Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 to be shown at E3

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://blogs.ign.com/BW_MassEffect/2009/04/30/119240/

When Mass Effect was released, we were very happy to see how well it was received. But the first thing we did in designing Mass Effect 2 was to listen very carefully to what people were saying about how they played the first one – what they loved, what they wanted to see improved, and the countless anecdotes that describe players’ personal experiences with their unique paths through the story. We read forum posts, reviews, watched people playing the game on YouTube, and literally noted and categorized every piece of feedback we could find, to help us target an overall evolution of the gameplay to the way people actually experienced it. In other words, when you were talking, we were listening.

That important perspective, combined with the existing trilogy story and our own ambitions for new features, formed the blueprint for Mass Effect 2 – the dark second act in the trilogy.

And so we arrive at today, with a game still veiled from the public but bearing so many improvements and exciting content that it feels like it’s straining to break free. Fortunately we’ll be able to do that this summer when we demonstrate it at E3. Until then, I can only say that you can look forward to some incredible new experiences in Mass Effect 2 as the story takes on even larger proportions, along with a ton of gameplay improvements and a return of the things most loved by players of the first game.

I know Skyway is probably fapping furiously as soon as he read this.

So the Dark Second Act... ooooh!

I just hope they don't fuck up Talia, she was the only character that was actually interesting in the entire game.

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Jaesun said:
I just hope they don't fuck up Talia, she was the only character that was actually interesting in the entire game.

What?

This game was good for an action shooter? It was an action shooter right? Some very very very very small rpg influences too. Too bad the aiming is stupified for console retards so to use skyway his words : S H I T.

:decline:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
and the countless anecdotes that describe players’ personal experiences with their unique paths through the story
:?
and literally noted and categorized every piece of feedback we could find
:?

I liked the first game. Still interested in the second one. I'm sure I may be the only one here.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"This game was good for an action shooter"

Action RPG that had more role-playing than most actual full fledge RPGs. R00fles!

"Another mediocre game by EA Canada. Who cares?"

Actually, it's EA Bioware. EA Kanada alreayd has otehr headquarters ala Quebec. And, I think there's one in BC, too.

L0LLIGAGZ!

Black

Arcane
Action RPG that had more role-playing than most actual full fledge RPGs. R00fles!
R00fles indeed. The "it had more role-playing" part I mean. R00fles!

Korgan

Arbiter
ME was worth pirating, if only to see how many SF cliches Bioware can pack into every point of the plot. Speaking about the plot, what retard thought of the ridiculous deus ex machina that's supposed to pass for the evidence against Saren? "That chick accidentally killed a geth who accidentally happened to be near Saren on the Sovereign, and now you accidentally bumped into her?"

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
sportforredneck said:
I liked the first game. Still interested in the second one. I'm sure I may be the only one here.
Looking forward to it too. ME was an alright game imo so I'm interested in seeing how they improve on it.

Qwinn

Scholar
Too bad the aiming is stupified for console retards

You apparently missed the thread where we completely debunked this lame misconception.

"That chick accidentally killed a geth who accidentally happened to be near Saren on the Sovereign, and now you accidentally bumped into her

Exactly! Except for the part where:

1. She killed the geth on purpose.
2. There's no reason whatsoever to believe it was "near Saren on the Sovereign". They have kinda a hive mind, remember?
3. You didn't "accidentally" bump into her.

Other than that, you've nailed it precisely.

Qwinn

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Qwinn said:

You apparently missed the thread where we completely debunked this lame misconception.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Options
Target Assist -Target assist is designed to make combat easier for players not accustomed to first-person shooters, or possibly players struggling with the game. Target assist does not improve the player's accuracy - in other words, it will not decrease the size of the reticle. Instead, the game interprets shots close to enemies as shots at enemies.

High - Target assist at maximum to make combat easier.

Normal - Target assist at default.

Low - Target assist at minimum to make combat more challenging.
Note that it can't be turned off completely. So much for debunking.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Volourn said:
"This game was good for an action shooter"

What game did you play? It gave me the choice of either being an hero of the universe or badass EXTREME asshole. Wow great choices eh?
It was a decent game, nothing special.

Deleted member 7219

Fat Dragon said:
sportforredneck said:
Looking forward to it too. ME was an alright game imo so I'm interested in seeing how they improve on it.

I really liked Mass Effect - in fact I'm on another playthrough right now - so I'll be following this.

Korgan

Arbiter
Qwinn said:
There's no reason whatsoever to believe it was "near Saren on the Sovereign". They have kinda a hive mind, remember?
What? Then why couldn't Shepard disable and hack any random Geth?

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Qwinn said:

No, and by the way i mentioned it first not skyway. Read the thread again if you want.

sportforredneck said:

What a surprise you like a mediocre patrotic KWA game. You probably though Transformers was an @w$om3 movie too.

Qwinn

Scholar
What? Then why couldn't Shepard disable and hack any random Geth?

Shepard can and does hack random geth all over the game. What he can't do is preserve the memory core, which self-destructs. Tali was able to do so because her race built the things.

Qwinn

obediah

Erudite
But the first thing we did in designing Mass Effect 2 was to listen very carefully to what people (i.e. halotards) were saying about how they played the first one

ME2 will be a much better shooter than the first.

MetalCraze

Arcane
How about stopping posting threads about shooters in RPG discussion?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom