Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's incline Russia in RUS with KKK

Who do we play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Sorry, only now I realized you were not playing the GC.

In the GC, the Siberians could definitely cooperate with Denikin. If they were to push to Tzaritsin the Reds caught in between could be easily defeated.
The difference is that the southern whites player has no influence on this, but you have, because you can directly attack the Saratov, and the Don/Volga isthmus.

But I also see the problem with this strategy. Effectively you would be playing in a support role for the Southern whites, meaning that you'd have to bear the brunt of the Red reinforcements coming from the North, while they can deal with the rest that's south of Tsaritsin. I also don't know what will happen when you link up the fronts, or the friendly AI moves through your territory. In the early versions it would often destroy my railway all the same, which was very annoying.

Ovg

Cipher
I didn't play GC because the balance is so bad reportedly, that no matter which side the player chooses, he still will beat AIs with no problems at all. All other scenarios are said to be more balanced, especially the short scenario.

Burning Bridges

I don't think there are river transports. Only railway in RUS. (btw. That's what made my tries to play AACW pathetic. I can't get myself to switch my strategy to civil war era fighting).

Not true. I just checked it an you can build riverine transports just fine, as well as destroyers and gunboats in Ufa.

In my opinion the keys to taking Moscow are the Kama river, Nishni Novgorod, and ultimately the complete Ekaterinburg - NN railway.

If I was you, I would try to build a transport fleet asap and use them to get control of the northern Kama bank (Kazan) quickly, as well as the railway from Ekaterinburg

Instead of scattering around the Volga, one could try to ignore the enemy south of Samara and use all forces there just to protect the offensive in the North.

Here, I have painted it for you:

Plan "сибирский аутобан"

In the first stage, secure the Kama and railroad to Kazan. This could imply moving your armored trains back to Ekaterinburg, instead of moving them to the front right away.

RUS 2012-05-25 11-56-50-31.jpg

Then in the second stage try to take control of Nishni Novgorod from the river, while simultaneously moving along the railway from Kazan.

RUS 2012-05-25 11-56-34-12.jpg

Once you have that excellent transport network and Nishni Novgorod as your supply depot and river base, you should be able to attack Moscow, for example from the North.

Ovg

Cipher
Update 2: Contact!
As soon as we started marching, first contact with the red hordes was made.

VdJgD.jpg
General Syrovy's forces pushed back enemy forces, which were trying to stop his advance at Chishmy. Unfortunately it was a costly victory. An entire Czech brigade was annihilated. But after all, reds loosing twice as many men is still a good result.

0mdmJ.jpg

3 days later, Ivanov-Rinov's corp meets a small Bolshevik force. Since they were vastly outnumbered, it seems like it was just a probing attack. Let's hope that the southern forces will be able to convince the Reds that they are the bigger threat.

FGaGX.jpg

Thanks to those victories, our armies can continue to advance towards their objectives. Soon they shall meet our mortal foe again.

No3UT.jpg

The northern front has actually seen a setback, even with our small victory. It seems like our advance there will be lagging behind other fronts. After all, we can't risk it attacking this stack right outside of Ekaterinburg. They might be able to beat us back and that would be disasterous. Also pictured: Red trolling.

dezq8.jpg

Removing Kebab might prove harder than anticipated. Red forces have infiltrated our lines, yet no combat took place. The high command is actually considering sending Alexeiev to kick some red ass out of Uralsk. Meanwhile, Dutov is advancing.

oavMd.jpg

The southern front is as Uneventful as it could be. No action took place apart from troop movement. Notice lots of greens. They are peasants unhappy with both reds and whites and all butthurt about it. We'll have to find a final solution for them, since they'll be a huge asspain as we go forward towards Moscow. I also don't like how reds aren't doing anything around that area. Could be a nasty surprise once we try to take Tashkent.

-----
Guys, any ideas on how to deal with those green bastards? I thought about specialized 3x cavalry and 1x horse artillery brigades to deal with them, but that would be costly as fuck.

Ovg

Cipher
Burning Bridges said:
Usefull stuff

Well, live and learn I guess. Never knew about river transports being buildable by the sibs even though I've already played them a couple of times. Also good plan there, I'll try to pull it off.

I thought about a river-based defense line based around Samara, since it's a big city and would allow us to produce units there. But yeah, it might be beneficial to press for Moscow first. As I've said, I'll try to, but I don't have your skills at ageod games :cry:.

Seems like I can't get rid of hearts of iron paint-it-your-color mentality.

Burning Bridges

Oh, my skill is certainly surpassed by a lot of people. I just try to always have a good battle plan before I start.
You should only take it as a suggestion, and adapt some part of it when the opportunity comes. It's probably not going to work that simple either, because of: building the ships takes time, rivers being frozen in the winter, and not least, the enemy having something to say in it too :lol:

It just may be a better approach than head on attacks in the general direction of Moscow.

Ovg

Cipher
I was away for a *business* trip to a place with shit internet (like 256, but slower).

Also a whore basically stole 200 euros from me, fun times.

Anyway, we'll be back on track today after I'm back from work! CAN YOU CONTAIN YOUR EXCITEMENT CODEX?

Ovg

Cipher
Fuck. Getting a bluescreen in a turn or two. Seems completely random and unrelated to any action of mine. Seems like ITZ come for me.

GarfunkeL
Thankfully, I did. So, most expensive BJ of my life?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Next time, use a brothel where you can use a card. Just make sure they use the official card reading machines, the same ones they use in grocery stores. No danger there. Even better if you can use one of those throwaway cards that you can load with money beforehand. EU is good for something, at least.

If you can't save this game, try starting the scenario again, if that would help? Would be interesting to see how this developed. I tried WiA demo but the engine didn't charm me. I'm more the NATO-symbols&hexes-kinda wargamer, I guess.

Renegen

Arcane
I recently removed War in America from inventory after having bought the real shitty Pride of Nations so I'm a complete noob at AGEOD games but it's growing on me. Will follow. Perhaps during the updates you could describe for example what troop or general stats make you think you can hold a line or assault a line with no problem? Or how combat or supplies work and shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom