Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mask of the Betrayer help request

Saxon1974

Prophet
I haven't played the game in a while.

Im currently at version 1.10.1116

when i try and update the game, it tries to download and install this patch:

nwn2_pcx1_english_from1101116_to1111152.zip

But I get this error message:

Invalid Patch File
The patch file may be corrupted. You may need to obtain a new copy of the patch file.
For assistance, please visit Atari's support web page.
http://www.atarisupport.com
The patch has been aborted

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I tried downloading it manualy and moving to my install directory and i still get the error.

Could a mod that I installed be causing the issue? I don't want to have to re-install and start over again.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
I got some vague memories that this happened to me too. You'll have to install the patch (maybe even several of them) manually to get around the problem. The patches can be found somewhere here. Good luck.

Edit: Ups, that what you get from typing faster than you can read. If you've already tried that, maybe some folks from the NWN 2 forum can help you out (if you haven't been there already).

Saxon1974

Prophet
Yea I tried that already and poked around the forum and didn't find it easy to find the solution I needed quickly so I gave up. Oh well, I will just play it on the version its currently at.

Thanks for the reply.

afewhours

Scholar
Saxon1974 said:
Aaarrrggg, as well made as this game is, I still hate the combat and the camera control.

Ja, I'd say there's too many options with the camera. It's fine for tinkerers like myself, but most people don't wanna spend hours fucking around with the game settings. I went with trying to recreate the Infinity Engine as much as possible. I stuck the camera in a top-down position and as far out as possible, and I turned on puppet mode for all NPCs. The Slim GUI mod helps as well.

Combat in MotB consists of nothing else but getting Safiya to spam Meteor Swarm, and Gann and Kaylen to spam Storm of Vengeance. MotB is many good things, but a tactical dungeon crawl it is not.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Download the Patcher
Download the nwn2_pcx1_english_from1101116_to1111152.zip
upack both files in your NWN2 folder and run the patcher.

The Camera even after hours of tweaking continues to be crap but it's tolerable crap , at least. I've stopped trying to use a classic black isle rpg isometric look (you know with mouse hitting the end of the screen to make it move) because it doesn't seem to work with this game since you can't lock the angle and distance of the camera. I've finally chosen the character mode with a far view, so now the camera follows my char and I can change the angle by having the left mouse button pressed.

Saxon1974

Prophet
ghostdog said:
Download the Patcher
Download the nwn2_pcx1_english_from1101116_to1111152.zip
upack both files in your NWN2 folder and run the patcher.

The Camera even after hours of tweaking continues to be crap but it's tolerable crap , at least. I've stopped trying to use a classic black isle rpg isometric look (you know with mouse hitting the end of the screen to make it move) because it doesn't seem to work with this game since you can't lock the angle and distance of the camera. I've finally chosen the character mode with a far view, so now the camera follows my char and I can change the angle by having the left mouse button pressed.

Thank you. It says that it may corrupt save games, so Im gonna give up on this effort, too much work. I dont know why they have made patches so difficult.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Ok tried it anyway. Gives me an error saying invalid patch file, oh well I give up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom