Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft : “No game is bigger than Halo”

Ancient

Erudite
Halo? Yes, that’s the biggest and most popular gaming franchise ever, according to Microsoft i.e.

Microsoft has sent in a presser which claims that “no game is bigger than Halo” on the eve of Bungie’s final Halo game, Halo : Reach hit stores across the world.

They further state that the release of Reach will undoubtedly be the “biggest entertainment event” of 2010 and goes on to compare it with the release of Star Wars: Episode 1.

Source

Pablosdog

Prophet
Pod racers, whiny anakin and Jar jar.

They keep spaming those dramafag halo:reach commercials on almost EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CHANNEL, they must of spent millions upon millions to get the hype machine rolling.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Pablosdog said:
Pod racers, whiny anakin and Jar jar.

They keep spaming those dramafag halo:reach commercials on almost EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CHANNEL, they must of spent millions upon millions to get the hype machine rolling.
Well, we know what to do in these type of situations...

inb4whorenalism

bloodlover

Arcane
I wonder if the guy that came up with "no game is bigger than Halo" actually played any other game except Halo.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Clockwork Knight said:
Mangoose said:
Ancient said:
Star Wars: Episode 1.
:?

Well, they're talking about the pre-release hype, not the later backlash from all the fanbois complaining it ruined their deep and mature story with half-naked slave princesses and cuddly teddy bears
That's the point. They act as if so much pre-release hype makes the game good, when the example they give backfires on them completely.

Nice try at being anti-Kodex.

Drakron

Arcane
bloodlover said:
I wonder if the guy that came up with "no game is bigger than Halo" actually played any other game except Halo.

Well, Halo made the jocks start playing games ... its big as it sold a lot, Halo sold 5 millions, Halo 2 and Halo 3 sold 8 million.

I seen a entire Halo:Reach playthrough and it did not impressed me, its the same shit as Halo: ODST but have all the signs of people that too much in love with their own story, the whole thing ends up just delivering Master Chief girlfriend with a couple of rather stupid deaths.

The worst thing? its already a 9/10 ... same shit,short, no effort, retarded story and a 9/10.

Yes, Halo is big ...

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
bloodlover said:
He's not talking about the size of the game world, he's talking about the size of the hype, of the fanbase, of the marketing budget...

Of course since M$ threw everything it could at advertising (Halo 3 had more ads than the summer blockbusters... it was terrible), M$ then proclaiming that Halo is "big" is kinda like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

deuxhero

Arcane
Uh, even discounting non-games, the following are "bigger than Halo"'s 5 million (8 million for the sequels).

Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon
Super Mario Bros 3
Mario Kart DS
Pokemon
San Andreas
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Gran Turismo 3
Pokemon
Super Mario Land
Pokemon
Pokemon

It doesn't even make the top 20 biggest sellers (see Wikipedia) by a long shot. MKWii and NSMB actually beat the combined sales for all 3 games. Fuck, they've sold almost as much as the original Xbox itself.

Sceptic said:
bloodlover said:
He's not talking about the size of the game world, he's talking about the size of the hype, of the fanbase, of the marketing budget...

Of course since M$ threw everything it could at advertising (Halo 3 had more ads than the summer blockbusters... it was terrible), M$ then proclaiming that Halo is "big" is kinda like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Mario and Pokemon still win even by that standard. Even if you use the "size of the data" path I doubt you'll have issues beating Halo.

Felix

Arcane
Pokemon and Mario are bigger than Halo, and they're actually fun. :smug:

Rogue

Educated
I wasn't even aware that I'm missing out on an event of such magnitude. I really should check out this "Halo" you speak of. If Microsoft says it's such a colossal event, then surely it must be true, for they are always to be trusted. I remember reading all those promises that they made to me during the installation of such stellar operating systems as Windows 98. They all came true, so therefore I have faith in this "Halo" computerized video whatchamacallit game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Clockwork Knight said:
Mangoose said:
Nice try at being anti-Kodex.

That was an offhand commentary, considering there are no SW fanbois at the codex, afaik
So you have to be a SW fanboi to think that the Phantom Menace sucks? :retarded:

(I take the :retarded: back if you're 12, in which case it's an entertaining movie for you.)

racofer

Thread Incliner
Microsoft and Halotards opinion:

halo-wars-1.jpg

My opinion (Codex opinion by extension):

290y25f.jpg

REACH THIS HALOFAGS!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THIS IS SERIOUS SHIT SKYWAY GFUKCING HATES HALO IS IS GOING TO HAVE TO POLAY IT AT LEAST TEN TIMES TO REALLY DIGEST THE SHITTINESS OF IT NO WONDER HE HASNTY POSTED MUJCH LATELTY

bloodlover

Arcane
Big deal, other games sold better Diablo 2 and Starcraft still have around 11 million users on b net, Starcraft 2 sold like 3 milion copies in one month and I am not even going to mention how many ppl bought WoW and pay to play the game every month...

So Halo sux ass at sales compared to this for ex.

And about the size of the hype and the fanbase ... I doubt it's bigger that the one Blizzard has for their games.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
BLOBERT said:
BROS THIS IS SERIOUS SHIT SKYWAY GFUKCING HATES HALO IS IS GOING TO HAVE TO POLAY IT AT LEAST TEN TIMES TO REALLY DIGEST THE SHITTINESS OF IT NO WONDER HE HASNTY POSTED MUJCH LATELTY

I wonder where it will fit in his review hierachy: with 98% or 99%? :smug:

desocupado

Magister
BLOBERT said:

This made me laugh.

:love: BLOBERT

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
I kinda like Halo. Hugely overrated game, and the fact that every shooter since has been a Halo rip-off really sucks. Still I think the core gameplay is solid, and was even fresh and exciting back in 2001. I only ever played the first one, seeing as how it was the only one to get a non-retarded PC port, but had the second half of the game been as good as the second it would rank among my favorite shooters. Don't know how the sequels were though.

ZbojLamignat

Educated
I like Bungie because of Myth 1&2 so I'll never play any Halo game and avoid tainting my soul with hatred :love:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Cockgobbling consoletard fanboys whose first experience with an FPS on the console that isn't actually a total turd fall in love with the game aided by M$ marketing bucks and hype it far beyond its actual merit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom