Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro 2033 sale

LordDenton

Augur
Gragt said:
Then Thief is retardedly next-gen.

Don't taint Thief's name by mentioning in a thread about this piece of shit, you fucking faggot.

:x

Thief games are good, whereas Metro 2033 is made for mouth breathing console gamers.

MCA
Thief is very much like Metro 2033 in some minor aspects. There's simply no denying it. If you do, you are a moron who hasn't played Thief to the end. Obviously, we have a few such morons ITT. Gowddamn morons, why do they not get it? You have to play a game before going on lunatic raves. Uneducated filthy subhuman scum.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Thief is very much like Metro 2033 in some minor aspects.

You move forward by pressing 'W' in Call of Duty and VtmB and shoot through a crosshair - see the games are very much the same in some minor aspects

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
LordDenton said:
Don't taint Thief's name by mentioning in a thread about this piece of shit, you fucking faggot.

I'd tell you to blow it out your ass but my dick is in the way :smug:

Twinkle

Liturgist
Stealth sections in M2033 were done surprisingly well compared to the rest of the game. There were no awesome I'M NINJA buttons (hello, Crysis), sound really mattered, in fact there were traps that just triggered the alarm, you had to be careful and not step into glass or other loud surfaces, in addition to static guards some had patrol routes, and most importantly, no "I've got a glimpse of an armed dude here, must have been a rat!" bullshit that plagued even Thief.

Still, comparing it directly to Thief is stupid: they belong to different leagues. Level design in Metro blows so hard compared to T1 and especially T2 that it's not even funny.

LordDenton

Augur
Gragt said:
LordDenton said:

I'd tell you to blow it out your ass but my dick is in the way :smug:
Thanks for confirming that you're a faggot. After all, only a faggot would insert his dick in other dudes' assholes. ;)

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Twinkle said:
Still, comparing it directly to Thief is stupid: they belong to different leagues. Level design in Metro blows so hard compared to T1 and especially T2 that it's not even funny.

Sure, it's more like they got some inspiration from the stealth system of Thief instead of recreating the whole thing — after all Thief is a stealth game while Metro 2033 is mainly a shooter with some stealth elements. Level design is of course on two very different leagues, and Metro 2033 is at times too linear but then again it provides some nice pieces of actions and some of the levels are surprisingly large and offer alternate routes to the exit. Can't really think of a recent shooter who did blend this all well.

LordDenton said:
Thanks for confirming that you're a faggot. After all, only a faggot would insert his dick in other dudes' assholes. ;)

Yawn.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just finished it. And it's pretty decent.
It has a lot of cutscenes, a lot of plotholes and lame monsters (with one or two exceptions). But it has a nice atmosphere (maybe better than Stalker), great art direction and nice weapons. I really liked the last location and the ending.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
toro said:
Just finished it. And it's pretty decent.
It has a lot of cutscenes, a lot of plotholes and lame monsters (with one or two exceptions). But it has a nice atmosphere (maybe better than Stalker), great art direction and nice weapons. I really liked the last location and the ending.
But how nice are the weapons?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom