Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Magic to Master - Immersive Multiplayer Fantasy "MMORPG"

Myobi

Liturgist
The KKKodex has seen its share of shill accounts, but never so much concentrated groveling in a single thread.
wut?

gamerteam500

Literate
Dear RPGCodex community, we are happy to announce that we have sent our game review invitation to RPGCodex's official Curator connected to Steam to review our game and provide the most accurate and unbiased review. Over 2000 Curators, including but not limited to RPGCodex, are expected to review our game. We will update here.

Myobi

Liturgist
19 days to go, at 13% of goal trending towards 37% of it. I'll pray even harder.

Myobi

Liturgist
Ah yes, freshly made account, "MMORPG", "indie" and "Kickstarter", I'm actually surprised the lack of "Unity" in it, this will be great.

I hate to tell you I told you so... but...

Sem-T-tulo.jpg

I told you this would be great ~ so much for the "19 days" I guess.

Eisen

Learned
Ah yes, freshly made account, "MMORPG", "indie" and "Kickstarter", I'm actually surprised the lack of "Unity" in it, this will be great.

Sem-T-tulo.jpg

It seems that they've stolen assets from an MMORPG called Metin2

Myobi

Liturgist

Sem-T-tulo.jpg

Oh, out of boredom decided to give this another quick look, it's even better than expected...

https://massivelyop.com/2023/05/30/...w-supporting-kickstarter-mmo-magic-to-master/

"The first is that the game’s Kickstarter includes “testimonial reviews” from multiple websites – including, to our amazement, ours. The problem is that we never wrote what it claims we wrote. Nobody here has ever even played this game. We don’t do reviews, let alone testimonials. We don’t award stars. And if somebody turned in an article with that many typos and random words capitalized and a total lack of substantive content, a major rewrite would be in order."

What a fucking gem....

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Long story short, Tuyuk Chucklefuck abused the DMCA against Callum Upton when Callum investigated the game. It turns out that the entire thing is a scam where the Tuyuk Fuckface repackaged Metin 2 and tried to claim it as his own. Magic 2 Master is a private server for Metin 2. Gameforge who owns Metin 2 has destroyed this private server through DMCA strikes on all platforms.

Myobi

Liturgist
That fucking explains why we got "hero engine" instead of Unity in our "MMORPG"' "indie", "kickstater" wombo combo lottery.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
That fucking explains why we got "hero engine" instead of Unity in our "MMORPG"' "indie", "kickstater" wombo combo lottery.

Yup and that's part of why Gameforge got a judgment against Tacik Fatfuck for $600,000 for a prior lawsuit for copyright infringement on monetizing the M2M private server.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
We have prepared a short video for you below.

Surely if you were a studio based in Colorado, like your legal info states, you wouldn't have need for an AI-generated voice for English, would you?
You wouldn't be an odd mixture of Mexicans, Turks and Hungarians that only meet online, would you?

I called it on the first page.
Almost everything these people have stated is a lie, including most of the pictures of individuals depicted on their 'team' page, as well as supposed offices in Colorado.
Speaking of, that page is taken down! :lol:

gamerteam500

Literate

We told you so.. :)

Hello, dear rpgcodex community,

gameforge's baseless and untrue claim was completely unwarranted. For a while, they tried to justify themselves. Of course, justice and the judiciary made the right decision. Our YouTube channel, which was shut down, was reinstated due to the groundlessness and baselessness of the claim. The copyright of our game has been proven. Now it is time to remove the claim on the Kickstarter campaign page.

https://www.youtube.com/magictomaster

We have said it before and we say it again. The tree that bears fruit bears stones, that's the law of the world. All hail gameforge, the deplorable game company that hired these publishers, Callum Upton and SidAlpha, to do our PR work for the public.

The details of our news were announced the previous day.
https://laniatusgames.com/unfounded-allegations-met-with-legal-action/

The Kickstarter campaign page has been discontinued, so it will no longer be live. The game will be released somehow. We apologize for the delay,
Regards.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
Lol! Of course, and then that evil company hired Massively OP to have some Chinese child writing you a review, just to pretend after that they never wrote shit after.

We understand, greedy companies hiring professional haters, it happens all the time with these crowfunded MMORPGs made by never heard of developers, they just don't want you to succeed! Don't let the dream die my shady ass little Indian by the name of John Smith, we trust in you! Don't let the dream die!

We have prepared a short video for you below.

Surely if you were a studio based in Colorado, like your legal info states, you wouldn't have need for an AI-generated voice for English, would you?
You wouldn't be an odd mixture of Mexicans, Turks and Hungarians that only meet online, would you?

I called it on the first page.
Almost everything these people have stated is a lie, including most of the pictures of individuals depicted on their 'team' page, as well as supposed offices in Colorado.
Speaking of, that page is taken down! :lol:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230602210419/https://laniatusgames.com/our-studio/

https://laniatusgames.com/team/

Lol! Some big fucking changes seem to have happened with the dream team.

Last edited:

gamerteam500

Literate
Doesn't it frustrate you that every attack is fruitless :) Believe me, I enjoy it very much, you are constantly aggressive even though I show all my good intentions and my sincere and transparent approach. Let me write it over and over again if it will annoy you and you can go crazy.

And last but not least, I'm proud to work in digital marketing for Laniatus because the company is constantly turning people like you into a broken record. It proves itself by defeating every slander. So I'm proud of that, and you can go back to being crazy and looking for places to attack.

I lost count, come on, tag these too... ;)
775x8sq.jpg

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
It proves itself by defeating every slander.

Yes, by illegally using the law to shut down all criticism. Also, slander is a very specific legal term. Reporting something that you don't like isn't slander. That's protected speech.

You sound butthurt. I suggest you use some cream and to stop stealing from another company.

Hello thank you for your time and kindness. Our account may be new but I have just discovered this community (rpgcodex) and i have no intention of leaving it. I believe that there will be much better things after our game starts, because I didn't know that there was such a big forum on the Internet in the RPG base. I corrected my typos when I wrote the keywords. Our goal is not to get people hopeful and then extinguish it. We have a vision and a mission. Our players are our most valuable asset. We will never deviate from this line. You will see this in time.
Here, I generated your next 10 posts with GPT in the same vein. Feel free to take a break.

Furthermore, as we embark on this exciting journey, we intend to immerse ourselves in the rich tapestry of knowledge and advice that this forum provides. We believe that the success of our game development venture is inherently tied to the invaluable insights and feedback that we'll receive from this dedicated community of RPG enthusiasts.

The core of our mission is to create experiences that resonate with players on a deep level, engaging them through both immersive narratives and compelling gameplay. We are committed to learning and growing alongside this community, absorbing all the feedback we receive, both praise and criticism, as invaluable contributions that will shape our game and propel it to the next level.

Being a part of RPGCodex doesn't just mean participating in discussions about role-playing games, it means being a part of a community that understands and appreciates the depth and complexity that these games can offer. It's a commitment we don't take lightly, and one that we're excited to embrace.

In terms of our vision, we're focused on creating a game that doesn't just draw players in, but keeps them captivated. It's a lofty goal, but one we're willing to pursue relentlessly. Your patience, support, and feedback will be invaluable tools for us on this journey.

We're eager to start this journey with you, and we can't wait to share what we've been working on. In the coming weeks and months, we hope to reveal more about our game and listen to your thoughts and ideas. We know that together, we can create something truly extraordinary.

Remember, we're here for you, we're here with you, and most importantly, we're here because of you. Your love for RPGs fuels our passion to create, and we can't wait to build something amazing together. Thank you once again for welcoming us into this vibrant community. Let's embark on this journey together and create something truly special.
Reads a lot like a CEO quarterly "key message" company wide email.

gamerteam500

Literate

Yes, by illegally using the law to shut down all criticism. Also, slander is a very specific legal term. Reporting something that you don't like isn't slander. That's protected speech.

You sound butthurt. I suggest you use some cream and to stop stealing from another company.
I wish there was a real Laniatus staff member here instead of me and you could speak in front of him like that. Laniatus' game M2M is an international intellectual property. That's why there was no response to the counter-notification and gameforge couldn't sue. Because it's a game with legal documentation that has been proven by Spectrogram analysis that its assets do not belong to Webzen. Stealing from other companies is an art known only to those of you who are familiar with the term. If it was stolen, then gameforge should have been able to sue. Despite all the warnings, it couldn't. Have you ever wondered why? Or rather, have you thought to investigate instead of talking about it? I guess not, so let me answer.

Gameforge does not have the sole authority to represent and publish Webzen's game Metin2. That's why any company that pays for it can use the I.P. authorization for a game. Many companies such as G4Box, Tec Interactive, OnGame Studio can represent the Metin2 game. For this reason, Webzen company has never authorized its dealers to use Trademarks in any way. I.P franchises can only publish the game. The intellectual property of the game belongs to the creative company. Therefore, franchises cannot file a trademark lawsuit unless the creative company decides to do so. Here's a funny example, go up to the face of an iPhone seller and say, "I've opened a shop down the street and I'm going to sell iPhones." Do you think the seller will say "no you can't! I'm an Apple reseller, I'll sue you"? Or will he say, "Suit yourself, but you have to be an official Apple reseller. Ask them" ? :)You cannot sue for a trademark that you do not own. Imagine that you can, all the art and assets of the game in front of you is a new intellectual property that you cannot prove. What would be your defense? "This game is designed to look like my game! Does that infringe on my rights?", wouldn't you say? Have you ever researched Rise Online and Knight Online?

Don't be funny, don't be so funny and embarrass yourself anymore. Learn how the industry works first. Then find the right to speak. First learn to be fair and speak honestly. Then you can talk about laws and jurisprudence.

pickmeister

Learned
Yeah, we get it, you have a humiliation fetish, so you keep coming here for more.

Myobi

Liturgist
Doesn't it frustrate you that every attack is fruitless :) Believe me, I enjoy it very much, you are constantly aggressive even though I show all my good intentions and my sincere and transparent approach. Let me write it over and over again if it will annoy you and you can go crazy.

Hummmmmm....

Spent all my pocket money on Star Citizen JPGs, to the moon, to the moon! Sorry dawg, best of luck.
Yes, you can have my thoughts and prayers.
19 days to go, at 13% of goal trending towards 37% of it. I'll pray even harder.

Sem-T-tulo.jpg

Lol! Of course, and then that evil company hired Massively OP to have some Chinese child writing you a review, just to pretend after that they never wrote shit after.

We understand, greedy companies hiring professional haters, it happens all the time with these crowfunded MMORPGs made by never heard of developers, they just don't want you to succeed! Don't let the dream die my shady ass little Indian by the name of John Smith, we trust in you! Don't let the dream die!

https://web.archive.org/web/20230602210419/https://laniatusgames.com/our-studio/

https://laniatusgames.com/team/

Lol! Some big fucking changes seem to have happened with the dream team.

Yes, much attack, very aggressive, such craziness!

"Frustrated" however, does sound like desperate attempt at projection for someone who's insulting people around while accusing them of slender... look, I do understand, my deepest apologies that your shitty cash grab isn't working out as planned, I don't really know what to tell you, maybe just use a spellchecker next time you start writing fake reviews from websites that never even heard of you or some shit, fuck if I know.

… but look, the point is that right now what you need to do is to ignore all those mindless haters! People are just jealous of your amazing talent, therefore should just focus on the positive, you set yourself out to entertain people with your brilliant creativity, and entertaining people you fucking have! ...and I, am very fucking thankful for that, great work, keep it up, do not disappoint.

Don't be funny, don't be so funny and embarrass yourself anymore. Learn how the industry works first. Then find the right to speak. First learn to be fair and speak honestly.

:smug:

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

I'm a moron and I play with dolls. I'm such a pathetic loser that I wear a ball gag and love to be spanked by Taychek Loserface.

You don't say.

Myobi

Liturgist
Lol! Just now I started checking the snot trail this guy left behind, holy fucking shit! The man is like the Johnny Sins of gaming industry! He plays the role of game developer, lawyer, game reviewers, fan-base, even his own development team... and in the end he always fucks it up brutally hard.

TL;DR version of this shit show from my understanding:

This big boned brilliant "game developer" got his hands on the files of a custom private server for Metin 2 and decided to profit from it by re-branding the damn thing as his own standalone project.

YouTubers got a sniff of that rotten smell and started digging around it, but Mr D'large Curry Smell over here didn't like that, therefore he admittedly abused YouTubes DMCA strike system to take the video down.

Obviously that only made it even worse, the video was reviewed n restored by YouTube, and now, the stench of rot vastly increased, drawing even larger fish to it, making our friend Fat n Furious all butt-hurt about it to the point where he started role-playing as a lawyer threatening people with legal action.

Meanwhile their already dead on the water Kickstarter page was taken down by a DMCA from Gameforge, the company that published Metin 2 in EU & US, and later on canceled by the creator as “This project has been removed from visibility at the request of the creator.” sounds a little better than “This project got ass blasted by Gameforge for stealing their shit.”.

The rest is just the usual cookie-cutter 101 “I want free from money from internet idiots” wannabe game developer bullshit, poorly written fake testimonials from large gaming websites for “testing purposes” (yes, that was the excuse excuse for it), self-victimization by translating everything slightly negative to slander, attacks and aggression not just towards him, but towards the entire indie development, censorship as not only he abuses the DMCA system to attempt to silence those “slanderers” but even has bots on his discord server to block terms such as “Metin”...

Shit, he even attempts to paint his Steam page as a big accomplishment and a victory, Steam DIRECT is like the last resort for everyone of these “game developers” after failing miserably to squeeze ridiculous amounts of cash via Kickstarter, funnily enough the page right now is only followed by one single person (probably himself).

I don't even know what crossed your mind when you decided to use a website like codex to advertise that sort of trash, you can pretend to “enjoy it” as much as you want, but the truth is when given the chance you'll censor that sort of shit right away even if it means abusing DMCA for it, sadly for you, there ain't many rules here you can exploit to prevent people like me from “attacking” you, I could sit here making fun of your useless dumb street shitting lardass for being so god damn awful at playing pretend.

That said, now you can now go ahead and cry all you want that I'm a meanie while shoving up your “good, sincere and transparent” intentions up yours, credit where credit is due, they are pretty fucking transparent alright.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom