Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MCA interview on New Vegas DLCs

Stasgard

Liturgist
Thanks for the link Solar. I think cautious optimism will be my stance here. I've always found Avellone's work quite entertaining at the very least, and I see no reason why this should deviate from that too wildly. If it's fun an not too derpy, should be worth a play I reckon.

Deleted member 7219

You call that an interview? I call it MCA mumbling and a retarded gaming site drowning everything out with irritating music.

They should let you romance that talking door control. It would add another layer of depth only seen in Bioware masterpieces

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I was going to wait for a discounted GoTY version for New Vegas but it seems like the DLC won't be much better than the mediocre to awful DLC for FO3.

Exmit

Scholar
Every Kodexer needs to do his patriotic duty and buy everything blind folded what master MCA provides.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Metro said:
I was going to wait for a discounted GoTY version for New Vegas but it seems like the DLC won't be much better than the mediocre to awful DLC for FO3.

Point Lookout was a masterpiece. The rest were shit but at least they came with decent new weapons, which is more than I can say for the shit NV has had so far.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
New Vegas is a bro's game

I'm actually surprised how much this game is doing financially, with the re-used engine and all, and of course the original F3 being an unsurpassed 10/10 experience with elaborate writing and characters

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Metro said:

Dead Money was great.

Radisshu

Prophet
This looks pretty cool. I've lost my New Vegas disc, so I guess I'll just buy the GOTY edition with all the shit thrown in.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Point lookout was nice (the best from F03) but Dead Money was best Fallout dlc for now. Honest heart was too short on dialogue and story and we didn't get the Joshua Graham as companion but it was plesent hike nethertheless. I'm looking forward for more.

Also the

A_Light_Shining_in_Darkness.png

231px-Weap_joshua_pistol_whippin_45.jpg

"καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει"(Kai to phoos en tè skotia phainei) on the right side and "καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν"(kai hè skotia auto ou katelaben) on the left side, which translates as "And the light shineth in darkness and the darkness captured it not" M:

Multi-headed Cow

Radisshu said:
This looks pretty cool. I've lost my New Vegas disc, so I guess I'll just buy the GOTY edition with all the shit thrown in.
Assuming everything was legal, you've got it activated on Steam. Just log in to your account and redownload it.

Also looking forward to this even though the sound was so fucked up I couldn't understand anything since I didn't feel like blasting the volume at 2 AM when I'm feeling mellow.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
curry said:
MCA needs to step up his game, he's old news now.

Not until there's some new hot shot to replace him he's not. Who's the Maverick to his Iceman?

Fucking panda bears. :rpgcodex:

Gord

Arcane
Big Nick Digger said:
They should let you romance that talking door control. It would add another layer of depth only seen in Bioware masterpieces

You could have a nice conversation with a talking door in Ultima Underworld. Unfortunately it was in the dark days before Bioware led us into the light, so you couldn't romance the door.

Radisshu

Prophet
Multi-headed Cow said:
Radisshu said:
Assuming everything was legal, you've got it activated on Steam. Just log in to your account and redownload it.

Also looking forward to this even though the sound was so fucked up I couldn't understand anything since I didn't feel like blasting the volume at 2 AM when I'm feeling mellow.

I've got a PS3 :oops:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
They'll probably stop at 5 DLC's at most like FO3 or soon after Skyrim is released. I'd love one proper expansion for NV though as who knows if Obsidian will be asked to do any Fallout games in the future.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Old World Blues and next month Lonesome Road will be the last DLC most probably.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
commie said:
I'd love one proper expansion for NV though as who knows if Obsidian will be asked to do any Fallout games in the future.

Fuck ZeniMax if they don't hire Obsidian again. Let Bethesda do the "real", numbered sequels and Obsidian do the good ones. Besides, didn't FNV sell better than FO3?

Multi-headed Cow

Radisshu said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Radisshu said:

I've got a PS3 :oops:
Oh. I see. :rpgcodex:

MCA
Subhuman scum.

And how does one lose discs anyway? Are you one of those bums who leave bare discs lying around?

Factory life has done you no good, obviously.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, I played through 70% of Point Lookout and didn't find it all that great. I also never got around to Broken Steel, either, but apparently that's fairly short and unmemorable. To be sure Point Lookout was better than the other DLC but that isn't saying much considering how Zeta and Anchorage were horrendous and (ignoring the ingot collection) how brief the Pitt was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom