Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lunacid - first-person RPG inspired by King's Field and Shadow Tower - now on Early Access

Sacibengala

Prophet

I'm glad this shit was dirty cheap. I was already concerned for the final product quality when I saw that anime crap design for a certain NPC.

And I'm not against people being whatever the hell they want to be. The problem is in the little bitches milking social issues to look cool on social media.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
They are similar in mentality to the speedrunning people (also trans and gays). They channel that same sperg energy, that disconnect and distaste they have for reality, into game making. On rare occasions, it works out pretty good, as is the case with this game.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Everyone who bought this game deserves what they get. Stop paying for games that aren't finished and released yet you idiots.

Kruyurk

Learned
Games that look cool only from the visual/ambiance are a red flag for me now. Too often it means that the game built interest solely from its aesthetic, and not from the actual gameplay. So I am really interested to know if the gameplay holds up.

Turn_BASED

Educated
Games that look cool only from the visual/ambiance are a red flag for me now. Too often it means that the game built interest solely from its aesthetic, and not from the actual gameplay. So I am really interested to know if the gameplay holds up.
It does not. The exploration is really underwhelming after you soak it in and the combat is too easy once you figure out each enemy's weaknesses (you will very quickly). It boils down to using weapons with the correct element type to burn through everything quickly.

The dev took King's Field and did not improve upon it outside of visuals/atmosphere, which are admittedly great.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interested to see Jenkem's take on this.
the dev uses they/them and identifies as a "magical cat" or something so clearly he has issues but none of his games push troon shit, besides the pronouns in lunacid if you want to claim it's pushing troon shit.. to me, looking at his tweet, it seems like a shitpost in response to the AZ meme of "FUCKING PRONOUNS!!" the reason I think it's a shitpost is because he straight up said he did it to piss people off and it has no actual use in the game whatsoever and only appears during chargen, it doesn't even appear on your stats page AFAIK. this combined with the fact most of the pronouns listed are absolutely insane and it's easily edited tells me it's a shitpost and I think people are overreacting. most of the crazies who are into pushing this shit would NOT make it so easily edited and would shove it in your face as much as possible during gameplay. I've also heard some trannies and SJWs are mad BECAUSE it doesn't do anything and is just a chargen swatch. so if dev is just trolling he did it very successfully to piss off both camps

as for the game it's alright, definitely worth the early access price of 7 bucks, dunno if it's worth the full amount tbqh

Jinn

Arcane
the dev uses they/them and identifies as a "magical cat" or something so clearly he has issues but none of his games push troon shit, besides the pronouns in lunacid if you want to claim it's pushing troon shit.. to me, looking at his tweet, it seems like a shitpost in response to the AZ meme of "FUCKING PRONOUNS!!" the reason I think it's a shitpost is because he straight up said he did it to piss people off and it has no actual use in the game whatsoever and only appears during chargen, it doesn't even appear on your stats page AFAIK. this combined with the fact most of the pronouns listed are absolutely insane and it's easily edited tells me it's a shitpost and I think people are overreacting. most of the crazies who are into pushing this shit would NOT make it so easily edited and would shove it in your face as much as possible during gameplay. I've also heard some trannies and SJWs are mad BECAUSE it doesn't do anything and is just a chargen swatch. so if dev is just trolling he did it very successfully to piss off both camps

as for the game it's alright, definitely worth the early access price of 7 bucks, dunno if it's worth the full amount tbqh
Noted and

:updatedmytxt:

Seems slightly hypocritical that you aren't as outraged as you normally seem to be in these types of situations, but I'm ultimately happy you aren't.

As for myself, Sacibengala said it best. I don't care if people want to be whatever they want to. When you use the bullshit as a tool to generate conversation and visibility for whatever you're working on, you're not only sullying your supposed stand that you're taking, but you're also a slimy cunt. Won't buy, won't play.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Noted and

:updatedmytxt:

Seems slightly hypocritical that you aren't as outraged as you normally seem to be in these types of situations, but I'm ultimately happy you aren't.

As for myself, Sacibengala said it best. I don't care if people want to be whatever they want to. When you use the bullshit as a tool to generate conversation and visibility for whatever you're working on, you're not only sullying your supposed stand that you're taking, but you're also a slimy cunt. Won't buy, won't play.

care to give actual examples that aren't part of some fanfiction created by a cadre of cads? for instance, multiple people accused me of "spamming the selaco thread" when the only relevant post was me sharing a screenshot and simply stating "yeah, I'm out." just because infinitron splits the thread and puts that post as the OP and gives it some sensational title doesn't mean anything related to me.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Its a good game. If you would have enjoyed it before the pronouns but can't enjoy it because of them, then it's your loss.

Jinn

Arcane
care to give actual examples that aren't part of some fanfiction created by a cadre of cads? for instance, multiple people accused me of "spamming the selaco thread" when the only relevant post was me sharing a screenshot and simply stating "yeah, I'm out." just because infinitron splits the thread and puts that post as the OP and gives it some sensational title doesn't mean anything related to me.
Sure I could scour several thread to do so, but I'm not going to right now, and maybe never will.

Its a good game. If you would have enjoyed it before the pronouns but can't enjoy it because of them, then it's your loss.
Got plenty of actual Fromsoft classics to play and replay. It's cool they're doing this, but I doubt it's anywhere near the quality of what has come before.

sosmoflux

Educated
Obviously it's a bit like kings field
But yeah, good game, fun to vibe to while listening to a podcast or audio book

Arthandas

Prophet
Screenshot-2023-11-02-164916.png

:despair:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Well, he got what he wanted when he posted that he was adding pronouns to make people mad. They love attention so much.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1745510?emclan=103582791470715224&emgid=3773513676617442259
Hi addressing some complaints here. Version 1.0 added pronouns to character creation in Lunacid, which some people are upset about because they exist, and some people are upset because they think it’s a cheap tactic to make people mad, and that I’m hurting people who normally use them.

Originally yes, I did add them as a spiteful response to a similar drama about Starfield. Earlier than that when I noticed them in Baulder’s Gate 3 I was happy that I could be my NB self, and thought wow I really should have added them in my Character Creator. I’ve had similar ideas about adding a gender slider in the past. But that idea didn’t really have a purpose in my eyes until I got mad that day.

Some people who are quoting my tweet have also been leaving out my second one, where I clarified a bit because I thought it could be interpreted badly. I said this under my “I’m adding em, Just to make people mad”,

In a fantasy world you should be able to be whatever you want.

I do think it helps roleplaying a bit, even though there’s no place they are used in-game. I tried to think of some scenarios when they would be used, but talking about the player in third person only happens once in the game, and it’s after the final boss anyway.

Games should be a safe place, where we can experience a world we cannot in real life. And while pronouns are more and more commonplace in real life, where I live in NC, they are not. Which gives me more of a reaction than some to outrages over this small thing.

I wanted to use my control over my world, but I understand that Lunacid isn’t just mine. It belongs to all of you. If you don’t like pronouns existing at all, you are going to have a tougher and tougher time coping as the world progresses without you. And if I hurt you because you feel that I weaponized your differences or your pain, then I am very sorry.

I want this game to be uplifting, I want it to be a dream in which you can experience triumph over impossible odds and then wake up at the end and bring newfound confidence with you. In reality I am just emulating the dreams I had when I was near ending my life. They became lucid and when I triumphed in them and woke up, I brought those feelings with me, and they helped me. That’s what this game is about, and if I’m doing the opposite then I’m not a very good game designer

Elttharion

Learned
Well, he got what he wanted when he posted that he was adding pronouns to make people mad. They love attention so much.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1745510?emclan=103582791470715224&emgid=3773513676617442259
Hi addressing some complaints here. Version 1.0 added pronouns to character creation in Lunacid, which some people are upset about because they exist, and some people are upset because they think it’s a cheap tactic to make people mad, and that I’m hurting people who normally use them.

Originally yes, I did add them as a spiteful response to a similar drama about Starfield. Earlier than that when I noticed them in Baulder’s Gate 3 I was happy that I could be my NB self, and thought wow I really should have added them in my Character Creator. I’ve had similar ideas about adding a gender slider in the past. But that idea didn’t really have a purpose in my eyes until I got mad that day.

Some people who are quoting my tweet have also been leaving out my second one, where I clarified a bit because I thought it could be interpreted badly. I said this under my “I’m adding em, Just to make people mad”,

In a fantasy world you should be able to be whatever you want.

I do think it helps roleplaying a bit, even though there’s no place they are used in-game. I tried to think of some scenarios when they would be used, but talking about the player in third person only happens once in the game, and it’s after the final boss anyway.

Games should be a safe place, where we can experience a world we cannot in real life. And while pronouns are more and more commonplace in real life, where I live in NC, they are not. Which gives me more of a reaction than some to outrages over this small thing.

I wanted to use my control over my world, but I understand that Lunacid isn’t just mine. It belongs to all of you. If you don’t like pronouns existing at all, you are going to have a tougher and tougher time coping as the world progresses without you. And if I hurt you because you feel that I weaponized your differences or your pain, then I am very sorry.

I want this game to be uplifting, I want it to be a dream in which you can experience triumph over impossible odds and then wake up at the end and bring newfound confidence with you. In reality I am just emulating the dreams I had when I was near ending my life. They became lucid and when I triumphed in them and woke up, I brought those feelings with me, and they helped me. That’s what this game is about, and if I’m doing the opposite then I’m not a very good game designer
The tranny cries out in pain as he strikes you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom