Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Shinoseki Adachi made a promise and he keeps his promises, no matter what. :rpgcodex:

B.

Besides, if he doesn't, there probably will be another mass murder case.
You are assuming Maeda won't go to the mansion on her own? There may be another murder case anyway, in other words.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Maeda, on the other hand, were a clan of travelling diviners, who had their roots in Yomiki and their branches throughout the land.
Z1ybo.jpg
Will be very disappointed if this doesn't end up in the next update. :M

There, they renamed themselves Kimura in honor of their adoptive village, and served as warrior guardians to the three founding families, protecting the priests in their shrine, the artisans in their workshop, and the blind diviners in their travels.
What does he mean, 'blind' diviners? Were Maedas required to mutilate themselves for their piligrimages, or were they just wearing blindfolds? What did the Ritual of Seeing entail?

Though the Witch and the Maiden would usually descend into the vessels of the Tendou, there have been rare instances of their incarnation in vessels of the branch families, from time to time.
But who are the Witch and the Maiden? Especially the former. Or was that never explained?

You are assuming Maeda won't go to the mansion on her own? There may be another murder case anyway, in other words.
She might. But I am not bending my word for her unless there is a clear, distinct danger.

I wonder how many times we can let Maeda die in this LP? Quite a few, it would seem.

Kz3r0

Arcane
You would regret not picking up some demon killing skills from the old man.
Why there isn't a parrot there?
:hmmm:
Going with Nami makes more sense, on the other hand going straight to the mansion is not wise either.
I choose:
B
Let's hope for the best.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What does he mean, 'blind' diviners? Were Maedas required to mutilate themselves for their piligrimages, or were they just wearing blindfolds? What did the Ritual of Seeing entail?

But who are the Witch and the Maiden? Especially the former. Or was that never explained?

You could ask the Tendou, who are sure to know the details, or Maeda Yukina, who might have a better idea than the average villager. Kimura's ramblings were long and disconnected, and the specifics of other families weren't as important to him as retelling war stories of his ancestors and how they shaped the nation.

Kz3r0

Arcane
treave going to pick vegetables doen't imply going out of the village or any SPLAT! place right?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, but eating Yukina's vegetable stew means you wake up all tied up and ready to be her husband in her house's secret room forever and ever and ever without any other pesky women getting in the way.

Nevill

Arcane
They have just one change of clothes. If they are merchants, they are rather down on their luck.

I doubt their hut has all that many rooms, let alone secret ones, so at least that bullet is dodged.

Kz3r0

Arcane
No, but eating Yukina's vegetable stew means you wake up all tied up and ready to be her husband in her house's secret room forever and ever and ever without any other pesky women getting in the way.
Is that a bad thing?

Seeing as how it's probably the only way we will get laid, I'd vote for the stew.

Nevill

Arcane
By the way, why do we call one woman Maeda and the other Yukina? They are both Maedas.

Clearly we should call them by their names to better distinguish them. :M

It'd actually be more in character to call them both "Maeda-san" and not refer to either of them by their names.

Nevill

Arcane
Shush! I am trying to make a plausible transition to the first name basis here! :rpgcodex:

Besides, if we call them both 'Maeda-san', how would they know which one of them we refer to?

you say that like it's a bad thing. hilarity will abound.

"Maeda-san, you go left. Maeda-san, you go right."

"Wait, which one of us goes right?", Yukina asks hesitantly.

"Maeda-san goes right."

Both girls stare at you silently.

Nevill

Arcane
you say that like it's a bad thing. hilarity will abound.
Eh, eventually Yukina will transition into -chan territory anyway and the perks of the situation will vanish.

Anyway, did anyone consider that Maeda might not really be Maeda? Her being able to see Ei and recognize us as Shinoseki - with a degree of doubt - had me raise an eyebrow. Would others be able to see our guardian angel as well if they were here?

It could be explained away since she is not native to the 'bubble', but nothing beats good old Shulgi hunting. :roll:

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am quite interested why Yukina called us Shinoseki-sama, at the first she thought we were a thief then she proceeds treating us as royalty, just submission to the patriarchy?

Nevill She's seen the void. It would undoubtedly have changed her. As would killing herself. But I will put that in my paranoia file for future reference.

Nevill

Arcane
I am quite interested why Yukina called us Shinoseki-sama, at the first she thought we were a thief then she proceeds treating us as royalty, just submission to the patriarchy?
We do not speak and behave like your average peasant or vagabond. She took us for a cultured man, and more often than not it would mean we came from an upper class.

Besides, she is submissive. She also addressed us as 'sir' from the get go.

She is calling us 'san' now, probably because she got used to us a bit.

Nevill She's seen the void.
Is seeing it alone enough? I thought you had to pass through it for it to affect you in any way except for critical SAN hit... :roll:
The Fox Mask Guy said:
"That was a splendid move, I must say. He fell for the bait that you set so thoroughly that you were free to dive into the sea of the underworld yet again, for the twelfth and hopefully final time,” smiles the man proudly.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom