Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's not play KOTOR !

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
No.jpg

Shit. :(

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
What does not
Doesn't seem to start properly if not run in a virtual desktop. That's not a major problem for me, though. With 1.3, the NoCD crack (the .exe got from the site named in the comments) is needed because of SecuROM protection. When running in a virtual desktop, the Wine System Tray appears in a small bar / empty window on the top left, when the first game menu appears after the opening credit screens (the one with Malak and the fog). Upon clicking this empty system tray bar, KotOR disappears and I have to close Wine, as the virtual desktop is still there. This tray doesn't seem to be there *all* the time, I just can't figure out how I make it go away without clicking it. Also, updating using the built-in updater to 1.3 doesn't work, you have to manually patch it.

a shitty os

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Should've been "you're doomed".

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Glad you guys liked it. I also love the wording. I'm not even sure an option is still an option if there is only one.
Had I played the game, I'm afraid that would also have been my conclusion. Still, I'll give it a try when I re-install Windows. You have no idea how messed-up my OS really is. :wink:

derpherp

Novice
Because it's the responsibility of the OS to make sure shitty games from other OSes run properly on it. Learned something new guys!!~

Elzair

Cipher
Jaime Lannister said:
What does not
Doesn't seem to start properly if not run in a virtual desktop. That's not a major problem for me, though. With 1.3, the NoCD crack (the .exe got from the site named in the comments) is needed because of SecuROM protection. When running in a virtual desktop, the Wine System Tray appears in a small bar / empty window on the top left, when the first game menu appears after the opening credit screens (the one with Malak and the fog). Upon clicking this empty system tray bar, KotOR disappears and I have to close Wine, as the virtual desktop is still there. This tray doesn't seem to be there *all* the time, I just can't figure out how I make it go away without clicking it. Also, updating using the built-in updater to 1.3 doesn't work, you have to manually patch it.

a shitty os

Windows?

kris

Arcane
Elzair said:
Jaime Lannister said:
What does not

a shitty os

Windows?

Vista

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom