Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering

Andhaira

Arcane
Anyone remember this puppy? It was a great game. basically yuo walked around and had duels' with npc opponenets including other planeswalkers, druids, mages, and dragons. ALL the cards from the game (uptill that point) were included with all their artwork. Looked very nice, and it wasn't easy by any means.

Though I never finished it because it got very repetitive I spent many fun hours in the game. Its avialble from abandonware sites and its a great way to kill time.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Actually, I have this installed right now and I play it every once in a while. I gave up on the boring single-player adventure and exclusively play the sealed deck tournament.

Phelot

Arcane
I spent all this money on the actual cards and had some "OMG IS WORTH $$$" only to find out that nowadays the game is stupid and no one plays it so the cards are worthless. :(

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Actually, I have this installed right now and I play it every once in a while. I gave up on the boring single-player adventure and exclusively play the sealed deck tournament.

Same here. I LOVED this game. Years ago I was able to make a deck that was utterly unbeatable. Except I tried to do that again, but I wish I would have written down what my deck was. The deck I have now is almost unbeatable, but sometimes I get my ass kicked. bleh.

Major_Boobage said:
phelot said:
I spent all this money on the actual cards and had some "OMG IS WORTH $$$" only to find out that nowadays the game is stupid and no one plays it so the cards are worthless. :(

Yes, i thought i had all kinds of great cards. Now 13 years later it seems they all suck.

Funny, the last time I spoke with MTG players they told me that the prices of old cards have only increased. And they still bought them.

I prefer Vampire : The Eternal Struggle, which would be the game I still play the most. A five-player game with cool people is my favourite pastime. In no other game has anyone said to me "Fuck, you're cheap!".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom