Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Albion! (PART 12A - I WANT TO BE A DUNGEON!)

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
AAAAAAND..... WE'RE ON!

PART TEN A - SNOOPING AROUND METALMAKERS

We have two quests right now - getting the high knowledge from Umajo and means to harness power from the sneaky Kenget Kamulos. The Hivemind decided Metalmakers come first.
so, we arrive in the city

main_020.jpg

and head towards an unmarked house. We couldn't get inside earlier, because
main_021.jpg

this guard
main_022.jpg

wouldn't let us pass.
however,
main_023.jpg

[Diplomacy check:20]
main_024.jpg

main_025.jpg

main_026.jpg

main_027.jpg

main_028.jpg

main_029.jpg

tomm.jpg
:roll:

main_030.jpg

tomm.jpg
:retarded:

main_031.jpg

To the equipmentmakers then

main_000.jpg

main_001.jpg

blah blah blah
we talk with this guy (some screens vanished)
main_003.jpg

to the miners then
main_004.jpg

main_005.jpg

main_006.jpg

main_007.jpg

main_009.jpg

main_010.jpg

Key obtained. However, because of our meta-gaming knowledge, we know we should something more here first. We don't want to do a lot of backtracking now do we?
our mission: get the secret words.
main_033.jpg

main_034.jpg

We have to evade these guys. If we're caught, we'll have to do it again.
main_035.jpg

main_036.jpg

main_037.jpg

main_038.jpg

main_039.jpg

main_040.jpg

main_041.jpg

main_042.jpg

Done. Now we can enter the cellars.
main_043.jpg

main_012.jpg

main_013.jpg

main_014.jpg

main_015.jpg

main_016.jpg

The door on the right is locked. We head north
main_044.jpg

main_045.jpg

and get a hammer
main_046.jpg

We backtrack, take the left corridor and then turn left
main_017.jpg

main_018.jpg

a big room with a chest surrounded by knives. we pull the lver
main_019.jpg

we backtrack again, to the first lever, which can now be pulled
main_049.jpg

and returned to the big room.
main_050.jpg

jesus_hammer_time.jpg

main_051.jpg

Inside we find a nice helmet and a key.
oh, and a map of the cellars
main_052.jpg

we're currently in the lower left corner. we have to get to the higher left corner.

the locked door can now be opened
main_053.jpg

main_054.jpg

puzzle time!
main_055.jpg

main_057.jpg

:thumbsup:
main_056.jpg

Siobhan gets her second attack at last
main_058.jpg

we take the right turn now
main_059.jpg

and reach a big chamber
there's a chest, but its locked. we move north
main_061.jpg

main_062.jpg

right
main_063.jpg

another key
main_064.jpg

main_065.jpg

and another
main_066.jpg

now left
main_067.jpg

a puzzle here, but we don't have a bucket full of water, and it's fortunately unnecessary
main_068.jpg

main_069.jpg

we rest
main_070.jpg

a wild switch appears!
main_072.jpg

this is the last lever here
main_073.jpg

a random fight around here somewhere
main_074.jpg

and at last
main_075.jpg

it's only the beginning
:x

Conclusion of this chapter - in about half an hour

hoverdog

Developer
main_075.jpg

main_076.jpg

A couple of straight corridors first.
main_077.jpg

main_078.jpg

A new enemy: storm - a demon that can cast spells, notably thunderstorm. not quite likeable.
main_079.jpg

main_080.jpg

We take the southern door
main_081.jpg

main_082.jpg

:roll:
After the fight, we find someone that isn't attacking us!
main_083.jpg

main_084.jpg

Well, that wasn't too hard. Since we already know the password...
main_085.jpg

tomm.jpg
It says: 'Umajo Danu'.
main_087.jpg

main_088.jpg

main_089.jpg

Some lewt also.
main_090.jpg

Another new (I think) enemy, plague casts some spells, like panic or irritation, which isn't too dangerous. It also has, however, a fat critical chance.
We get back to the main corridor and head through the door on the left.
main_080.jpg

main_091.jpg

main_092.jpg

main_093.jpg

OH SHI-
main_094.jpg

Thank gods for frost avalanche.
main_095.jpg

We descend this hole
main_096.jpg

main_097.jpg

A spinner just spins us around. There's a passage to the north.
main_098.jpg

We find a chest with some phat lootz.
main_099.jpg

We use the staff on flickering flames to change their colour to blue.
main_100.jpg

main_101.jpg

main_102.jpg

The door cannot be opened. More on this later.
main_103.jpg

We manipulate all switches, of course.
main_104.jpg

main_105.jpg

main_106.jpg

main_107.jpg

main_109.jpg

main_110.jpg

Some more loot in the western passage.
Back to the flame room.
main_108.jpg

main_111.jpg

Descent again.
main_112.jpg

We're back on the second level.
We backtrack to the spinner room only to find that another passage opened, this time to the east!
main_113.jpg

Inside, we come across this magic curtain.
main_115.jpg

While inside, we can pass through the closed door mentioned earlier. However, it's one-way.
We continue to explore the eastern part. No screenshots saved, apparently :(. Nothing important to mention though, only a lever pulled so that the spinner room has the southern door opened now.
so - we take the curtain door, descend in the flame room, backtrack to the stairs, descend to the spinner room again.
main_116.jpg

main_117.jpg

And that's what back
main_118.jpg

A fake wall!
main_119.jpg

However, I must have done something wrong, not pulled a level or something, because there isn't any way further. Only another curtain door.
So we do it all again - backtrack, descend, you know the drill.
main_120.jpg

Time to go west.
main_121.jpg

:what:
main_122.jpg

when we step onto the plate, some more monsters appear and begin to chase us!
What could be worse than the previous group?
main_123.jpg

:what:
:x
This is the infinite experience-room. Every time we press the floor-plate, another sixteen animals appear. They are pretty easy, IF Mellthas has Demon Exodus on high level. Unfortunately I forgot to even teach the spell to the furry lover. :rage:
We probably could manage to defeat one such group, but I simply cannot be bothered. We'll return here later, with Khunag to practice a little, since he'll be really gimped.
But for now,
supreme2z.jpg

And by choppa I mean another curtain-magick.
main_124.jpg

We manage to help ourselves to a particular Stone of Visions.

aaaand that's it! Wasn't that long, thankfully. Time for those blasted assassins!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Awwww.. Poot. I'd high hopes for the "infinite xp" thingie, and you're saying that your meta-gaming skills failed you and you showed up without the proper majick learned?

:rpgcodex:

Cenobyte

Prophet
If this game wouldn't have this godawful 3D, the dungeon crawling would be even better.
Albion was one of the first RPGs I've ever played, iirc.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cenobyte said:
If this game wouldn't have this godawful 3D, the dungeon crawling would be even better.

Yeah, these are/were a real pain in the ass. All isometric would've rocked.

Update finally! Some of these combat encounters are pretty ridiculous (especially the last two), and the dungeon crawling seems to be getting rather tedious at this pount (maybe I'm wrong). Looking forward to the next one! :salute:

hoverdog

Developer
MicoSelva said:
[
Update finally! Some of these combat encounters are pretty ridiculous (especially the last two), and the dungeon crawling seems to be getting rather tedious at this pount (maybe I'm wrong). Looking forward to the next one! :salute:
Yeah, it's becoming tedious, that's the reason for the low update rate. The Umajo additionaly had a lot of pointless walks to dismal places, especially the iso part. The Kenget dungeon may be bigger and quite grindy, but at least there's not as much backtracking.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hoverdog seems to be MIA. I hope he comes back soon. This LP won't finish itself, and I would really like to see the ending.

hoverdog

Developer
haven't really touched anything since my unfortunate demise, so... thursday? but i shouldn't give any dates. it doesn't really work.

Cenobyte

Prophet
hoverdog said:
haven't really touched anything since my unfortunate demise, so... thursday? but i shouldn't give any dates. it doesn't really work.

Glad to see you back, hoverdog :salute:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
hoverdog said:
I knew I should have become suspicious when You wrote "Thursday"...

pieopah

Novice
Very nice walkthrough! I would like to see ti finished also, indeed. Any plans for an update?

hoverdog

Developer
I'm kinda burnt out right now. I've got one mostly finished update for Perry Rhodan, it *should* be out on the weekend at worst. as for Albion, I will finish the LP - just not right now.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
hoverdog said:
I'm kinda burnt out right now. I've got one mostly finished update for Perry Rhodan, it *should* be out on the weekend at worst. as for Albion, I will finish the LP - just not right now.

how about now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom