Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for weird games.

thursday

Novice
Lightknight said:
Ehh...there was this one IF where you play a junkie trying to get clean, and walking around your consciousness, periodically shifting back to reality, really weird shit, but quite atmospheric. I'll tell you the name of it if i remember.

Was it Andrew Plotkin's "Shade"? Most stuff by that guy is weird to some degree. If you want to get into IF, also check out "Spider and Web" by the same fellow for one of the best Eureka moments in all of gaming.

Seconding baby arm's cactus recommendation if you're in the mood for some particularly sick stuff.

I read an article a while back about a freeware game where you play as a SAW-esque serial kidnapper/torturer called Beautiful Escape. I never played it, but it looked weird. The guy who made it is also now apparently working on a game that's all about sex.

Another rec for Pathologic, for those who haven't played it. I fucking love that game. Also, go buy Cargo! (also fucking weird) so Ice Pick can make something new. I read they were planning a multiple-character bildungsroman with design elements of minecraft applied to narrative. I have no idea how that would work, but I want them to make it.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
thursday said:
Also, go buy Cargo! (also fucking weird) so Ice Pick can make something new.

you cunningly neglected to mention that cargo is not a very fun game to play at all and the manbabies are horrible things when they're talking

thursday

Novice
sgc_meltdown said:
thursday said:
Also, go buy Cargo! (also fucking weird) so Ice Pick can make something new.

you cunningly neglected to mention that cargo is not a very fun game to play at all and the manbabies are horrible things when they're talking

This is unfortunately true--but then I don't think any of IPLs games could be said to be "fun" to play (the difference: Cargo is just silly rather than morose). I just want those crazy Russians to stay in business. I do, however, wish they would go back to their magical realist roots and cut back on the art department idea diarrhea that's characterized their last two games (not that this is a bad thing).

Speaking of the manbabies, I motion for a new codex emoticon. It would be the perfect fusion of :potato: and :retardo:

band.jpg

CorpseZeb

Learned
How 'bout “Operation Matriarchy”... Pretty weird stuff (I can't force myself to shoot those cabinet-shaped-mutated-women... just can't...).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Speaking of fatman, reminded me of "tongue of the fatman", that welll... see for yourself:

mondu-anim.gif

http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/179

I am also reminded of

choaniki-18.png

ai-cho-aniki9.gif

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/sexual-games/10.php
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/choaniki/choaniki.htm

Or

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/tifatan/tifatan.htm
I don't have a image from the article, but it involves tifa from ff7 being raped if she loses the sidescrolling beatemup.

Gamers and programmers... a unfortunate combination.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom