Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ME3 plot summary pops up on EA Store

SimpleComplexity said:
Only Commander Shepard can stop the reapers
Only Commander Shepard can complete the mission
Only Commander Shepard can save the galaxy

Only Commander Shepard can prevent forest fires

wait, shit

Ermm

Erudite
Haven't played Mass Effect but what the plot really is about?
I thought it was someting like espionage and terrorists but IN SPACE.

Seems I was mistaken.

And which is better? PC or console versions? I can't stand console ports on PC no matter how good they are.

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's a port, but Bioware remade the interface for the PC version and did sort of a good job with it. As for asking which is better, PC or console.... seriously?

The plot is what you would expect from any sci-fi space opera, that is, lots of clichés, foreign alien menace, sexual tension between rival species....

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Rasputin said:
Evil omnipotent robots appear every 10,000 years to kill the entire universe over and over again for no real reason but this time Commander Shepard decides to stop them.

racofer said:
As for asking which is better, PC or console.... seriously?

PC, because you can pirate it

Considering it's a port, not mod-friendly (afaik) and the gameplay is not hectic enough to require a mouse, it's not that simple. Assassin's Creed apparently had a poopy PC port, but played nicely on the hex-bawx.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
racofer said:
Bioware remade the interface for the PC version and did sort of a good job with it.
You better talk exclusively about Mass Effect 2 here, racofer, because Mass Effect 1's interface is fucking awful.

Ermm

Erudite
racofer said:
It's a port, but Bioware remade the interface for the PC version and did sort of a good job with it. As for asking which is better, PC or console.... seriously?

The plot is what you would expect from any sci-fi space opera, that is, lots of clichés, foreign alien menace, sexual tension between rival species....

Yeah, but for me, if it is made FOR console, then it somehow plays better in console. Tried Dead Rising 2 for PC, and even though I uninstalled after 1,5 hours, I think I would have liked it a little more on console.

That doesn't mean I will go right closest shop for Xbox or PS3.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Andyman Messiah said:
racofer said:
Bioware remade the interface for the PC version and did sort of a good job with it.
You better talk exclusively about Mass Effect 2 here, racofer, because Mass Effect 1's interface is fucking awful.
Nope, ME1 included.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Rasputin said:
racofer said:

Yeah, but for me, if it is made FOR console, then it somehow plays better in console.

Suit yourself and enjoy the minutes long loading screens elevator rides.

I know that you are fighting the good fight and trying to prevent another confused soul from following the dark path of the consoles, but the Church of St. Avellone says lies, no matter what good can come out of them, are never justified.

In other words, stfu fgt

MetalCraze

Arcane
Rasputin said:
I thought it was someting like espionage and terrorists but IN SPACE.

Seems I was mistaken.

And which is better? PC or console versions? I can't stand console ports on PC no matter how good they are.

The plot is about a Chosen One flying around on The Special Unique Superspaceship and saving The Universe from The Ancient Evil that kills everything for no reason (actually there is a reason but "your brain is too primitive to understand it").

And yes it's very much your typical console shooter. Meaning there is no action at all. You just constantly sit behind the box and play a shooting range with heads of enemies that constantly pop out from behind boxes.

Of course it could be worse - ME1 also has Mako rides.

The interface is about as comfortable as sticking your penis in a cage full of hedgehogs. And that's on PC.

attackfighter

Magister
Andyman Messiah said:
Evil omnipotent robots appear every 10,000 years to kill the entire universe over and over again for no real reason but this time Commander Shepard decides to stop them.

I just found a plot hole: why don't the reapers hold off for 60 years until shepard dies of old age?

Drakron

Arcane
attackfighter said:
I just found a plot hole: why don't the reapers hold off for 60 years until shepard dies of old age?

Because that would make sense.

Also how exactly would they get to the Milky Way Galaxy? they are in Dark Space and their FTL travel is by Mass Relays so why is not Shepard great-great-great-grandson/granddaughter dead by the time they arrived?

ironyuri

I don't know why no one has mentioned this yet, but: Earth?

In the previous two iterations of Mass Effect, Earth has not been a visitable planet. Two out of three of Shephard's backgrounds mean that he is not earthborn. Humanity has long ago expanded well beyond earth's frontiers and the entire planet, in its descriptions, is said to be a giant slum unified under a single government.

The ME world has made no real and deep conection between the player character and the earth home-world. Even in ME2 with Cerberus, the Earth/Humanity First zealots. The Citadel is the "home-world" we've been asked to feel connected to from day one.

Why is it that in the third game we are suddenly being asked to save Earth? Why do the reapers give a shit about it? It's not even the main military outpost of Humanity in the world, from what I remember.

It's just absolutely ridiculous. None of the alien races will give a shit about earth either. Fuck this shit.

desocupado

Magister
ironyuri said:
I don't know why no one has mentioned this yet, but: Earth?

In the previous two iterations of Mass Effect, Earth has not been a visitable planet. Two out of three of Shephard's backgrounds mean that he is not earthborn. Humanity has long ago expanded well beyond earth's frontiers and the entire planet, in its descriptions, is said to be a giant slum unified under a single government.

The ME world has made no real and deep conection between the player character and the earth home-world. Even in ME2 with Cerberus, the Earth/Humanity First zealots. The Citadel is the "home-world" we've been asked to feel connected to from day one.

Why is it that in the third game we are suddenly being asked to save Earth? Why do the reapers give a shit about it? It's not even the main military outpost of Humanity in the world, from what I remember.

It's just absolutely ridiculous. None of the alien races will give a shit about earth either. Fuck this shit.

The real question here is why are you looking for a sense and reason in a Bioware game?

It's just a excuse to have 4 hubs, some companions, then go and kill the ultra evil villain that wants to destroy everything.

torpid

Liturgist
I'm so very happy that this is in General Gaming rather than RPG Discussion

desocupado said:
The real question here is why are you looking for a sense and reason in a Bioware game?

It's just a excuse to have 4 hubs, some companions WITH DADDY ISSUES TO SOLVE BEFORE THEIR NEW DADDY ROMANCES THEM then go and kill the ultra evil villain that wants to destroy everything.

I think you missed that crucial part of the game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Drakron said:
attackfighter said:

Because that would make sense.

Also how exactly would they get to the Milky Way Galaxy? they are in Dark Space and their FTL travel is by Mass Relays so why is not Shepard great-great-great-grandson/granddaughter dead by the time they arrived?
U CANNOT UNDERSTAND TEH REPERSE DEY SO BEOND JOO LOLZ

^ This is the key to understanding Mass Effect storyfags.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
torpid said:
I'm so very happy that this is in General Gaming rather than RPG Discussion

desocupado said:

It's just a excuse to have 4 hubs, some companions WITH DADDY ISSUES TO SOLVE BEFORE THEIR NEW DADDY ROMANCES THEM then go and kill the ultra evil villain that wants to destroy everything.

I think you missed that crucial part of the game.

All ME3 threads should be in here instead. Also, good fix on the structure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom