Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LOL, KOTOR for iPad

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
At least this IGN copy paste was not posted as Codex news.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Cool, now there is a new best game for ipad... Pazaak. :smug:
I had pazaak on my Windows Mobile HTC years ago. It was pretty fun.
You can play it in browser or download it here.

http://www.pazaak.org/play

scr_main.png

scr2_campaign.png

scr2_game.png

J1M

Arcane
Yeah but if I remember right that was shit because there were no controls or point-buy on the better cards.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Shows how "deep" "meaningful" the story and companions are. The unbelievable level of "immersion" "storytelling" when you are sitting on a train surrounded by smelly fat men, playing KOTOR. Better yet, hopefully people will play it while driving a car.

dunno lah

Arcane
Shows how "deep" "meaningful" the story and companions are. The unbelievable level of "immersion" "storytelling" when you are sitting on a train surrounded by smelly fat men, playing KOTOR. Better yet, hopefully people will play it while driving a car.

RPGCodex Latest News: Incline - Biotard killed in automobile accident while playing KOTOR on his iPad

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Apparently the port was done by a company called Aspyr: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspyr

Going down the list of stuff they ported, nothing seems terrible as far as I know...

Nope wait, they ported TFU, which was apparently even worse on the PC. Fuck those losers.
Aspyr's port of The Force Unleashed was terrible.

So basically, to speed loading times, console games use extra disc space available (especially on PS3, with the high-capacity Blu-rays) to fill in redundant data. This is done because the seek times are fairly low on their disc drives, and by having the same data all over the disc, the disc needs to spin a lot less to get what it needs.

Except, for the PC version, instead of basing the port off of the Xbox 360 version, they basically just made a copy of the PS3's data archive, without removing any of the redundancies. So the PC version of the game is like 30 GB, even though strictly speaking it should only be about 7-10 GB or so.

They also used the full HD, uncompressed Blu-ray versions of all the cinematics on the PC version, which means there are literally about 8 GB of cutscenes in the game files when it easily could have been 1/3rd that size.

Yes, that means the game (an 8-hour-at-best, 100% linear beat-em-up) literally takes 3x the hard drive space it should, for no fucking reason, except for that the developers were idiots. I'm not making this up.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Their patching method was also "genius". To do this SWTFU writes the whole game into the Windows Temp folder when patching it. So if you have smaller system partition, than you have to go to User Variables in Windows and change the folder.

Nadosh

Novice
Clunky controls,shit graphics,bad camera angle...Well old chap,i say this game is perfect for ipad.

Now Biowhores can pretend they're squeezing Bastila's boobies :smug:
Oh and they can, ya know, play the game on their Ipad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom