Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play EarthBound

Peter

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Your LP is good and all, with the mandatory jap remarks and codex style bitching, but I don't know, you don't seem to enjoy it.

Maybe you thought it would be an rpg or jrpg , but it's not really. It's a unique game full of offbeat humor and surrealistic moments that looks like it's for children , but it's not. It's like Alice in wonderland.

I get what you're saying, and I do appreciate the game for its humor and style, and I agree about it being kinda like Alice. I also realize that the Mother games are probably the best JRPGs out there (I chose to do an LP of Earthbound because it wouldn't be unbearable, like, say, FF or Chrono Trigger or something). However, the gameplay is still pretty terrible imo, and the style of the game can't really make up for that.

I hope any of that made sense and wasn't too hypocritical.

Murk

Arcane
Your LP work is good, but the game is probably going to drag a bit. It was something I enjoyed when I was much younger but I agree that it doesn't hold up to what I look for in RPGs now.

Regardless, here's hoping you continue as it is very well done and still entertaining to read.

lightbane

Arcane
Peter said:
(I chose to do an LP of Earthbound because it wouldn't be unbearable, etc., etc.)

I'm in your topic, laughing at your fail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom