Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro: Last Light

hiver

what about my expectations of insights from your posts huh Angthoron ?
Ever wander about fucking that?
How about seeding something instead of just leaching? huh? HUH?

/
Dishonored actually had much better stealth mechanics and MUCH better gameplay - NPCs not being able to see anything above them included.

M:LL has worst stealth gameplay i have EVER seen.
And thats a sad fact.

Angthoron

Arcane
How about seeding something instead of just leaching? huh? HUH?
YEAH I WILL SEED Y- no NO NO NO. No.

I've not played the game though, so I'm kinda interested to hear both sides before I try it out. Or I don't try it out. Yeah.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Whoa, whoa, slow down. There's absolutely no worse recent FPS than Bioshock Infinite. As far how shitness of the Metro's gameplay goes, it's not the Infinite's level of crap.

oscar

Arcane
Very cool atmosphere and great graphics (both technically and in terms of visual design without requiring super specs to play well). But weak stealth, linearity, gimmicky bosses and an over-reliance on scripted scenes show the game's reluctance to stray too far from the cinematic FPS mould. I wish this had been a full-blown sandbox and become a well-polished STALKER or, if not a sandbox, at least something akin to Deus Ex with a more reactive plot and non-combat interaction.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Well, as a shooter it's pretty shit too, because AI can't use ladders and you can kill everyone in the room few times, remaining invisible. Just back off under the wall on the "high ground" with the ladder being the only way up that gives you "all enemies loose track of you".

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's a great shooter. I loved starting gunfights, because the enemies are pretty good fighters and the environments are full of flanking opportunities. The surface segments full of mutants are also pretty tough. I would have liked the game to expand more on those darkness spider monsters, though, since it only had like two or three at a time and that wasn't enough to make them all that dangerous despite their heavy armor.

Also, enemies can use ladders. I had a few try to chase me down in one of those service passages under the level, which was really cool.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Suit yourself, but I do prefer calling shit shooters just shit shooters. Mutant levels are far better, but they are too few to rescue this. Mindless beasts work fine with no AI.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Meh. I think the game is a pretty great shooter. Certainly not popamole.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I played Metro 2033 recently if Last Light is the same, it is half popamole/half good linear shooter. When Metro 2033 tried to imitate good linear shooters it was a good shooter with very good visuals and amazing setting, you can see the half life and Riddick influences. It is a pity that 50% of time it tried to be CoD russian edition. If it had more levels like front lines and dead city and less shitty turret sections, shitty turret section when this time you are the turret, rooted in one place, firing at mutants(it was funny because a Nosalis come, hit me one or two times, Nosalis die, when the next one comes my life already had regenerated even on Ranger mode), shitty following NPC while he walks on tunnel where nothing relevant gameplay wise happens and he just talks exposition, shitty chase sequences with no gameplay. If Last Light is the same, then is better to wait until the price drop because It is hard to ignore the awful CoD like sections, I can see the potential of 4A guys (an entire game made with the level design of dead city or front lines with a more developed stealth system could be awesome) but CoD gameplay is too shitty even with awesome setting.

I actually prefer the fight against humans even with the broken stealth in Metro 2033 because beasts have the annoying tendecy of getting out of the narrow field of view, getting below your vision, they make the camera shake and become red when attacking making you disorientated all the time, there is no blood when they die or satisfying death animations, they just slowly drop dead and because of this more than one time I thought I had killed the beast while in reality it was still alive or I wasted ammunition on something that already was dead.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
It's worse, period.

Setting is fucking amazing, though. Also, tits and lap dances. Will wait for deep silver to crumble and collect goty with all dlcs for 2.5€.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's worse, period.

Setting is fucking amazing, though. Also, tits and lap dances. Will wait for deep silver to crumble and collect goty with all dlcs for 2.5€.

That's my plan basically. I hope they last long enough to get X Rebirth out in a decent state at least. Probably not gonna happen though...

MasPingon

Arcane
Metro 2033 was much better than CS and CoP, I enjoyed it very much, it was just still very inferior to the Oblivion Lost aka Shadow of Chernobyl.

I can't imagine how anyone here can consider railroad papamole shooter with a lot of POV cutscenes better then Stalker:CoP. There isn't one thing in Metro 2033 that shines in front of CoP, including gfx and atmosphere. There are some game breaking design decisions like ridiculously low vertical FOV which makes the game unplayable without XBox gamepad. And I refuse to play FPS game without keyboard and mouse.

Don't forget to pick up the season pass, guyz!

What is a season pass?.

It is a kind of retard test, you pass by getting it

I can't imagine how anyone here can consider railroad papamole shooter with a lot of POV cutscenes better then Stalker:CoP.

It's Konjad. You must've missed all his "Dragon Age 2 is a great game" posts. However, even though I haven't played Last Light, at least first Metro game isn't popamole. Linear and cutscene heavy? Yes. But definitely not popamole.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What the fuck kind of DLC can this game have that it would warrant a season pass? Certainly they can't paste entire story sections into a game as linear as this? Unless they create side missions that have nothing to do with the main story, but that would break the flow a bit.

Unless they're going to go completely over the top and add weapon DLC to the season pass. Now that would be hilarious.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The FOV problem was patched in less than two days. I'm now playing the campaign a third time, now with a vertical FOV of 60, I think, and it all works just fine and is easier on the eyes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think you confused this thread for your twitter feed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom