Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Crusader Kings - ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Best CK LP ever. Awesome how this game usually just showers misfortune on the player's dynasty. :love:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The good (or bad) thing about CK is that you can spend twenty years building up your great army ready to conquer Europe and then your king dies and everything goes down the shithole all of a sudden.

I'd say a mixture of consolidating your Central European holdings, and grabbing whatever Iberian territory you can easily get your gauntlets on. No point getting into a protracted war if the Spanish emirates turn out to be more trouble than expected, but if there's an opportunity to annex/vassalize a couple of them, take it.

lightbane

Arcane
:lol: :lol: It is obvious that the game hates you, so pay it back. There can't be peace, only war, so the reply is obvious... TOTAL WAR!!!! KILL THE POPE AND RULE THE ENTIRE LAND WITH YOUR IRON FIST!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I recently had a rather good ironman game as the count of Barcelona were I carefully extended my holdings and played extremely cautious. All went well untill one of my smallest most insignificant vassels somehow managed to piss of the entire muslim world. Cue thousands of jihadis rampaging through my land. Wierd yet awesome little quirck I suspect.

So do what you want. I'm sure the game will find a way to fuck you up anyhow.

spekkio

Arcane
root said:
stay put, consolidate, grab some european titles (medium)
Damn, I really hate such games.
Hard? Ok.
Brutal? I can manage. Or not.
Totally fucking random?

:x

lightbane

Arcane
Weird. Keep a separate save just to be sure and claim the title, I would like to see what will happen...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Awesome. Declare a Jihad against rome. Conquer europe.

anus_pounder

Arcane
root said:
so i have a question

i was trying to conquer north africa and this one kingdom kept spawning repeatedly from my territories, i'm not sure why. i'd conquer it, in say, tunis, and it'd spawn in kairwan. that happened about four times, made me even lose one of the fucking territories to my liege. then I got a claim on this guy's kingdom title (it's a muslim kingdom, kafsid), i conquered the fucker, and thought that by forcing him to give up his title he'd stop spawning on my fucking lands.

he did

he also made me king of kafsid, a berber muslim kingdom, which I thought was impossible (CK explicitly states several times you can only rule over christian-created kingdoms)

is this a bug? a DVIP future? a cheat? an exploit? what the fuck do I do? the update is more or less ready but do I revert to a previous save and leave the guy alone? will he keep spawning on MAH LANDS? do I keep my muslim title, declare myself Shah of Shahs, and start a crusade against the christian kingdoms? my ruler is still christian, so I don't have a claim on anybody

i've no idea what the fuck just happened

No

Calem Ravenna

Scholar
root said:
so i have a question

i was trying to conquer north africa and this one kingdom kept spawning repeatedly from my territories, i'm not sure why. i'd conquer it, in say, tunis, and it'd spawn in kairwan. that happened about four times, made me even lose one of the fucking territories to my liege. then I got a claim on this guy's kingdom title (it's a muslim kingdom, kafsid), i conquered the fucker, and thought that by forcing him to give up his title he'd stop spawning on my fucking lands.

he did

he also made me king of kafsid, a berber muslim kingdom, which I thought was impossible (CK explicitly states several times you can only rule over christian-created kingdoms)

is this a bug? a DVIP future? a cheat? an exploit? what the fuck do I do? the update is more or less ready but do I revert to a previous save and leave the guy alone? will he keep spawning on MAH LANDS? do I keep my muslim title, declare myself Shah of Shahs, and start a crusade against the christian kingdoms? my ruler is still christian, so I don't have a claim on anybody

i've no idea what the fuck just happened

In DVIP they wrote a series of events that are supposed to create historical "kingdoms" in North Africa, for example this Kafsid in Tunisia and Mamluks in Egypt and a couple of others. Of course, this doesn't result in anything sensible, instead tiny 1 province large "kingdoms" pop up randomly, are destroyed in a couple of years, pop up again... Until the events stop triggering. There's also a number of bugs related to those titles, for example they will keep popping up as long as their title is not your primary one (so if you're a King of Kafsid and Ayyubids or whatever, you'll still have those Ayyubids appearing from time to time and consuming your vassals or taking away parts of your demesne).

Oh, and whether a kingdom is muslim or christian is completely dependent on the ruler's religion. Unless you somehow become muslim (only ways to become one are modding the save file or being a vassal to a muslim ruler) you can continue the game as normal. If you become muslim however, you'll need to install a patch that makes muslims and pagans playable, otherwise you'll be unable to choose your country on the start screen.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
If you do patch/mod it in do remember that the entire game is build around you being a christian ruler. Laws, rules, events and religious pop-ups won't make much sense anymore. I don't believe anyone has created and implemented religion-specific events and interface fluff.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Goodie. Looking forward to it. I do believe that all sorts of nasty shit happens whenever the papal seat is crushed. Should be interesting.

This game never ceases to amaze me. My ruler got a 'realm duress' trait which just fucked me over. Suddenly it turns two of my five devotedly loyal vassals rebellious and then have them split off. Seeing weakness the biggest muslim state decides to invade me but only raise a minute little army near me, so in order to get some bargaining points in I quickly crush that. Which is a quee for a megastack to appear. Fuck. Then my former vassals gleefully declare war on me and invade. Shit. So, I'm fucked. Right? Nope. Won one battle, then lost the second and finally crushed the mohammedans in the third. Only a few dozen troops left in my camp. Made a white peace with the muzzies quickly after. Got templar help which I send against the traitorous scum and after the big bad jihad caved in they basically rolled over and surrendered. I was sure I was finished but actually came out pretty strong. Ironman is fun.

Yeesh

Magister
root said:
yeah, actually, things went so smoothly (in very hard difficulty, nonetheless) that I stopped playing because it got boring. i'm at 1270 or so and I own one of the largest, most well-equipped armies in the world and dominate most of the majors centers of trade. And the mongols got crushed by Prussia. :/
Damnit, I came here for the pain. I hate it when everything goes smoothly. I'm a sad little petty man that way.

But still, awesome update. :salute:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
root said:
I could always try and convert the save to EUIII but since I suspect it won't be compatible with magna mundi, it'll be even more popamole.

Could always edit provinces by hand if you really, really want to, but it's quite a lot of work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom