Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lol N. Korea

Tycn

Savant
My wild guess at what this thread was about turned out to be correct.

Looks interesting (if only because of the real world tie-in; the premise is hardly tactful) but I'm fairly confident that that trailer will be more interesting than the actual game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why do they always have to make this shit so insanely stupid? Trailer starts well enough, interesting and plausible. Then it spirals completely out of any contact with realism to become a boring plagirazation of every modern FPS and their moms.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I assume you don't play as an Korean soldier. What a shitty American game.

Why would you want to invade the US anyway? Especially if it is a poor shithole in the future.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haba said:
Jack said:
I assume you don't play as an Korean soldier. What a shitty American game.

Why would you want to invade the US anyway? Especially if it is a poor shithole in the future.

Didn't you see the map? Koreans were annexing Europe in it. lolz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eIfZ8Aequ4

Oh god that stupid.
WOW.....Annex Europe....

Fucking Hitler could not pull that of, but mr Potato head over in Korea Manages to do it.
Now i do not mind outrages crazy shit, but not when you trying to make a grim dark shooter.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well it's more believable now than it seemed at the start when they first announced it. A United Japo-Korean empire would theoretically be able to rape the KWA if it wanted to. I like that they don't invade China, but add the weaker Vietnamese, Thai, Bangladesh, Indonesian nations.

The first level starts out with a whole lot of scripted CoD-likes scenes, watching Korean soldiers committing atrocities on the populace. This info's actually been out for about a month on the web or even in magazines.

Phelot

Arcane
Looks like a bad Red Dawn rip off.

I also like how aiming and shooting at shit has so many effects you can't even see anything that you might be shooting.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
phelot said:

I also like how aiming and shooting at shit has so many effects you can't even see anything that you might be shooting.

Well it's written by the guy that wrote Red Dawn...so what did you expect?

Anyway I would have thought right wingers like yourself would lap up such shit! You know, the whole defend Freedom lovin' Amurika and Mom and Apple Pie from dem godless Commies! ;)

Phelot

Arcane
commie said:
phelot said:

Well it's written by the guy that wrote Red Dawn...so what did you expect?

O RLY!!! Didn't know that. I liked Red Dawn, of course, but this looks stupid.

Anyway I would have thought right wingers like yourself would lap up such shit! You know, the whole defend Freedom lovin' Amurika and Mom and Apple Pie from dem godless Commies! ;)

You never rest, do you?

attackfighter

Magister
Red Dawn was retarded and so is this

a country of 25 million people with a gdp of 20 billion dollars conquers the world... Canada has a better chance ffs.

Erzherzog

Magister
I can't tell what I find more amusing, a satellite that manages to take out America (and essentially only america) or their depiction of Kim Jong Un

commie said:
Well it's more believable now than it seemed at the start when they first announced it. A United Japo-Korean empire would theoretically be able to rape the KWA if it wanted to. I like that they don't invade China, but add the weaker Vietnamese, Thai, Bangladesh, Indonesian nations.
500px-HA_HA_HA%2C_OH_WOW.jpg

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
commie said:

How exactly? The Korean Empire depicted on the map covers the same geography as the Japanese Empire circa January 1942. Given how dominant the US navy is today, it would be very feasible to dismantle such a maritime empire again.

Just looked it up: a Pacific war would fall under the operational area of two US fleets comprising 200 odd vessels and at least 6 carrier battle groups. If the shit really hit the fan, then vessels and task forces from the four other US fleets could be tasked for Pacific operations. I'm not sure how many Marine Expeditionary Forces are a part of these fleets, but it would surely be significant. Bring the Army into the war, and I simply do not see how the Koreans would ever have the combat power to wage a conventional war against the US.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Luzur said:
A TRUE WORLD LEADER

Indeed, and he was the brother deemed least loser-ish. Apparently the eldest spends his time boozing and whoring, and the middle son spends his time playing Asian MMOs all day.

Is it a Korea reunified under North or South leadership? North Korea would have no chance. South Korea, IF allied with Japan (not able to do much in a fight since its pretty much held hostage by the US, but has the ability to develop similar weapons and has nuclear capability), supplied by China (because small Korea has no fucking chance industrially without a lot of backing from them), and given time to prepare with the US unaware (or potentially prepared by the US as a defense against China, then turning on the US), I could see them being able to at least contest the US in a war for the region. Certainly not wage a successful attack on the North American continent, that possibility is reserved strictly for China I'm afraid.

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
In the aftermath of a devastating global energy crisis, America's industries and resources have been brutally seized by a nuclear-armed North Korea. The military is dismantled and civil liberties are crushed. Abandoned by her former allies, The United States is a nation under siege, a bleak landscape of walled towns and abandoned suburbs. This is a police state where high school stadiums have become detention centers, where shopping malls shelter armored attack vehicles. A once-free people are now prisoners, or collaborators, or revolutionaries.
Someone played Freedom Fighters.

Consequently the same person wanted to make a FPS based on a similar premise, possibly as successful as that other game-that-sells-like-burgers in the genre. Too bad there was almost no communist countries left on the worldmap, which would jump in for the (nowadays) non-existing and surreal Soviet Bearland... Wait! There is one, and it's mean, and it posseses nuclear weapons, and it hates the Sovereign States and... It became perfect! Everything made sense in a single moment!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom