Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: Space Rangers 2!

It's coming...

ScreenHunter_01Apr231449.jpg

ITZ COMING!!!!!

Alright, I'll give one post of housekeeping shit before I get into the nitty gritty. Space Rangers 2 has a randomly generated universe, and it sets you down in a corner of it. The Dominators are a group of three AI type creatures that are taking over the galaxy system by system. Even on Easy, you start off unable to tackle the dominators, and on the harder difficulties... well, forget about it until a few years pass. Technology improves as time goes, and after awhile you'll be able to clear systems of dominators by yourself. On the harder difficulties, it is also very possible for you to lose the game without any chance to stop their advance.

The combat in the game takes place in a simultaneous turn based style. It's not too complex, but it's satisfying. There are also quests, many of them of the fetch variety, but also text adventures and RTS missions (which we will not be doing in this LP because fuck them). The goal is to destroy the three main Dominators, and each has different characteristics.

I'm a bro, so I'll be doing this on Hard difficulty (I think Impossible difficulty is in fact impossible).

ScreenHunter_02Apr231509.jpg

We're going with a Freyan Fighter named Blobert. Considering how tough this will be early, I need as many options as possible, so I needed someone with a good relationship with everybody, and I have a softspot for these purple sons of bitches. There is a better than average chance of me getting wasted and losing, so enjoy my failure!

First gameplay update tonight at some point.

I hope you are picking missile launchers as your weapon else you are toast. Reboot is merciless. Unsurprisingly the only way to even have a chance at impossible is to take the one (or two?) characters that can start out with 2 missile launchers.

Dumbass... BLOBERT HAS BRIANS!!! LOLOL ITS SKYWAY THAT DONT USE HIS BRIAN@1!1!

Edit: And yeah, taking rocket launcher.

XenomorphII

Prophet
It is well past being tonight.

:rpgcodex:

Good luck with it though. Just started a game of this myself and within the first year the Dominators have already holed me up in a single system so I am pretty well boned now.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Nah, BLOBERT should've really been maloq - I mean, he's freaking BLOBERT, a MASS of CRPGaming MAN, neither of which adresses faeyans. And, btw, it is the corsair who gets the easy 2x missile launcher start, not the fighter. Or was it mercenary? Well, what's most important that it's not fighter, but I'm afraid that it is already too late to mention this.

Nah, got busy. Expect many delays in this LP, but I will complete it.

And yeah, I figured I'd go back and make him Maloq. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'll spend this weekend attached to an IV of some tasty IPAs, so consider this on hold until next week.

Also had some problems with FRAPS, but that should be cleared up now.

TripJack

Hedonist
Does fraps not work? Theres plenty of other screen taking programs out there if it doesn't.

*edit* Or try hitting F9.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Does fraps not work? Theres plenty of other screen taking programs out there if it doesn't.

*edit* Or try hitting F9.

F9 does the trick! Thank you sir!

If FSM doesn't get this started within a week or so, I may steal his thread (or at the very least his idea) and do an LP for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom