Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Icewind Dale, now Totally completed.

Nickless

Educated
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Human
Lawful Evil
Fighter, dual to mage at level 3
STR 18
DEX 18
CON 18
WIS 10
INT 18
CHA 3

ubermensch.jpg

Alternatively
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ieLBXOf_fXI/S ... /mp028.bmp

Nickless

Educated
By the way, just in case you aren't doing so already... When you introduce a new PC, don't set their level with the rest of the party, instead set their experience, since experience, classes and levels aren't standardised with one another like in 3rd edition.

Nice to see some one liked it. And page 3 already! Damn that was fast, I'll try to get another update in this evening, trying to get to kuldahar. This one may get bloody, plenty of kobolds goblins with bows, and nowhere to rest until some progress is made. Well lets see.

oldmanpaco said:
BTW something I learned the hard way – Add the page that people submitted their characters in the reserve list. It's a pain in the ass to search through pages of posts to try to find the one character you need to balance the party.

And for gods sake add an index.

Couple of good tips there, thanks. :salute:
Though I started a database for the reserve characters on my pc, got the avatars and info about them saved should make it easy to localize. However an index is highly useful will add it as soon as the second up date comes.

I figured out how to fix the problem with the custom portraits, well now that that is done this can continue! Posting a few images left over from yesterday then I start on the next update. :salute:

61.jpg

First stop after arriving back, selling some loot.

sabeth.jpg
: If there is one time that is better than looting time, it's selling the loot time!
chzr.jpg
: Totally, just wait until this guy has all his new bought stuff turn into dust I would pay good gold to see that. Any way what about that shiny magical ring?
strangelove.jpg
: Lets head over to the temple and get it identified.
vitriol.jpg
: Couldn't you just do it, why go to a cleric in a temple to have it identified when we have one right here?
strangelove.jpg
: Cause identify is a mage spell, and you don't seem to have it, nor does the other guy.
slick.jpg
: So if I ehm... understand this correctly, yes thats the word. We are going to a tem.. temple to have a cleric identify a magical item. Something that is done by mages? That seems a bit... odd.
strangelove.jpg
: Yep, thats it. I don't care how it works just that it does. Divine guidance and all that.

63.jpg

And to the temple they went.

iwind082.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Neat a ring of protection, Roxorowski you can have since your our meat shiel... ehm I mean since your on point.
chzr.jpg
: Magic ring! Gimmie! :snachtes the ring: :Equips the ring:
sabeth.jpg
: The hell just happened?
poelfiw201m3232.png
: Told you I'm a drow.
strangelove.jpg
: So how exactly did you know that would happen?
poelfiw201m3232.png
: I didn't, I just like magic rings. Must be some of that divine guidance and destiny crap you keep talking about.
roxorow.jpg
: Does not matter how it works, just that it does, now give me my ring little elfling.
:equips the ring:
:AC bonus+1:
i.e AC -1, mucho confusing when not familiar with Dnd:

iwind083.jpg

Back to Hrothgar to report in on a successful mission.

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

68.jpg

70.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Alright lets get some rest, then we head out on the great slaught... ehm adventure!

This fine entertainment continued this evening. Remember to bring your monocles!

Currently playing to make an update, and we have our first death! Whoever guesses correctly shall be rewarded with many KKK's and fast promotion to the bloody front line in the war of attrition the glorious adventuring party!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, mages are usually the first to die.

Although the previous update kinda shows otherwise... :(

Part II: The club of DooM!

iwind000.jpg

Here is the new Chzr in all her glory by the way, all ready to adventuring.

1.jpg

We head out with the expedition!

Here here should be a video of what happened to the expedition, though since I can't find it on jewtube I'll have to write instead. :/

Any way a mysterious avalanch killed the entire expedition except for our party, how fortunate! Also it blocked the way back to the town, how unfortunate!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

roxorow.jpg
: We are stranded here with no ale, we are doomed! Doomed I tell ye!
strangelove.jpg
: Well it's not that bad we through alive didn't we? More proof of the divine guidance we are receiving!
vitriol.jpg
: We may have survived the Avalanche through "divine intervention" as you so foolishly put it, but unless we make it quickly to Kuldahar we will freeze to death.
strangelove.jpg
: We'll get there, and we could always huddle together for shared body heat in some shelter...
sabeth.jpg
: I'm all up for that. :smug:
strangelove.jpg
: ... and you get to be next to Roxorowski, any way let's get going before it gets dark.

iwind001.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Ahh! More kobolds get them!
roxorow.jpg
: These are not kobolds, they are goblins they shall die on my blade all the same!

iwind002.jpg

iwind003.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Oh great more kobol... er goblins, attack!
iwind004.jpg

They are dispatched with out to much trouble, though strangle love takes a hit.

strangelove.jpg
: NOT AGAIN, RIGHT IN TH...
sabeth.jpg
: In the what now?
strangelove.jpg
: Nothing, nothing I'll just heal this up and lets push on.

iwind005.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Look bridge trolls, how cliché.
roxorow.jpg
: Those are not trolls, they be but small goblins.
strangelove.jpg
: They are all green and ugly, same thing in my book.

iwind006.jpg

iwind007.jpg

roxorow.jpg
: Argh, right in the..
sabeth.jpg
: In the what now?
strangelove.jpg
: Shut up and keep fighting.
iwind008.jpg

iwind009.jpg

vitriol.jpg
: Hey look that might be the road to Kuldahar lets take it, I would lov... I mean I would hate that slightly less than this.
roxorow.jpg
: And there could be mead!
strangelove.jpg
: What kind of adventurers are you? Were not going there yet there is more here to explore like pits falls of death and doo... er fantastic magical items to find.

iwind011.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Well this place certanley looks like it could contain items of great worth! Also that Goblin isn't attacking us. Roxorowski go use your extreme diplomatic skills on it.
vitriol.jpg
: Looks like it could contain Doom and gloom to me.
poelfiw201m3232.png
: or it could contain a gate to the underworld , that would be wonderful...:longing sigh:

9.jpg

We engage in goblin diplomacy
10.jpg

11.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Well that was uneventful, now lets go and explore this not dangerous at all abandoned building with corpses lying around outside it.

12.jpg

slick.jpg
: Oh sh- sh- sh- shark!
13.jpg

14.jpg

:extreme:
iwind012.jpg

iwind013.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Told you there would be magical loot to be had. :smug:
vitriol.jpg
: yeah and nearly getting us killed for it, thats just wonderful...
iwind014.jpg

Memorize some additional healing spells, can never have to many when the hurting starts.
strangelove.jpg
: Alright we rest here tonight!
poelfiw201m3232.png
: Here with those filthy orc corpses? I would not do such a thing.
strangelove.jpg
: A nice warm bed in here, or out there in the snow and ice, your choice princess.
iwind016.jpg

iwind017.jpg

We explore the bottom floor, and find some goblins, they are quickly slaughtered.
vitriol.jpg
: There were goblins in the building! What if they snuck up at night and killed us in our sleep!
strangelove.jpg
: We had a guard posted all night, it was nothing to worry about. I mean every one stood their shift right?
sabeth.jpg
: ...errr...
slick.jpg
: Well.. y..y.you see...
poelfiw201m3232.png
. Perhaps...not quite...
roxorow.jpg
: Roxorowski needs no puny guards! He never stops fighting, he simply kills his foes in his sleep!
strangelove.jpg
: Oh great...

15.jpg

We find some kid in a closet, he comes out of it. :/
16.jpg

Roxorowski the not always so extreme, he is neutral after all.
17.jpg

iwind018.jpg

Strangelove levels up!

strangelove.jpg
: First to level two bitches! :smug:
sabeth.jpg
: First to the what now?
strangelove.jpg
: Lets just say that by some strange happening I'm a lot stronger now than I was five minutes ago.

iwind019.jpg

Let's go up and explore!
iwind020.jpg

sabeth.jpg
: Oh shark! Goblin elites, do something quickly!
vitriol.jpg
: This vs that, which is better and why? Discuss!!!
iwind020.jpg

iwind021.jpg

poelfiw201m3232.png
: The hell! Nothing of value here and it could have gotten us killed!
strangelove.jpg
: We got a magical shield on here what more can you expect? This is the north, not the fairly tale fantasy kingdom of King Monthy Haul.

iwind022.jpg

Onwards to glory!
iwind023.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Oh look a strange loneley stone tower in the middle of nowhere! Nothing bad has ever come out of exploring one of these, forward to glory!
slick.jpg
: I..I.I don't know about this, doesn't feel so well ehm good.
roxorow.jpg
: I agree with wizard elf, this place is full of doom let us not enter this place and make for Kuldahar!
strangelove.jpg
: Nonsense, in we go!

iwind024.jpg

roxorow.jpg
: For some reason ogres make me feel uneasy where I would otherwise charge into battle...
18.jpg

sabeth.jpg
: *whispers* Tell him knocking his head against the wall will fix it, that should knock him out so we can grab his stuff.
20.jpg

roxorow.jpg
: It's coming for ... oh bloody hell!
iwind025.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Tactical retreat!

iwind026.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Oh bloody hell! Any one got that magic ring of Roxorowskis ehm.. "corpse".
poelfiw201m3232.png
: It's just a ring leave it.
strangelove.jpg
: Hell no, and Sabeth since your smart idea got Roxor killed your the one get back in there and fetch it!
sabeth.jpg

Well he gets the ring, and the party weary from the death and destruction head for Kuldahar.

iwind028.jpg

iwind029.jpg

iwind030.jpg

21.jpg

No longer is the charismatic Roxorowski doing the talking, now it's the evil bitch cleric.

iwind032.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Some druid dude lives here, that we were supposed to see but lets not waste time with that for now.

iwind033.jpg

Going through town.
iwind034.jpg

Some village idiot comes running with yetis behind it, obviously it's up to us to save the day.
iwind035.jpg

Without Roxor on point it's up to Chzr, but with out her composite longbow machine gun damage they are hard to bring down.

iwind036.jpg

Chzr levels up!

poelfiw201m3232.png
: Ah, I see now what you meant with suddenly becoming much more powerful!
strangelove.jpg
: Glad some one gets it.
vitriol.jpg
: Great now there is two of them...

28.jpg

To the temple!
29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

iwind045.jpg

Shield is identified, a small shield +1 essentially.

iwind038.jpg

Next stop the tavern!

iwind039.jpg

strangelove.jpg
: Alright listen up! We are searching for a fortunate soul who will have luck of sharing our deadl... ehm I mean profitable adventures! Are there such among you that yearn for fame fortune and adventure?
taplo.jpg
: Well I certainly could use some adventuring, names Taplo and I'm a fighter.
strangelove.jpg
: You look a bit old for a fighter, but I suppose that means you've got some experience under your belt. Welcome aboard!
poelfiw201m3232.png
: Are you sure you are not a Druid? You rather look like one with your magnificent beard, and we drow women find them very... enticing.
taplo.jpg
: Sorry ma'am, I'm no druid, though I must admit the thought has crossed my mind more than once.
strangelove.jpg
: Eh hate you interrupt you two, but do you have any gear to speak of?
taplo.jpg
: I'm afraid not madam, I have... lost possession of it through... games of fortune.
strangelove.jpg
: Great whats with all these unequipped adventurers, well to the temple to have the shield identified, and then the local black smith!
iwind041.jpg

poelfiw201m3232.png
: Couldn't we just have brought Roxorowski here to be ressurected?
strangelove.jpg
: I told you, it's against my religion.
sabeth.jpg
: Yeah but it probably wasn't against his religion.
strangelove.jpg
: Probably not, but if you want him back your free to go back to that ogre tower and haul his corpse back here.
sabeth.jpg
: Point taken.
taplo.jpg
: I do hate to inquire about such.. personal matters, but what happened to this Roxorowski fellow.
strangelove.jpg
: Let's just say he had an accident and tripped against a rather large club, you know how it is with all the slippery ice and so up here in the north.

32.jpg

Zhe blacksmith.
33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

iwind049.jpg

He has a bunch of very powerful magical items, expensive though. Among them this rather amazing helm. It has one downside though.
iwind050.jpg

... only usable by untermensch.
iwind053.jpg

We buy some equipment for Taplo, who gets some plate mail, a helmet, large shield, and a longsword. Looks like he has the luck to be on point!

iwind054.jpg

Vitriol tries to learn the spellscroll we found earlier.
iwind055.jpg

vitriol.jpg
: :rage:
sabeth.jpg
: The fuck man, every single spell we have given you you have failed to learn, next time we better give it to that other guy.
vitriol.jpg
: I hate a lot of things, but if there is one thing I hate more than all it is one such as you attempting to look smart. You had better stop that, or be prepared to watch your back...
sabeth.jpg
: haha... what are you going to do? Cast blur? Oh whait you can't even learn that, smart one you...

36.jpg

Next stop the druid.
37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

53.jpg

taplo.jpg
: Thar druid, was one fine gent I shall strive to become as him. And as you said I already have the looks down.
poelfiw201m3232.png
: What a wonderful idea, perhaps we could discuss this further... alone.
vitriol.jpg
: What you can't possibly mean that you would... with that old and wrinkeld.. ugh...
strangelove.jpg
: Enough chit chat, we should head out again! But I wonder should we return and face certain de... loots of loot in the pass? Or press on to investigate the valley with the undea... eh I mean those passed on which have not yet found rest.

The choice is your codex! Vote shall we go back and explore or push forward? Which is better and why DISCUSS!!!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
there is only one way the KKKodex can go! Forwards, into the incline!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Motherfucker, you did that on purpose :x

Go back to the pass, there's still some stuff to be done there. Although not much, really, so you can go back to those two or so areas you haven't been to then push forward again in one update *shrug*

JrK

Prophet
IE spell scribing is borked beyond reason (85% chance my ass), so I would advise you to just cheat and get a few spells in that book.

chzr

Scholar
i suggest revenge on the ogre, together with formation change so dedicated archers are in the back :smug:

poelfiw201m3232.png
Also, magic ring!!111

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Avenge the Roxor!

PS - if I ever get drafted by the party, crop my banter avatar from here:
6.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom