts leave I don't wanna be left with ultra serious retarded dumbfuck morons who really don't get this place's sense of humor. DraQ I'm looking at you. The others know who they are.

Regarding moderation: We have a shit fuck ton of mods now. Now that's ok, if this place is getting more popular, what with the K-Starter surge and more mods makes things easier to handle for everyone in the background and ensures the site is there for me when I log on, GREAT. Have 100 more mods if that's what it takes, I really don't care. I also personally don't have any real problem with any of the mod staff here. I may not like the attitude one or two may have in general because I feel it is immature and too eager to please/go along with the general consensus rather than do what's right or be alpha and make their own decisions (not naming any names) but something like that can be changed behind the scenes by a gentle talking to.

However the main issue I see is as this: moderating this place has become serious fucking business lately. I don't get why. Was it due to the cops getting involved with some shit? I don't think so. Even if so, making GD private should solve most of those issues, as well as deleting obvious fucked up posts. (someone posting another users real name/address and saying they are going to go assault them now or some shit. Ofcourse, it is usually easy to tell when someone is just kidding and/or when someone is actually serious. Thankfully the last bit has never happened, save in that epic retardo sticky w.r.t. the plane tickets thread between two old old timers) Apart from that, mods here should the most chilled out ppl around. If you have a thin skin, you have no business being here TBH. You certainly have no business being a mod because your thin skin will influence your moderating duties and cause the site to become un-fun to the crowd it caters to.

Finally, I detect a lack of DIVERSITY among mods. We have a faGGot, we have a jew, we have a femen, but we have no pplz of color. We have noone from the east. A true son of Asia is needed to represent that huge mass of land, someone with a thick skin, and most importantly someone who has a firm grasp of the concept of butthurt due to numerous personal experiences. I am ofcourse, talking about the one and only Glyphwright . Making him mod of politix along with whoever is modding it now (@LundB and/or JarlFrank I think) would ensure both Asia AND Russia are represented among the mod staff, thus ensuring Codex fulfills the diversity quota for those two huge masses of lands.

Furthermore, I also suggest that Humanity has risen! for SCIENCE!! HHR has a vast knowledge of computers, internet security, vitamins and herbal remedies (we are supposed to be pro old school stuff right?), and also enjoys gaming. And if Crispy really is serious about not taking up the badge again, then Hobbit Lord of Mordor_ aka Sheek should take his place.

</end transmission> :salute:

p.s. hiver for Codex Library, so no one can ignore his posts in the GoT thread. :troll:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Deal, but FFS make the thread movings consistent.

No more Skyrims in cRPGs while Morrowind gets put in popamole Console RPGs. Pick one: you're gay, not bi.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Did he send one of your oh so precious tangents on a quick trip to /gd/-land?
Well, there is the thing, there is too much care about not so precious tangents that hardly derails a thread. In some cases it actually does the reverse. There was a lulzy article made by a retarded female about the new Tomb Raider i posted on BTE, and then some dumbfuck(bet 100 dorras that was Jaesun) move the article to the official game thread. I thought BTE was for lulzy things, but apparently is the reverse, the official game thread is the place for lulz while BTE is the place for seriouz business. There is also a lot of other examples already posted if you bother to check this thread, like the case of Meckenstein.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I am still bitter over DefJam101 becoming a mod instead of me. That was 3 years ago.

Back to lurking.

*insert token joke about something being the worst since Mantiis posted again*

EDIT: I see Kz3r0 beat me to it.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Wait, when did JarlFrank stop being a mod? Did he request himself to be removed or did some inviso-D-R-A-M-A happen behind the scenes? Is Ramona involved?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm above mere moderatorship and watch over these forums as a benevolent god, the counterpart to DU's reign of terror and lulz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom