Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's discover X-Com's fate in Superhuman TFTD - Update #52

And we send our mighty troopers to recover the crashed sub.

:smug: :salute: Yeah mighty troopers! :salute: :smug:

Alien takes a shot at Overweight Manatee II while he's waiting for action.
RIP Overweight Manatee

Ohh... fuck.

I would like to point out that my #2 is still alive.

xaydd.png

:smug:

Rushing the lobstermen with drills on open ground. The mark of a great commander. :salute:

As for the MC discussion, if you attempt a MC attack the enemy should have a chance you fuck your mind up as well since you initiated the attack. Real lovecraftian horror stuff. e.g., if you have an 80% chance to succeed you have a 20% chance to get MCed yourself. Even when you do succeed, you should suffer a large morale penalty dependent on how strong the enemy was, with the strongest enemies basically making all but your bravest soldiers shit their pants. You ARE opening your mind up to them, you gotta accept what they give back...

The remote guided waypoint operating missile of doom weapons should simply become a lot less accurate. Enough to rely on nothing more than shooting around a single 90 degree corner, any more turns and it has a high chance of being several squares off at any point.

Pope Amole

Educated
Ulminati said:
Wouldn't Pope Amole be better suited for a sniping role, so he can stick to chest-high walls and regenerate his health?

Uh, yeah, but with ranged weaponry you have to get in position and then to actually hit, while with a drill or a grenade it takes but one push of a button to make something awesome happen. But then, I guess that Pope can be a rocket sniper, which kinda combines both of those options...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pope Amole said:
Ulminati said:
Wouldn't Pope Amole be better suited for a sniping role, so he can stick to chest-high walls and regenerate his health?

Uh, yeah, but with ranged weaponry you have to get in position and then to actually hit, while with a drill or a grenade it takes but one push of a button to make something awesome happen. But then, I guess that Pope can be a rocket sniper, which kinda combines both of those options...

Next-gen aquanaut. Say no more :salute:

That was pretty close. Guess I better sign up Edward R Murrow III through Edward R Murrow XXXVII. Make em' drillers if you can, because that's even more suicidal than grenadier duty. Unless you get your hands on a Disruptor Pulse Launcher any time soon...that'd be fun.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
What the fuck? - I wish to be reborn in a tank as a machine spirit if possible. -

Black

Arcane
Holy shit, it's time to roll out the big guns with Black III (C) :rpgcodex:
This time my animu expertise will save me.

G-L_-_Giga_Drill_Breaker.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It also shoots Bee, halfway across the map. And throws a grenade that kills Black II who was with Storyfag in the sub. This isn't looking good.
RIP Bee :salute:, one of the most accurate rookie I've ever seen.

:rage:

I guess it's time for Bee II. :P

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Azira had 60 bravery.

Azira II had 40 bravery.

Azira III has 20 bravery.

Will we be seeing negative bravery stats anytime soon? Stay tuned and find out. :smug:

The fall in bravery makes sense though, if you imagine there's some kind of inherited memory down through the clone-line. :love:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
X-com operatives killed: 13.

There's 14 places in the Triton, right?

I'm dead, right?

... :(

GET THE FUCKING MEDKITS, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU :x

Roxorowski's second-line cousin, Roxorowicz volunteers for the Greater Good :salute:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Hate the Alien
Kill the Alien
Purify the Alien

Opowiesciozerca volunteers for duty to avenge his fallen elder brother Storyfag :salute: To honour his fallen brother, he will take up his chosen weapons: the grenade and the drill :salute:

Also, the mission was glorious in the best of TFTD tradition :love:

Black

Arcane
Anyone played UFO Extraterrestrials? I read that it tried to be like modern X-Com and looking at the gameplay it seems similar but I could use some hivemind opinions.

korenzel

Educated
Overweight Manatee said:
And we send our mighty troopers to recover the crashed sub.
I would like to point out that my #2 is still alive.
I'm sorry, it was #2 that was shot down on the first mission of update #6.

Lonely Vazdru said:
Damn, one wounded lobsterman cost you ten men. This game ain't fucking around.
One wounded lobsterman and very bad planning. I figured the wounds would be enough to make it miss and started rushing in melee. It wasn't as wounded as I thought, and reaction fire from the sonic pistol annihilated the assault squad. A grenade somehow killed Black II through the alien sub hull, and then the panic and berserk spiral did the rest. I have to admit I did not expect this lobsterman to hunt down every single panicked soldier, at one point I was half expecting it would show up by the Triton's doors.

Darth Roxor said:
There's 14 places in the Triton, right?

I'm dead, right?
No, you're still alive, but wounded and in the hospital for a month. I don't know why the end result page shows unconscious wounded soldiers as losses, but apart from eklektyk, both Darthowicz and Oscar survived with severe injuries.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Fuck yeah, medical leave, I'll jump into action right when we get ion armours :yeah:

Roxorowicz doesn't have to be drafted then... yet.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Black said:
Anyone played UFO Extraterrestrials? I read that it tried to be like modern X-Com and looking at the gameplay it seems similar but I could use some hivemind opinions.
I liked it but the B-Man mod is mandatory for a X-Com gameplay feel. It is now included in the "Gold" edition though.
As for the hivemind, since it's "only" a decent game and thus a far cry from the originals, most people here speak of it as if it was merely above shit level (think Fallout Tactics).

lightbane

Arcane
Haba said:
Okay, sign me up. Retirement sucks anyway.

16do8.jpg

Where the fuck is this from? Anyways, UFO: Extraterrestrials IMO is unfortunately pretty bad, even with the B-Mod, it's not the same feel as the original X-com. What's more, your soldiers have a greater survival rate than the usual, hell, even the starting weapons are somewhat good and accurate (like a shotgun that can work as a sniper rifle, WTF??). At least it's much better than the "After" series (the only good game of these is Afterlight).

dextermorgan

Arcane
Storyfag said:
Hate the Alien
Kill the Alien
Purify the Alien

Also, the mission was glorious in the best of TFTD tradition :love:

Everything the man said.

Also, dextermorgan's long lost son has reported in for duty with a burning desire to avenge his father (who for some reason had a blond pony tail and suspiciously wide hips) and wreak havoc on unsuspecting alien scum. Obviously, being an unimaginative sociopath dex named his son dextermorgan II.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom