Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Okay, thanks Pope Amole II

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Hmm, does this game expect you to grind? I'm about done with all that steady encounters I can reasonably tackle in Velengard, and the encounters left are squarely out of my league (as in, my characters die before even getting their turn).

I was in a similar situation after clearing out the mushroom forrest (of the small ones). If you haven't yet, take out the guards leading to the castle road near the southern exit of town. In there is a game sanctuary on the way to the castle. It has reasonable encounters with good exp/loot. I did 2 levels of grinding there before taking the prince out and it helped. The haul from the sanctuary is enough to find the grind.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's not aproblem now that I learned I'm supposed to clear areas :)

Is quite a clever system, each area has a limited set of encounters, that get harder as you beat them. Beat all and it turns into a safe zone and you get bonus XP.

Yeah, and the ressource system ensures it's not just free to do so. This game has a surprising amount of thought put into its systems. Though as Pope predicted my Arcane Soldier is a shadow of my Barbarian. Dunno why really, seems simple to just reduce their skill costs, that would go a long way to reduce their utter inferiority.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Must be early game issue, my Arcane Soldier was the most powerful of the party, his bleed attack + bleed blade would destroy most enemies.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I hope you're right! If so I'm glad I didn't listen to Pope :M

He's not. Everything that an AS can do with bleed attack, a Paladin can do better. A soldier as well. And thief with shuriken+katana&quickstrike combo is also much better at bleeding.

Renevent

Cipher
I'm only level 13 atm so maybe this changes later on, but I'm finding the arcane soldier to be awesome. Def the highest dmg dealer for my melee line-up, and his "tricks" are very useful especially the frost attack which is good for slowing down tougher enemies.

Here's my party atm:

Arcane Soldier Paladin Adventurer
Wizard Cleric Rogue

I'd say the rogue is the weakest character in my group by a long shot. Obviously the lock picking/disarm skills are useful but damage wise he stinks.

Whiran

Magister
Is there anyway to see whether an area is cleared or not?
There is a pop up with bonus xp when you clear the zone.

But after that, I haven't noticed any symbol that displays that an area is clear. You could use a map marker type note when the clear happens to keep track of it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Whiran

Magister
Nah, I'm asking because I've run around a while in an area where I'm pretty sure I haven't cleared.
Unfortunately the random encounters are very random.

I wish there was a button for 'next encounter.' :)

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
That would mess with the resource system tho.
Easy fix change the button to 'wait for encounter' that uses up the food resources.

Interesting point - I don't think I agree.

The game does not do easy fixes - not really. You are supposed to more around and explore.

What happens to the wait for encounter when an area is fully explored and clear?

What happens to the wait for encounter that uses up food resources and then when you hit an encounter - afterwards you don't have enough resources to get back to anywhere and your entire party keels over and dies? It could get messy.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So when is this going to be released on gog? This is one of those games where I will buy it at full retail (even though I have a huge backlist and currently playing W2 and replying Dark Souls) to support the developer

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Blind idiots made me break my days of lurking.

Anyways, you can see whether you've cleared an area by looking at the globe on top of your minimap. It'll be red if enemies are close, yellow if there are still random encounters in the area and sort-of whiteish if its cleared. And if you right-click it, you get a pop-up that tells you the situation.

fyo2fq.jpg

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ Cool. There seem to be areas that never run out of enemies; the small forest in the second area of the game for instance.

By the way, I am either blind like 4249 claims or really bad at this game. I'm now level 6 with decent equipment and I've cleared out everything. I can't kill groups of four AoE mushrooms (I'm lucky if I manage to even get my turn with the constant sleep spam) or the massive 8-man groups of soldiers on the way to the next area.

My only idea now is to grind that small forest till I'm level 10 or something, and 1) I'm not doing that, 2) It can't be right. What am I missing?

So when is this going to be released on gog?

Did they say it was going to be?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom