Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lol, Activision lawsuit incoming

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
apparently he's been banned from the nexus sites for being himself

corvus

Arcane
Damn conformists couldn't handle an intelligent free-thinker such as himself

:decline:

or maybe the strain of his naked women gifs in his signature was too much to bear for the forum

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I kind of hope Tessera does get sued by Activision. And if he does, I bet he'll blame Wesp.

Bahamut

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
apparently he's been banned from the nexus sites for being himself

Apparently you can be banned for anything on nexus

scient

Augur
Gord said:
I agree that it's quite sad somehow.
On the other hand, after the end of Team Gizka and it's cult there's much demand for quality internet drama.

Did they completely dissolve? Looks like their site is gone. I wonder if they passed out purple kool-aid before shutting down forums, some of folks on there were fanatical about defending them even tho they produced nothing but promises (discounting leaked version).

I never understood point of stirring up drama that Tessera does. For me (and prob most modders) modding is just side project to relax, not to start a cult following and spout off bullshit.

Gord

Arcane
scient said:
Did they completely dissolve? Looks like their site is gone. I wonder if they passed out purple kool-aid before shutting down forums, some of folks on there were fanatical about defending them even tho they produced nothing but promises (discounting leaked version)..

AFAIK in the end it was just one guy left (Dashus?), who finaly admited at being too busy banging his new girlfriend to continue with the project (although he said he still intended to complete it, eventually). Still there were quite a few devoted fans defending TG and believing that TSLRP would be released sooner or later.

After the release of TSLRCM by DStoney the whole thing broke down rather fast. In the end Dashus even announced that he wouldn't mind if the latest version was released to the public, but his little cult had long developed an interesting dynamic of its own. They were still insisting that nothing would be released until it was finished. Soon after the forums went down and I couldn't follow them anymore. Too bad.

May be, however, that those guys had just been masterly trolling their audience all along. Or each other. Or whatever.

waywardOne

Arcane
Meh, I won't say again what mod circle I occassionally run in, but this situation isn't unique. All it takes is one retarded egomaniac with enough time on his hands to keep his threads alive and he will eventually gather his own sycophants whose only joy in life is to suck that modder's cock in hopes of getting a credit in the mod's readme. Generally these modders work only on gigantic-scale projects that no one else would bother with anyway, thus facing very little if any competition and garnering some no-one-else-is-doing-it support, regardless of how shitty the actual mod is.

Twinkle

Liturgist
:retarded: said:
"In this world, there are intelligent free-thinkers. Sadly, they make up the minority of the human population."

"Also in this world, there are conformists. I often call them "cud-chewing sheeple." Sadly, they make up the majority of the human population.

"No matter where you go and no matter what you do, you will always find yourself outnumbered by stupid, irrational conformists. These are the people who believe that the majority is always right -- despite the fact that historically speaking, the majority has almost ALWAYS been wrong. But they don't care... because to those people, it is much more important to "belong" than it is to be "right." It's almost as if they are saying "We don't care if we're wrong -- just so long as we're all wrong TOGETHER." So when given a choice between thinking for themselves and doing what is best, or simply "going along to get along," the great masses of the sheeple will almost always opt to join in with whomever they perceive to be the status quo. They remind me of herd animals, to tell you the truth."

:thumbsup: :salute:

Morkar Left

Twinkle said:
"In this world, there are intelligent free-thinkers. Sadly, they make up the minority of the human population."

"Also in this world, there are conformists. I often call them "cud-chewing sheeple." Sadly, they make up the majority of the human population.

"No matter where you go and no matter what you do, you will always find yourself outnumbered by stupid, irrational conformists. These are the people who believe that the majority is always right -- despite the fact that historically speaking, the majority has almost ALWAYS been wrong. But they don't care... because to those people, it is much more important to "belong" than it is to be "right." It's almost as if they are saying "We don't care if we're wrong -- just so long as we're all wrong TOGETHER." So when given a choice between thinking for themselves and doing what is best, or simply "going along to get along," the great masses of the sheeple will almost always opt to join in with whomever they perceive to be the status quo. They remind me of herd animals, to tell you the truth."

Yeaahh, he's on a mission. Modding against the system and for the greater good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Wyrmlord said:
Tessera's ego is really downright ridiculous.

I mean, this is the most narcissistic modder I have ever seen. No, this is not hyperbole. This man is really one of a kind.

Pish Posh, surely he can't be as bad as Pros...*reads thread*

...er....

Phelot

Arcane
I love how most of his topics seem to be him and like 3 other guys, each with tens of thousands of posts :lol:

bhlaab

Erudite
phelot said:
I love how most of his topics seem to be him and like 3 other guys, each with tens of thousands of posts :lol:

and they're all multi paragraph diatribes i LOVE tessera

Eyeball

Arcane
What I don't get is: While buggy, Bloodlines was a playable game out of the box. Fan patches since fixed a bunch of minor and major bugs, which only made it better.

But Bloodlines came out more than half a decade ago and people like Wesp and Tessera still mod it, Wesp like a pleasant pasttime, Tessera like his entire self image and credibility depends on it. Why not take their talents to a newer game and improve on that by now? Surely, even a Troika game can't be so unfinished that it needs six years of tinkering with to be playable, especially if you're Tessera and are adamant about not changing anything in the core gameplay?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's probably because now they fix bugs caused by the previous unnoficial patch version. It's a cycle that only stops with a complete meltdown.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bloodlines is still full of bugs, some of them unfixable without a ASM wizard (like the one that does the morrowind code patch) or a complete new engine.
Aleatory objects instead of the tables in your haven? I had that - it's random too, though it happened with the Clan Quest mod, so maybe it doesn't appear with the UP.

Just the other day i told Wesp about a bug that caused the last elevator button in the game to malfunction slightly (if you pressed it twice, which was easy to do with my config due to using mouse wheel for use) - it would cause the elevator to place you in the same map instead of the boss fight.

These days i'm more interested in the more ambitious mod projects, like the clan quest mod.

Though the guy that does that seems to have taken a career related hiatus.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Twinkle said:

:x people that complain about conformists and then have their own posse/are part of a posse.

Secretninja

Cipher
Eyeball said:
What I don't get is: While buggy, Bloodlines was a playable game out of the box. Fan patches since fixed a bunch of minor and major bugs, which only made it better.

But Bloodlines came out more than half a decade ago and people like Wesp and Tessera still mod it, Wesp like a pleasant pasttime, Tessera like his entire self image and credibility depends on it. Why not take their talents to a newer game and improve on that by now? Surely, even a Troika game can't be so unfinished that it needs six years of tinkering with to be playable, especially if you're Tessera and are adamant about not changing anything in the core gameplay?

Yeah, they should move on to dragon age 2 or something, ffs.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
What makes a man so batshit?

Was his brian destined to start glitching(LoLs ims o smart)so much from the start or is this shit triggered by particular experiences? Are crazy narcissists ever cured?

And shouldn't we call them patchers instead of modders? The irony is pretty good, though. Since tessera says his patch is just a patch and shit(I do know he also apparently does hentai mods or something)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom