Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Memoranda, a point-and-click adventure about memory loss

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We totally missed this one. Kickstarted last year, coming January 25: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1929139578/memoranda/

Memoranda is a game about forgetting and being forgotten, inspired by the surreal world short stories of Japanese novelist Haruki Murakami (Kafka on the Shore, Norwegian Wood, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle). Memoranda tells the story of a young woman who gradually realizes that she is forgetting her own name. But is she really losing her memory, or is there something else that could explain the strange situation?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/430410/

agris

Arcane
Patron
This was released today. Anyone have some feedback? MRY you have good taste, any thoughts?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
This was released today. Anyone have some feedback? MRY you have good taste, any thoughts?
Haven't played it, or even heard of it. (Though seeing that it was Kickstarted, maybe I contributed to it back in the day.) Looks pretty and it cites neat inspirations. These days I can only play adventure games suitable for my kids, since the only time I play is with them, so I might have to take a pass on it.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Not enough obsession about boobs in that trailer to be actually inspired by Murakami.

V_K

Arcane
Finished it today and liked it overall. It's kinda like they took the Adventure game absurdity that is traditionally used for laughs and played it straight. The end result runs the gamut from (mostly) delightfully nuts to (occasionally) trying too hard. Puzzles for the most part work well within this nonsense logic, and I liked that most clues are very subtle and visual rather than textual. There is a hint system for some standalone puzzles, but what it does is helps you find the connection between the clues and the puzzle rather than spoiling the solution itself. Generally, I felt that the difficulty was quite right for the most part, and when I did consult a walkthrough (too little time to play it unassisted, unfortunately) I usually felt really dumb for not noticing the connection (except one particular puzzle that is nearly monkey-wrench-level).
What I didn't like is that the game allows you to do some things without a narrative justification, but not others (see MRY's post on Monkey Island). One puzzle in particular allows you to do all the item combinations in the inventory without any apparent reason (the protagonist even comments on that), but you can't do the last stage before the narrative tells you why, even though the NPC involved becomes available much earlier.

V_K

Arcane
It's not that pretentious, really - it doesn't pretend that there's some deep emoshunal meaning behind all the weird stuff, just revels in the nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom