Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets Play: LANDS OF LORE

DraQ

Arcane
Unkillable Cat said:
Almost everybody I know stopped playing at the top level of the White Tower. It's stupidly hard for no real reason. The game becomes easier afterwards.
Defending Yvel was also hard as fuck, but at least it was normal battle.
Even with Vaelan's Cube it's a hard trek.
Eh, with the Cube it was trivial - spam cube, heal IV, use cube to restore mana, rinse, repeat.

BTW, Arnika Road is one of the reason why I don't feel like playing Wizardry 8. I enjoy a challenge, but pointless repetetive challenges only piss me off.
Eh, Arnika road still wasn't nearly the rape the tower was, even for a Wiz8 noob, I imagine.

Andhaira

Arcane
I don't get all the complaining about Arnika Road. It wasn't hard at all. In fact, its only challeneging if you go off the beaten path and go exploring into other areas.

DaveO

Erudite
Ak'Shel, Kieran, Michael, or Conrad. Which one is better and why? Discuss! :lol:

Andhaira

Arcane
Akshel is the best.

Also, update to this LP coming soon.

btw Unkillable cat: Its been many years since I last played this. When do you get the hand of Fate spell? In Yvel City right, in one of the houses?

DaveO

Erudite
In response to the question about the Hand of Fate spell, you do indeed receive it in the Yvel City. It is also a spell that can inflict damage to the wraiths on level 3 of the White Tower.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's in one of the boarded-up houses in the south-east section of Yvel. You can click on the door and a board will come loose, that's when you know you've found the right one.

(Clue book fail: The in-book map of Yvel has almost 30 points of interest mentioned, but only the first 7 are actually shown on the map.)

Andhaira

Arcane
How much damage does the hand of fate spell actually do? I've always thought it was there just for fighting ghosts and the like and the actual damage versus enemies is low?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Since you'll be asking, here's all the spells you can add to your spellbook:

Heal 1: Heal 25 HP
Heal 2: Heal 45 HP
Heal 3: Fully heals target and cures of poison (Omniheal)
Heal 4: Omniheals all characters in party

Spark 1: 1 target takes 7 damage.
Spark 2: 1 target takes 15 damage.
Spark 3: 1 target takes 25 damage.
Spark 4: 1 target takes 60 damage.

Fireball 1: 1 fireball doing 20 damage.
Fireball 2: 2 fireball doing 40 damages.
Fireball 3: 3 fireballs hitting all enemies in target square for 80 damage.
Fireball 4: 2 large fireballs hitting all enemies in square for 100 damage.

Freeze 1: All enemies in square suffer 10 cold damage.
Freeze 2: All enemies in square suffer 20 cold damage.
Freeze 3: All enemies in square suffer 30 cold damage.
Freeze 4: All enemies in square suffer 55 cold damage and a wall of ice is created. If all the monsters in the target square die, then the wall stays until you smash it. Otherwise, it is smashed by the monsters moments later.

Lightning 1: One target takes 18 damage.
Lightning 2: One target takes 35 damage.
Lightning 3: All enemies in square take 50 damage.
Lightning 4: All enemies in square take 72 damage.

Hand Of Fate 1: Pushes enemies 1 square away from you (no damage)
Hand Of Fate 2: Pushes enemies 1 square away from you (75 damage)
Hand Of Fate 3: 1 enemy takes 125 damage.
Hand Of Fate 4: 1 enemy takes 175 damage.

Mists Of Doom 1: Inflicts 30 points of damage.
Mists Of Doom 2: Inflicts 70 points of damage.
Mists Of Doom 3: Inflicts 110 points of damage.
Mists Of Doom 4: Inflicts 200 points of damage.

And here are the other spells in the game:

Caustic Fog: Cast by using the Green Skull. It does 15 Acid damage.

Guardian Sword: Cast by using a Guardian Globe. A giant blade strikes in the target square, doing an average of 200 points of damage. Unless there are no enemies in the target square, the globe is consumed.

Swarm: Does 10 damage to most creatures. Insects, etheral and stone creatures are immune to this spell.

Vaelan's Cube: When black, it damages magical creatures and weakens magical barriers. When white, it restores 25 Mana to the user.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
To answer your first question: Dunno, as the clue book fails (see above) on that part. However, it only mentions 3 doors, one of which can be picked, one that requires the Speckled Key (that can be found with the Hand Of Fate scroll) and one that requires the Jade Key, which is found beyond the door which is opened by the Speckled Key.

To answer your second question: Beats me. The clue book says that Xeobs are resistant to all types of magic. The Knowles, on the other hand, are weak to fire and acid-based magic. Both types of monsters have the same chance to Hit, to Dodge factor and attack speed, so the only real difference between them is their special attacks. But Xeobs are harder to hit and have more Hit Points.The Knowles are also worth 100 more XP per monster than the Xeobs.

Before you ask, the clue book doesn't list which (if any) special attacks a monster has, though it does mention one or two of them sometimes in the short monster description provided. And no, not all the monsters are listed in the short descriptions.

relootz

Scholar
MORE UPDATES LAZY PAKISTANI. WHY DONT U POST LESS DRIVEL IN GD AND START DOING THIS LP.

relootz

Scholar
relootz said:
MORE UPDATES LAZY PAKISTANI. WHY DONT U POST LESS DRIVEL IN GD AND START DOING THIS LP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom